Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Nov 13th 2019, 12:10 pm
  #421  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 48
leah_aalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Sorry to resurrect a dying thread, but I just wanted to ask a quick question about timescales. I've submitted 3 N-600k's for my children and have received confirmation that they are being "actively reviewed by USCIS". For some reason, although they were submitted together, one shows as having its status changed 35 days ago, and the other two 33 days ago. This concerns me slightly, but I have called the helpline and they don't seem to think this is an issue.

My questions however is regarding interview dates. I understand from the USCIS website that it could take anywhere from 6 - 27 months to process, but can anyone give me an idea of how far in advance of the interview do you receive notification of your interview date? Are we talking months, weeks or days?!
leah_aalin is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2019, 10:56 pm
  #422  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by WEBlue
I'm curious, Michele11 - is it possible that this Michele Coven Wolgel is yourself?
No, it's not possible. In what part of what I wrote did I implied that I was her 🤔.

Anyway today both my nieces were offered an interview, 🎉 wonderful news.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2019, 11:01 pm
  #423  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by leah_aalin
Sorry to resurrect a dying thread, but I just wanted to ask a quick question about timescales. I've submitted 3 N-600k's for my children and have received confirmation that they are being "actively reviewed by USCIS". For some reason, although they were submitted together, one shows as having its status changed 35 days ago, and the other two 33 days ago. This concerns me slightly, but I have called the helpline and they don't seem to think this is an issue.

My questions however is regarding interview dates. I understand from the USCIS website that it could take anywhere from 6 - 27 months to process, but can anyone give me an idea of how far in advance of the interview do you receive notification of your interview date? Are we talking months, weeks or days?!
hi! Just today both my nieces got their invitation for their interview. They give options for the dates, for example they said they were available as soon as December 2,5,7 etc and the latest for this year the 18th and if not they said to pick a date after the first week of January, so I would said they are open to your needs and my nieces took exactly 6 months.

Good luck.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2019, 11:19 pm
  #424  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Hi. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for sharing their experience, this is one of the very few places that I was able to find valuable information.

My nieces got their invitation for their interviews today, I have to say that I was nervous because I didn't really found that many cases were the USC parent was dead and just the grandparent was submitting the petition and then one of the girls was born in marriage and the other was not and their father died in the U.S. and without custody of them at the time, but after a few bumps in the road everything went well.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from their cases.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Nov 28th 2019, 10:11 am
  #425  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 48
leah_aalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
hi! Just today both my nieces got their invitation for their interview. They give options for the dates, for example they said they were available as soon as December 2,5,7 etc and the latest for this year the 18th and if not they said to pick a date after the first week of January, so I would said they are open to your needs and my nieces took exactly 6 months.

Good luck.
Thank you Michelle11 for your reply. It is so frustrating how little information is out there about the N600k, and the processing time of 6 - 27 months isn't very helpful!! It's good to hear about other peoples experiences.

I guess we're just going to have to wait, and hope for a similar time frame...we put on the forms that we'd be in Seattle for the 1st three weeks of April (ish) so that would be approximately 6 months from when the forms were accepted. Cutting it fine, but we've not booked anything, so nothing is set in stone.
leah_aalin is offline  
Old Nov 28th 2019, 11:19 pm
  #426  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by leah_aalin
Thank you Michelle11 for your reply. It is so frustrating how little information is out there about the N600k, and the processing time of 6 - 27 months isn't very helpful!! It's good to hear about other peoples experiences.

I guess we're just going to have to wait, and hope for a similar time frame...we put on the forms that we'd be in Seattle for the 1st three weeks of April (ish) so that would be approximately 6 months from when the forms were accepted. Cutting it fine, but we've not booked anything, so nothing is set in stone.
You're welcome. And yes I agree there's very little information and people/lawyers with knowledge about the N600K. After 5 months I called uscis help line and they said that exactly after 6 months they allow you to make a case inquiry, they told me it's their goal to have processed every case within 6 months. May I ask what field office did you choose? Because that makes a difference, they're some offices that are really back up with cases and their volume of work it's 3 or 4 times more than others offices.

Oh and like I post before, my nieces cases was very complicated and not your average case, I know people that submitted their petition way after me and in 3-4 month they were already, I'm thankful that I hire a good lawyer cause she got emails and phone numbers that we the regular people dont have so every week she was putting pressure communicating with them to move the case faster.

Good luck!. If you have any other question let me know.

*oh Lord I see now that you said Seattle. I don't know nothing about that office or heard anyone that have used them, hopefully they move fast with your case.

Last edited by Michele11; Nov 28th 2019 at 11:29 pm.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2019, 1:31 pm
  #427  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 48
leah_aalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11

*oh Lord I see now that you said Seattle. I don't know nothing about that office or heard anyone that have used them, hopefully they move fast with your case.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're not a ridiculously busy office, but who knows! I went on the USCIS website to look at wait times for Seattle, and compared it with a load of other places (big cities and places I've never heard of!) and they all seemed to say the same thing - between 6 and 27 months! I think our applications are relatively straightforward, but that's another thing that you just can't bank on. I've had to apply using my dad's citizenship because I left the US before I was 14, and it was a real struggle to get the paperwork we needed. I am hoping that the mishmash of marriage certificates, property deeds and social security statements will do the trick!

