Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Oct 19th 2016, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by jmpowell
You did receive the receipt? Website says not to contact them until 6 months have passed.....so....it depends on the person processing and where the package is in the pile I suspect. Once I contacted my congressman after 6 months, we were contacted by USCIS within a month. I hope you don't have to go that route though. I'd say give them at least 3 months before you start worrying....
Thank you for replying! No, I have not received the receipt, only the case numbers by email, as I had filed the e notification form. I have no congressman in the usa, so in case my applications stay in a uscis shelf for a number of months, I do not have someone to press for my cases. Any way, I suppose the only thing I can do is wait, to cross my fingers and hope my packages will not be lost and will be in good hands!
Old Oct 19th 2016, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes....that's fine. You have a case number which shows they've received your applications. Others have not had the issues we did and their applications went through quite quickly. I wouldn't worry yet.....there may have been a lack of training in the N600K process in the office we selected.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 10:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gad33
unless he or she plans on running for President of the US.
In the absence of anything to the contrary, the term "he" is correct. People use "he or she" because it makes them feel good and inclusive and they think it's proper usage... but it's not.

Ian
Old Oct 20th 2016, 9:16 am
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The interview was his opportunity to assert that he was a USC from birth. If it's demonstrated that he was, in fact, a USC at birth, then the certificate should reflect that, yes... and not the date of the interview - which was ancillary to the process. In the grand scheme of things though, it doesn't matter one iota - unless he plans on running for President of the US.

Ian
Citizenship under INA 322 (N-600K) is by always naturalization, obtained after birth. You are not eligible to apply for citizenship under INA 322 if you acquired citizenship at birth.
Old Oct 21st 2016, 1:16 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamercon
Citizenship under INA 322 (N-600K) is by always naturalization, obtained after birth. You are not eligible to apply for citizenship under INA 322 if you acquired citizenship at birth.
But the question is--once granted, IS the effective date of this naturalization the birth date of the baby/child?
Old Oct 24th 2016, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Our certificate shows the date of the appointment.....not the date of birth.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 4:10 am
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
But the question is--once granted, IS the effective date of this naturalization the birth date of the baby/child?
Naturalization is effective from the date of the oath. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called naturalization - naturalization is defined as the conferral of citizenship after birth.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmpowell
Our certificate shows the date of the appointment.....not the date of birth.
Thanks for replying.

We were told that the children were citizens from their date of birth but you never know with immigration if you are being given the correct information.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vasileios
Hi to all, my applications were received by uscis in 09/16/2016, but still no news. According to your experience, when should I expect to hear from them?
Many thanks,
Vasileios
Ours took about three months. The problem was that interview date was 2 weeks after date of letter. So no time to organise time off work and flights etc.

Which office did you put for processing?
Old Oct 25th 2016, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

texpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by texpat
I have received email notification that each of my cases has been received on 29 September 2016. I sent them regular (non-priority) mail from the UK on 13 September 2016, so in all about 10 business days to get to them and be processed.

I sent both applications in one envelope, organised into their own folders and received two case numbers. The notifications for each came within 10 minutes of each other.
I have received automated notifications today 26 Oct 2016, at 8:30pm Central US time, that "Case Was Received At My Local Office". I have 2 applications in progress and notifications were sent through for both, so now both sit with the Dallas Field Office! So this is just under 1 month from official original receipt at the lock box until the next step.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Looks like you picked the right office That's great news!
Old Oct 26th 2016, 12:53 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

I have received automated notifications today 26 Oct 2016, at 8:30pm Central US time, that "Case Was Received At My Local Office". I have 2 applications in progress and notifications were sent through for both, so now both sit with the Dallas Field Office! So this is just under 1 month from official original receipt at the lock box until the next step.
That sounds good, Texpat, but I'm confused.... You posted on 1st October that you received an email saying the applications had been received 29 September. I think that post is on page 14 of this thread. At that time you received the case numbers for the (two) applications.

So this is the second email? Does this mean that the cases are now actually being processed by an agent (which didn't begin 29 Sept.)??
Old Oct 26th 2016, 12:55 am
Just Joined

texpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WEBlue
So this is the second email? Does this mean that the cases are now actually being processed by an agent (which didn't begin 29 Sept.)??
Correct. Sept 29 was the original "we received your items". This notification was that the items have been processed at the lock box and have now been received by the Local Field Office (Dallas in my case).
Old Oct 26th 2016, 10:23 am
Under blue skies

Correct. Sept 29 was the original "we received your items". This notification was that the items have been processed at the lock box and have now been received by the Local Field Office (Dallas in my case).
OK, gotcha. I'd forgotten about the lock box.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all,
Today I checked the online status of my applications, and the screen showed that my applications were received in the local field office ( I chose boston, because I was born there, and my father, us citizen by naturalization, lived there for about 13 years...).
- the applications were received in Phoenix lockbox 09/14/2016
- the applications were received in the local office boston 10/14/2016.

What next? A) Are they going through the papers/ documents I sent to them, or
B) to take the more optimistic view, the thorough and preliminary examination was made in Phoenix, and afterwards the applications were processed to the local office, in order to invite due for the interview? ( I hope the second!!!)
Many thanks to all,
Vasileios

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.