Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Sep 20th 2016, 8:37 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Vasileios
Many thanks! I will keep you informed about the progress of my applications.
Great to hear you finally received the notice of receipt, Vasileios!

Please do let us know how things go with your application. It will be a help to all of us following this thread.... Good luck!!!!

Last edited by WEBlue; Sep 20th 2016 at 9:30 am.
Old Sep 30th 2016, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

texpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by texpat
Yes, I filled a Form G-1145 (one in each child's application folder) with both phone number and email address. The instructions on G-1145 state if you reside overseas, you will only receive an email. However, I do have a domestic US mobile phone number that receives text messages, so I listed it. We'll see if any notification comes. I've already signed up for an account on USCIS website and am just awaiting Case #s to log into the system for me to track.
I have received email notification that each of my cases has been received on 29 September 2016. I sent them regular (non-priority) mail from the UK on 13 September 2016, so in all about 10 business days to get to them and be processed.

I sent both applications in one envelope, organised into their own folders and received two case numbers. The notifications for each came within 10 minutes of each other.

Last edited by texpat; Sep 30th 2016 at 9:23 pm. Reason: added detail on having been assigned 2x case #s
Old Oct 1st 2016, 8:20 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by texpat
I have received email notification that each of my cases has been received on 29 September 2016. I sent them regular (non-priority) mail from the UK on 13 September 2016, so in all about 10 business days to get to them and be processed.

I sent both applications in one envelope, organised into their own folders and received two case numbers. The notifications for each came within 10 minutes of each other.
Good to hear that your applications are now officially in the processing pipeline, Texpat. Best of luck that you hear something positive in reasonable time!
Old Oct 12th 2016, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

He has his citizenship!!! We were a little nervous going in, they sent us to the 1st, then 3rd, then back to the first floor. Very informal. My nephew was called up to the window a couple of times, then they printed his certificate and gave the oath. He received a packet with a flag, passport and SSN application, and a letter from Obama congratulating him. My sister, Michaels mother, was not asked anything! They did not ask to see her passport or any other documents. I had honestly thought they would want to see them, as they received copies in the application. They didn't ask her one question. We've already applied for his SSN and he should receive that in a few weeks. All done after two and a half years! My recommendation is not to select the MN office Good luck to the rest of you!!!
Old Oct 12th 2016, 2:55 am
Under blue skies

Originally Posted by jmpowell
He has his citizenship!!! We were a little nervous going in, they sent us to the 1st, then 3rd, then back to the first floor. Very informal. My nephew was called up to the window a couple of times, then they printed his certificate and gave the oath. He received a packet with a flag, passport and SSN application, and a letter from Obama congratulating him. My sister, Michaels mother, was not asked anything! They did not ask to see her passport or any other documents. I had honestly thought they would want to see them, as they received copies in the application. They didn't ask her one question. We've already applied for his SSN and he should receive that in a few weeks. All done after two and a half years! My recommendation is not to select the MN office Good luck to the rest of you!!!
Terrific!!!! So glad to hear this. After all your sister & nephew have been through, this must be a great relief!

Can you refresh my memory on how long it's been since you (or your sister, rather) lodged the original N600K application, Jmpowell? Was it late in 2014? (Which would mean it's taken nearly 2 years in all??)
Old Oct 12th 2016, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

December 2014....again, I feel it was that the office was not familiar on the process. It languished for a while, and then they didn't (imo) read the explanation. We had to send additional explanations....and had our congressional office assist.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 4:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

He has his citizenship!
Great news! Congratulations.

Ian
Old Oct 14th 2016, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question, because, as usual, conflicting information given bu USCIS. With the 600Ks is the date of obtaining citizenship the date of the interview or the date of birth of the child?
Old Oct 14th 2016, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Yes....interview date you will receive the certificate.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I was trying to ask was the actual date of being given citizenship. ie the date of becoming a citizen. Is the date of becoming a citizen under the 600K process the same date as the interview or the date of birth of the child?
Old Oct 15th 2016, 10:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gad33
Is the date of becoming a citizen under the 600K process the same date as the interview or the date of birth of the child?
The interview was his opportunity to assert that he was a USC from birth. If it's demonstrated that he was, in fact, a USC at birth, then the certificate should reflect that, yes... and not the date of the interview - which was ancillary to the process. In the grand scheme of things though, it doesn't matter one iota - unless he plans on running for President of the US.

Ian
Old Oct 18th 2016, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!! A long period of waiting and agony reached the end with the best result!
Old Oct 19th 2016, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The interview was his opportunity to assert that he was a USC from birth. If it's demonstrated that he was, in fact, a USC at birth, then the certificate should reflect that, yes... and not the date of the interview - which was ancillary to the process. In the grand scheme of things though, it doesn't matter one iota - unless he plans on running for President of the US.

Ian
unless he or she plans on running for President of the US.

That's what I thought. It was such a pain getting the actual certificates I wonder if it is worth getting them corrected.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all, my applications were received by uscis in 09/16/2016, but still no news. According to your experience, when should I expect to hear from them?
Many thanks,
Vasileios
Old Oct 19th 2016, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

You did receive the receipt? Website says not to contact them until 6 months have passed.....so....it depends on the person processing and where the package is in the pile I suspect. Once I contacted my congressman after 6 months, we were contacted by USCIS within a month. I hope you don't have to go that route though. I'd say give them at least 3 months before you start worrying....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.