I can't wait to see how much flights are going to cost us if we have to go at short notice though...we're already looking at about £3000 if I booked now!
leah_aalin is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2019, 1:39 pm
  #428  
Deep in the woods of CT
 
Nutmegger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,006
Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Michele11
, I'm thankful that I hire a good lawyer cause she got emails and phone numbers that we the regular people dont have so every week she was putting pressure communicating with them to move the case faster.

:
This is a fallacy. Attorneys cannot influence the speed at which a case is handled.
Nutmegger is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2019, 2:20 pm
  #429  
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,858
tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
This is a fallacy. Attorneys cannot influence the speed at which a case is handled.
Agreed, my company’s one would not even put in the requests.

It was for a GC, but the only movement I got was by writing to my [now] wife’s Congress woman. I never got an update because it was approved after the request came from her office for a update...
tht is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2019, 3:13 pm
  #430  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by leah_aalin
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're not a ridiculously busy office, but who knows! I went on the USCIS website to look at wait times for Seattle, and compared it with a load of other places (big cities and places I've never heard of!) and they all seemed to say the same thing - between 6 and 27 months! I think our applications are relatively straightforward, but that's another thing that you just can't bank on. I've had to apply using my dad's citizenship because I left the US before I was 14, and it was a real struggle to get the paperwork we needed. I am hoping that the mishmash of marriage certificates, property deeds and social security statements will do the trick!

I can't wait to see how much flights are going to cost us if we have to go at short notice though...we're already looking at about £3000 if I booked now!
wowww omg that's so expensive. Same thing happen to my nieces, they got offered interview dates now in December but I took a date after January 15th when holidays are over because tickets are very expensives right now. And yes that whole 6-27 months for every office it's not really helpful at all. What I can tell you it's that the reason why there's delays with all these cases **according to what my lawyer told me** is that in June or so for this form N600K they started accepting it online and not just by regular mail. I sent mine in late May by regular mail and few weeks later they open the online filing and it was a whole mess because all cases where coming without order, so some cases that got earlier haven't got process and some that arrived later were processed, and I was told that now they started to pick things up.
Michele11 is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2019, 3:15 pm
  #431  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
This is a fallacy. Attorneys cannot influence the speed at which a case is handled.
ok cool
Michele11 is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 11:24 pm
  #432  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by leah_aalin
Sorry to resurrect a dying thread, but I just wanted to ask a quick question about timescales. I've submitted 3 N-600k's for my children and have received confirmation that they are being "actively reviewed by USCIS". For some reason, although they were submitted together, one shows as having its status changed 35 days ago, and the other two 33 days ago. This concerns me slightly, but I have called the helpline and they don't seem to think this is an issue.

My questions however is regarding interview dates. I understand from the USCIS website that it could take anywhere from 6 - 27 months to process, but can anyone give me an idea of how far in advance of the interview do you receive notification of your interview date? Are we talking months, weeks or days?!
Why not apply for ir-30?

Means you have some control over when the interview is and no travel to the US needed?

I'm assuming your intention is to move as indicated in other posts...
scrubbedexpat096 is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 12:50 pm
  #433  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 48
leah_aalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Phathamster
Why not apply for ir-30?

Means you have some control over when the interview is and no travel to the US needed?

I'm assuming your intention is to move as indicated in other posts...

An ir-30?

No immediate plans to move now, so we decided that the n-600k was the better option for us. I want to ensure that my kids have options when they are deciding on college or jobs, and thought that it's better to get their citizenship sorted now, as we're relying on my dad's citizenship. As he left the US in the early 90's, it was hard enough to find the evidence we needed without waiting any longer.

As you'll see from my other posts, there have been years of indecision, so it was time to finally make a positive step. It's not the leap I was hoping for, but I'm hoping it will make things a little easier for them in the long term (with the obvious exception of taxes!).
leah_aalin is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 1:54 pm
  #434  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by leah_aalin
An ir-30?

No immediate plans to move now, so we decided that the n-600k was the better option for us. I want to ensure that my kids have options when they are deciding on college or jobs, and thought that it's better to get their citizenship sorted now, as we're relying on my dad's citizenship. As he left the US in the early 90's, it was hard enough to find the evidence we needed without waiting any longer.

As you'll see from my other posts, there have been years of indecision, so it was time to finally make a positive step. It's not the leap I was hoping for, but I'm hoping it will make things a little easier for them in the long term (with the obvious exception of taxes!).


Sorry meant IR visa, just seems alot easier to obtain citizenship that way for a child, cost is marginal especially given recent increase on the n600 and flight prices...

But I didn't realise you had changed plans with regards to moving
scrubbedexpat096 is offline  
Old Jan 21st 2020, 4:41 pm
  #435  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 36
Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

As of this morning both of my nieces are officially U.S citizen. It always made me very happy to read positive outcomes of people who went through the same process. We chose Vermont field office per advise of our lawyer and they were very nice, they didn't ask to verify no document just the girls passports and for my mom to verify their name and addresses and in their certificates of citizenship.

Karina.
Michele11 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.