Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:22 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes - but your brother isn't the one making the application. And in Part 5 it says: "In cases where the US citizen parent died in the preceding 5 years, and Form N-600K has been properly filed on behalf of the child by the US citizen grandparent or by the US citizen legal guardian, the child does NOT have to be residing in the legal and physical custody of the person..."
I agree with Ian. Your USC mother is applying on behalf of her grandchild because her USC son (child's father) is dead. But the child does not have to live with her either....

As far as I can tell, you don't have to worry about who the child is living with... ONLY that that person doesn't oppose applying for the N600K, or oppose USC for the child (the possible outcome of applying)....

In Part A of Chapter 5 (General Requirements INA 322), these are the requirements:

•The child has at least one U.S. citizen parent by birth or through naturalization, (including an adoptive parent); [3]

•The child’s U.S. citizen parent or citizen grandparent meets certain physical presence requirements in the United States or an outlying possession; [4]

•The child is under 18 years of age;

•The child is residing outside of the United States in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent, or of a person who does not object to the application if the U.S. citizen parent is deceased; and

•The child is lawfully admitted, physically present, and maintaining a lawful status in the United States at the time the application is approved and the time of naturalization.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...tml#footnote-3

Last edited by WEBlue; Jul 11th 2017 at 12:40 am.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WEBlue
I agree with Ian. Your USC mother is applying on behalf of her grandchild because her USC son (child's father) is dead.

In Part A of Chapter 5 (General Requirements for N600K), these are the requirements:

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...tml#footnote-3
Hi, I know my mother doesn't have to be in custody of children or live with them, my concerns was because my brother while alive never had physical or legal custody and was residing in the U.S , I was wondering in things I posted before if that could become an issue that's all, probably it will not.

On the other hand, the way I interpreted Ian's post was that N-600k doesn't require legal and physical custody at all, that's why I said it does, that it's there in the general requirements, I'm going to guess no he was refering in my particular case in specific.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:12 am
Just Joined

SalvoUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vasileios
Congratulations! Bravo!!
Our appointment is in a couple of months, late december in the boston field office... I will give upadates.
Hello .... made it; make an infopass go in USA and my sons are US Citizens
Ciao
Old Jul 25th 2017, 3:18 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SalvoUSA
Hello .... made it; make an infopass go in USA and my sons are US Citizens
Ciao
Congratulations, Salvo!! I'm so glad your sons were successful!

If I'm reading your previous posts correctly, you applied for your sons in June of 2016...? So their case(s) took about one year for resolution?

Must be a huge relief to you!
Old Jul 25th 2017, 3:46 am
Just Joined

texpat is an unknown quantity at this point

If I'm reading your previous posts correctly, you applied for your sons in June of 2016...? So their case(s) took about one year for resolution?

Officially applied September 2016
Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

My Form was June 2016.
I take an appointment my self and go to the states with all my family ... They did not expect me to go ... fortunately I did not follow the advice of some people.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

texpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Woops, had the notification to my phone and see @WEBlue wasn't replying to me but instead to Salvo! Sorry about the mixup and replying when it wasn't my case being asked about.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 12:43 am
Under blue skies

My Form was June 2016.
I take an appointment my self and go to the states with all my family ... They did not expect me to go ... fortunately I did not follow the advice of some people.
Salvo, you made that appointment because you were worried about not hearing anything about your application for so long?? Was it 8 months?

What happened at that appointment when your family showed up at the USCIS office? Did they have your application approved by then?
Old Jul 26th 2017, 12:43 am
Under blue skies

Originally Posted by texpat
Woops, had the notification to my phone and see @WEBlue wasn't replying to me but instead to Salvo! Sorry about the mixup and replying when it wasn't my case being asked about.
No worries, Texpat! I understood you were answering for your case....
Old Jul 26th 2017, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

linemwill is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone,
I've been reading this forum for a few months now and found some very helpful information for my applications!
To sum things up, I'm French and American through my mom but lived my whole life in France. I filled out N600K applications for both my sons, based on my mother living in the States till she was 25. I chose the Boston Field Office as we have an up coming family trip there in August for my cousin's wedding (yeah !).
I submitted my applications in late february, 2017 and they were received in Boston in early March.
In middle June I was excited to get an email from the Boston Office, stating my cases were ready for interview.They asked me for available dates to schedule the interview within 90 days. I replied immediately with our available dates at the the end of August.
Sadly, I haven't heard anything from them since. I was hoping the Interview Scheduling Process would be faster... Now that I have a specific email address to reach the Boston Field Office, I even tried to send them an email 2 weeks ago to ask about the process and ask when they think they might be able to get back to me on the interview date.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Vasileios, a question for you :
I saw you went through the Boston Office and you did the Interview Schedule Process around March. How long did it take in your case for them to get back to you on the interview date ?

If I don't hear anything from them till my trip to Boston,I guess I will try to make an InfoPass appointment during my time overthere, to try at least to get an Interview date. And who nows, maybe with a load of good luck, things will happen as they did for SalvoUSA ! :-)
Old Jul 27th 2017, 12:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linemwill
I replied immediately with our available dates at the the end of August.

Sadly, I haven't heard anything from them since.
These two statements seem to point to the answer! They likely won't contact you until closer to the end of August.

Ian
Old Jul 27th 2017, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks Ian for such a quick reply to my post :-) If I haven't said so enough already,this forum is really filled with nice and helpful people !

I guess you're right, or at least I hope you're right and that I will hear from the Boston Office as my trip to Boston approaches. As I gave a 11 day-period for my availability, I was hoping a feed back from them in order to organize my trip (we're landing in Boston, than have to go to New Hampshire and Vermont during our stay).

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for everything to turn out just fine ! :-)
As other members traditionnaly do, I will keep you posted on any updates on my case.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Salvo, you made that appointment because you were worried about not hearing anything about your application for so long?? Was it 8 months?

What happened at that appointment when your family showed up at the USCIS office? Did they have your application approved by then?
They ask me if we was in vacation, i say no i was there for then ...... immitialy the supervison came at the desk and say that she send me an email .... i did't revice it ...... ( i did't ask when she send me the amail)
And not sure if they can make the inteview that same day .... when i hear interview i was sure about the citizenship .... that same day we have the interview and certificates ...... VERY lucky !!!
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:40 am
Under blue skies

They ask me if we was in vacation, i say no i was there for then ...... immitialy the supervison came at the desk and say that she send me an email .... i did't revice it ...... ( i did't ask when she send me the amail)
And not sure if they can make the inteview that same day .... when i hear interview i was sure about the citizenship .... that same day we have the interview and certificates ...... VERY lucky !!!
Wow! Pretty interesting... especially that 'missing' email the supervisor mentioned.... hmm.

So you made an Infopass appointment? And at the time you made the appointment, you had no information as to whether your application had been approved...or denied...or maybe just forgotten in a pile of paperwork on someone's desk??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.