Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Jan 27th 2017, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

joannon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Wow I wish I had got started on this a few weeks earlier, fees are now 1170 USD as Dec 23rd 2016!
Old Jan 29th 2017, 7:10 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joannon
Wow I wish I had got started on this a few weeks earlier, fees are now 1170 USD as Dec 23rd 2016!
Oh terrific! I've got to talk to my daughter about this again. I think this'll be the second price increase since since we've started considering this.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

texpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard back from the Dallas Field office via postal correspondence. They are requesting additional documentation in my case, which I'm not overly surprised about.

Even though I'd already included long form adoption certificates (which serve as equivalent of a birth certificate), they are requesting the long firm birth certificates. I guess this is the ones with the birth parents' names on, which is somewhat strange, given the birth parents are not American and do not factor into this application.

They are also requesting more detailed physical presence proof, which is fine.

So things are moving, just got to get over these additional steps and hopefully all is fine!

Last edited by texpat; Jan 29th 2017 at 11:45 pm. Reason: removed some identifying information
Old Jan 30th 2017, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Were your children adopted in the UK? I don't have experience with adoption process in the UK but do know it in the US and have dealt with USCIS asking for documentation that is not available in the birth country.

In the US you get an adoption certificate and a new birth certificate. So they are expecting the same for you. Explain that in the UK the adoption cert is the birth cert and if you can print off anything official from a government website explaining what is issued at adoption that would help.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 2:34 am
Just Joined

texpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, the adoption was a domestic UK adoption and the children are UK citizens and have only ever lived in the UK.

I included a detailed cover letter with a numbered list of items corresponding to each document I included and already pointed out that in the UK, the "Certified Copy of an Entry" (UK calls this a long form) is the equivalent of a Birth Certificate. Nevermind that this document, which I already included, has both of our (US Citizen parents') names on it! I did also include a "short form" birth certificate, literally called "Certificate of Birth", which doesn't have parents' names on. I thought I was being thorough, but obviously not enough.

I'll deal with it in stride, it's all part of the process, and thank you for your reply.

Originally Posted by gad33
Were your children adopted in the UK? I don't have experience with adoption process in the UK but do know it in the US and have dealt with USCIS asking for documentation that is not available in the birth country.

In the US you get an adoption certificate and a new birth certificate. So they are expecting the same for you. Explain that in the UK the adoption cert is the birth cert and if you can print off anything official from a government website explaining what is issued at adoption that would help.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

Very unfortunate, but a request for more info is better than an denial We submitted the same paperwork and documents twice, explaining in more detail. USCIS also stated that my nephew was already in the US, which he was not. Had to tell them they are wrong in the most cordial way. Anyway, you know they have your application and are processing, so that's good news.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by texpat
I've heard back from the Dallas Field office via postal correspondence. They are requesting additional documentation in my case, which I'm not overly surprised about.

Even though I'd already included long form adoption certificates (which serve as equivalent of a birth certificate), they are requesting the long firm birth certificates. I guess this is the ones with the birth parents' names on, which is somewhat strange, given the birth parents are not American and do not factor into this application.

So things are moving, just got to get over these additional steps and hopefully all is fine!

Hi textpat! Its good to knowthat your application is moving! I hope things will to fine with your case! Please tell me, if you can:
What kind of evidence did you include to prove the requested 5year physcal presence?
I am getting pretty anxious, i assume that the boston field office will at some point in february review my applications for my two kids....
I wish to you the best, get the paperwork they ask for, and stay optimstic!!!
Vasileios
Old Jan 30th 2017, 5:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vasileios
What kind of evidence did you include to prove the requested 5year physcal presence?
Their situation is a lot different from yours. Both parents are USCs who lived in the US for 30+ years before moving to the UK. They have now adopted 2 children and are getting citizenship for the children. The information they provided will be quite different from what you provided.

Ian
Old Jan 30th 2017, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Their situation is a lot different from yours. Both parents are USCs who lived in the US for 30+ years before moving to the UK. They have now adopted 2 children and are getting citizenship for the children. The information they provided will be quite different from what you provided.

Ian
Ok, i didn t know this. Many thank.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 6:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vasileios
Ok, i didn t know this. Many thank.
If you click on someone's name, you can choose to read their prior posts.

Ian
Old Feb 5th 2017, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

I know it was a different circumstance and different visa application but just an example of what USCIS is like:-

I was with a Canadian at a USCIS office (I was there for moral support) and the officer asked for her long form birth certificate, she replied you have it there, the officer said not this one I need your long form birth certificate, the applicant again said that is what you have and the officer replied etc etc etc. In the end I said to the applicant don't worry we'll deal with it later. On the letter of outstanding items the officer gave us was long form birth certificate. The Province the applicant was born in the short form and long form birth certificates are identical in size but the long form has more information. So I printed off the samples from the Province's website and sent them and told them they'd already seen the long form birth certificate. Who ever reviewed the file must have had a bit of sense because it was accepted without further question.

As I said I know it is different from your case but is an example of officers not knowing what they are looking at and making snap judgements.

Yes, the adoption was a domestic UK adoption and the children are UK citizens and have only ever lived in the UK.

I included a detailed cover letter with a numbered list of items corresponding to each document I included and already pointed out that in the UK, the "Certified Copy of an Entry" (UK calls this a long form) is the equivalent of a Birth Certificate. Nevermind that this document, which I already included, has both of our (US Citizen parents') names on it! I did also include a "short form" birth certificate, literally called "Certificate of Birth", which doesn't have parents' names on. I thought I was being thorough, but obviously not enough.

I'll deal with it in stride, it's all part of the process, and thank you for your reply.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 5:34 am
Just Joined

SalvoUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello to all, Vasileios you're here too ahahahahahaha, we contacted on various sites for some time for N600K Form.
I'm seeing that this is the most active forum on N600K, my practice dates back to June 25, 2016, I'm waiting, the USCIS office processing time say they were arrived at July 3, 2016, but I have no news. The office is in Philadelphia.
Hopefully, I am calm, I think they will search other documents, I hope not, but I forgot to put the children's school report, we'll see. Bye
Old Feb 16th 2017, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

SalvoUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, sorry but I wanted to disturb you, I read that the USCIS have written via postal correspondence, but by email or on your "Case Status" does not have anything written to you?
I was terrified that I did not get the letter.
Then you have to sent other documents via postal correspondence at Dallas Field Office ??
I have no news from my office from 8 months.
I wanted to send other evidence in advance myself, I forgot to send school reports, what you say that's wrong ??
You had to write on the envelope over only there address or something else ??
Thank's again to all. bye
Old Feb 17th 2017, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

If it's been 8 months I would call them to check the status.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
you can submit a case inquiry at the above link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.