Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Mar 8th 2017, 1:41 am
Just Joined

Viola92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Ups? Sorry I was confusing. I want to use my mother to apply for citizenship for my kids. Whoust file and sign the application, myself ory mother? Is it box one or three of part 1 of N600K that I have to click? Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Viola92
I want to use my mother to apply for citizenship for my kids.
Ah... well, that's doable!

Whoust file and sign the application, myself ory mother? Is it box one or three of part 1 of N600K that I have to click?
Check box #3. The children are qualifying on the basis of their USC grandparent. Your mother should sign and date the form. Indeed, all the information should be based on your mother... not you!

Ian
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
As Ian says, you sign the application.
That's not actually what I said. Am I wrong?

Ian
Old Mar 8th 2017, 1:03 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
That's not actually what I said. Am I wrong?

Ian
Ooops!

(Too early!)
Old Mar 8th 2017, 5:00 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Check box #3. The children are qualifying on the basis of their USC grandparent. Your mother should sign and date the form. Indeed, all the information should be based on your mother... not you!

Ian
OK, now that I've have several cups of strong tea under my belt, I'm trying to understand this exchange.

My feeling is that the USC parent (if alive of course) always applies on behalf of the child in question. If the USC parent does not have adequate residence time in the USA (5 years total with 2 of those years after age 14) then the residence time of the USC parent of the parent is used to qualify. (I.e.--the child's grandparent's residence years.)

But if the USC parent is alive, he or she always fills out the application for the child, not the USC grandparent.....

I base this 'feeling' on the Instructions for Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322, especially #3 below:

This application should not be filed:
1. If the child has already acquired citizenship automatically under INA sections 301, 309, 320 or on or before February 27, 2001, under the repealed INA section 321;
2. By a U.S. citizen whose only relationship to the child, is as a step-parent;
3. By any person other than a U.S. citizen parent of the child, unless that parent has died;
4. By any person once the child is over the age of 18;
5. If the purpose is to replace a lost or stolen certificate. Please refer to Form N-565, Application for Replacement
Naturalization/Citizenship Document, for information to replace a lost or stolen certificate; or
6. If USCIS denied a previously filed Form N-600K. USCIS will reject a newly filed Form N-600K. Review the
Form N-600K denial notice for more information.
https://www.uscis.gov/n-600k

IMO, the grandparent would only file the application for the child (& sign the application) if the parent were dead.

Last edited by WEBlue; Mar 8th 2017 at 5:15 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by WEBlue
But if the USC parent is alive, he or she always fills out the application for the child, not the USC grandparent.
Ah - well then, I was wrong and you were correct. My bad! Sorry for the confusion!

Ian
Old Mar 9th 2017, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

SalvoUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone again, today I read many of your posts on the forum, many of you have done everything in 5/6 months from the date of arrival documents to the oath.
As I told you on earlier post, my receipt is from the end of June, yesterday there was the upgrade of the processing time on March 8 2017, that says that the Local Office, have arrived at the July 13, very close after my date.
Today I call 1-800 ..... first an automated voice tell me that they are renovating the telephone service, then I enter the reciept number typing it on the phone and the voice tells me that my case N-600K was in process.
Then at the end of the voice, he tells me that if there are problems press 3 to speak to an operator, but I unplugged.
I think I sent to the USCIS good evidence and documents.

Do you think I was wrong, I had to press the 3 key and speak with an operator USCIS ??

Last edited by SalvoUSA; Mar 9th 2017 at 5:31 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SalvoUSA
Then at the end of the voice, he tells me that if there are problems press 3 to speak to an operator, but I unplugged.
If you wanted to speak to someone, why did you hang up? You're the only one who can say whether or not it was wrong to do so.

I think I sent to the USCIS good evidence and documents.
Good - then I don't understand why you're so anxious! This is not a life or death situation.

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2017, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Salvo, be optimistic- things will to ok for your applications!!
Old Mar 11th 2017, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

texpat is an unknown quantity at this point

So while I was in Dallas recently, I took the opportunity to gather my additional evidence and submit it by post.

My post of additional information would have arrived on a Friday. I now have in hands a letter, dated only 5 days after receipt of additional information, from the Dallas Field Office inviting me and the children for the issuance of the certificates of citizenship and naturalization!

This confirms that once an application is being processed, that any additional information submitted is looked at and considered quite quickly (given receipt was a Friday, this means they probably considered the additional information in the course of 2 days and then issued the letter).

I will have to reschedule my appointment as they gave a date and time where I am not able to travel due to a prior commitment and the children will be regularly enrolled in the school term here in the UK.

But this is such a relief! (and confirms: read the instructions, follow the rules, do what they ask, and the outcome you seek is fully within your control)

Originally Posted by texpat
I've heard back from the Dallas Field office via postal correspondence. They are requesting additional documentation in my case, which I'm not overly surprised about.

Even though I'd already included long form adoption certificates (which serve as equivalent of a birth certificate), they are requesting the long firm birth certificates. I guess this is the ones with the birth parents' names on, which is somewhat strange, given the birth parents are not American and do not factor into this application.

They are also requesting more detailed physical presence proof, which is fine.

So things are moving, just got to get over these additional steps and hopefully all is fine!

Last edited by texpat; Mar 11th 2017 at 3:51 pm. Reason: clarify timelines
Old Mar 11th 2017, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

So while I was in Dallas recently, I took the opportunity to gather my additional evidence and submit it by post.

My post of additional information would have arrived on a Friday. I now have in hands a letter, dated only 5 days after receipt of additional information, from the Dallas Field Office inviting me and the children for the issuance of the certificates of citizenship and naturalization!

This confirms that once an application is being processed, that any additional information submitted is looked at and considered quite quickly (given receipt was a Friday, this means they probably considered the additional information in the course of 2 days and then issued the letter).

I will have to reschedule my appointment as they gave a date and time where I am not able to travel due to a prior commitment and the children will be regularly enrolled in the school term here in the UK.

But this is such a relief! (and confirms: read the instructions, follow the rules, do what they ask, and the outcome you seek is fully within your control)
Excellent news! Bravo, congratulations!
By the way, now far along from today did you schedule the interview? I can imagine now happy you are for the outcome, because i experience the dame feelings for my applications.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 2:06 pm
Under blue skies

Wonderful to hear this news, Texpat!! I'm so glad your waiting is over.

Please do let us know how the interview goes....
Old Apr 11th 2017, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

texpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a small update for all: I was in Dallas again and scheduled an InfoPass appointment to go into the Field Office in person. There I met some very helpful staff who helped me reschedule my appointment so I can attend in person with my children without taking them out of UK school during term time.

It was mentioned to me that scheduling the InfoPass to come in person was absolutely the right decision given I was a bit unsure as to how the process would work from here. They confirmed my children do need to be seen in person and asked me to be sure I'm there on the re-scheduled day as the certificates of naturalization are prepared in advance (good sign, it sounds like it's only a formality now).

I'll have another update in a couple of months!

Old Apr 11th 2017, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome!
Old Apr 11th 2017, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ok,please tell us textpat about the appointment- mine is in late december!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.