Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:18 am
Just Joined

linemwill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Hello everyone,

just leaving a short update as I finally heard back from the Boston Office : my interviews are scheduled on August 22nd for both my boys ! yeah !
I'll let you know how it went when I'll be back to France in early September !

:-)
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:28 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linemwill
Hello everyone,

just leaving a short update as I finally heard back from the Boston Office : my interviews are scheduled on August 22nd for both my boys ! yeah !
I'll let you know how it went when I'll be back to France in early September !

:-)
Great to hear you finally got the interview appointment! Hope it all goes well!
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 4:52 am
Just Joined

SalvoUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WEBlue
Wow! Pretty interesting... especially that 'missing' email the supervisor mentioned.... hmm.

So you made an Infopass appointment? And at the time you made the appointment, you had no information as to whether your application had been approved...or denied...or maybe just forgotten in a pile of paperwork on someone's desk??
Yes i risk a lot ..... they can send me away for another mounth or until a responce ...... very lucky ... they was very kind with my children ....
Old Aug 4th 2017, 4:13 am
Just Joined

DECLANG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, My wife and I are filling out N-600K forms for our 3 young children at the moment. My wifes father is a naturalized US citizen before my wife was born and my wife is also a US citizen. The application will be through the kids grandfather as he has records to show that he lived in the US for 15 years.
My question relates to part 3 question 11. I think my wife should tick the box "Birth abroad to US citizen parents" as she was not born in the US. If she ticks this, then what should she write in the "Certificate of citizenship number" box as she does not have a certificate of citizenship? Should she write "None", "N/A" or leave it blank. She has a US passport.
Old Aug 4th 2017, 6:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DECLANG
I think my wife should tick the box "Birth abroad to US citizen parents" as she was not born in the US.
Correct.

If she ticks this, then what should she write in the "Certificate of citizenship number" box as she does not have a certificate of citizenship?
She write "none" - because it's the truth.

I suggest you locate my 3 rules for filling out US immigration forms. They're not hard to find... and will relieve you of any further confusion.

Ian
Old Aug 4th 2017, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Declang,
good luck with your application! As you can prove a 15year residency of your children's grandfather in the usa, you will encounter, i suppose, no problem. Follow ian's advices- he is always a valuable source of information and help!
Old Aug 5th 2017, 1:38 am
Just Joined

DECLANG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ian for the quick response, it was helpful and makes perfect sense.

I had a decent look around the forum and used its search function but I was unable to locate the three rules for filling out US immigration forms that you referred to. The volume of posts over the years made by you alone is huge.

If you get a chance could you put a link to the rules post that you referred to. I think I am fairly confident about completing the N-600K forms correctly. As mentioned above, it's for three children so I don't want to mess it up on a technicality as it is expensive and refunds don't happen if the applications are denied.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 2:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DECLANG
I had a decent look around the forum and used its search function but I was unable to locate the three rules for filling out US immigration forms that you referred to.
Google is your friend. A search for [britishexpats "3 rules"] yielded immediate results. Anyway, here they are:

1) Take each question at face value;
2) Do not ascribe any meaning to the question beyond that which is plainly written; and
3) Do not try to alter the question to fit your circumstances.

Ian
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:20 am
YDS
Just Joined

YDS is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear N600K experts (including Ian!) - we would appreciate thoughts on our situation. We just filed N600K for our 17-year old son, who is due to be 18 at the end of Nov. We filed (and application was received at Phoenix) advance of 90 required processing period per N600K instructions and requested interview date exactly in 90 days and a few days before our son turns 18. Any thoughts how realistic this is given that we see that processing time takes around a year? Do you know if the office expedites applications for individuals reaching 18? Any suggestions what we should do to keep application on track and push it along so that interview is arranged before our son's 18th birthday? Thank you in advance!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by YDS
Any thoughts how realistic this is given that we see that processing time takes around a year?
I don't think it's realistic at all.

Do you know if the office expedites applications for individuals reaching 18?
They do not.

Any suggestions what we should do to keep application on track and push it along so that interview is arranged before our son's 18th birthday?
To my knowledge, there is nothing you can do. You should have started the process years ago... and I'm at a complete loss to understand why you didn't. Why did you wait until he was 17?

Ian
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:50 am
YDS
Just Joined

Thank you Ian - we did unfortunately decide to go through this very recently.

Any thoughts on how they would be able to justify of not processing the application given that technically per N600K instructions it was filed and received in advance of 90 days and interview requested ahead of 18 year birthday? Thanks
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YDS
Thank you Ian - we did unfortunately decide to go through this very recently.

Any thoughts on how they would be able to justify of not processing the application given that technically per N600K instructions it was filed and received in advance of 90 days and interview requested ahead of 18 year birthday? Thanks
Hi there,
I believe that when they take the file, they have a look at the age of the children, and if the 18 th birth day is very close,they expeditate by themselves the whole process. So, if your evidence is plenty enough, persuasive and accurate you will get an interview.
In the mean time
- try to get in to touch with phoenix and tell them how urgent your situation is. They will not give you the uscis office telephone or email, but: ask for an office/ a superior of the telephone representative to speak with, in order to explain the situation and make him make a telephone/ send an Email to the uscis office, in which he will ask for expeditate service.
- find form the uscis webpage the postal address of the uscis office you applied to, and send them by courrier a very kind letter,in which you explain your circumstances, and ask for an expeditate sevice.
-which office you applied to? May be from this forum you can get the email address of the office, if somebody has applied to in the past.
- if you are pretty sure about your evidence, go by your self and your son to the states, visit the uscis office, and ask them in person to handle you situation urgent my and interview your son. Allow about a week for this option. It is risky, but will press the process.( by the way what kind of evidence you send to them?)

- there is a lawyer who handles these kind of applications- he is very effective, as some people who used his services say, but will cost some money for you. Send me an Email if you need his services.
i hope i helped a bit...
Stay optimistic, given your evidence is strong, but act quickly, son leave anything to chance !!!
Best of luck,
Vasileios

Last edited by Vasileios; Aug 22nd 2017 at 4:57 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 6:53 pm
YDS
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vasileios
Hi there,
I believe that when they take the file, they have a look at the age of the children, and if the 18 th birth day is very close,they expeditate by themselves the whole process. So, if your evidence is plenty enough, persuasive and accurate you will get an interview.
In the mean time
- try to get in to touch with phoenix and tell them how urgent your situation is. They will not give you the uscis office telephone or email, but: ask for an office/ a superior of the telephone representative to speak with, in order to explain the situation and make him make a telephone/ send an Email to the uscis office, in which he will ask for expeditate service.
- find form the uscis webpage the postal address of the uscis office you applied to, and send them by courrier a very kind letter,in which you explain your circumstances, and ask for an expeditate sevice.
-which office you applied to? May be from this forum you can get the email address of the office, if somebody has applied to in the past.
- if you are pretty sure about your evidence, go by your self and your son to the states, visit the uscis office, and ask them in person to handle you situation urgent my and interview your son. Allow about a week for this option. It is risky, but will press the process.( by the way what kind of evidence you send to them?)

- there is a lawyer who handles these kind of applications- he is very effective, as some people who used his services say, but will cost some money for you. Send me an Email if you need his services.
i hope i helped a bit...
Stay optimistic, given your evidence is strong, but act quickly, son leave anything to chance !!!
Best of luck,
Vasileios
Thank you Vasileios, very helpful!! We asked for NYC field office, perhaps if someone happened to come across email of superior in that office and could share it would be great. Otherwise the plan would be to try Infopass as soon as we get case number from Phoenix and beg field office to expedite the case given the age. Thank you!!
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI, our congresswoman had to inform us of the interview date (which had passed) as we never received the email either. The appointment date and time is listed in the letter which is when I would suggest making an INFOpass appt....
Old Oct 6th 2017, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi to all, as our interview date in boston field office is in about 2.5 months, can anyone share his experience with this office? kind of questions they asked, situation of interview, etc.. Should we apply for ssn whole in usa, or do this through the embassy in greece?
Many thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.