Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Jul 13th 2016, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

One package per child. Do not be surprised if one gets approved before the other.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, thanks- I hope with my evidence things will go ok,and kids will get certificates of citizenship!
Old Jul 13th 2016, 5:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jxv73
One package per child. Do not be surprised if one gets approved before the other.
Yes, I agree... one package per child.

Ian
Old Jul 14th 2016, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Vasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond reputeVasileios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The death report is good so include it... but it doesn't matter that he was a US citizen when he died. That is irrelevant - the only part that's important is how long he lived in the US after he naturalized.

I think you have a comprehensive package. Good luck with the application.

Ian
Dear Ian, many thanks again. Why do you say that the only thing that matters is how long he lived in the usa after his naturalization? I think that they count all the years of physical presence in the usa, even if for some of them he was not a us citizen. For example:
My father arrived in May 1966- naturalized in 1976- left the usa in August 1977. So the years of residency are in total about 11..., only two of them being a us citizen. Is there a problem I have not noticed? Please clarify it to me! Thanks again, Vasileios
Old Jul 14th 2016, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Something else:
1. I managed to get a friend of mine to write a cashier's cheque. Will it satisfy uscis, or they need a simple check, or a money order? I believe that, since the cashier's check is guaranteed by the bank's funds, they will gladly accept it...
2. The cashiers cheque will be from a credit union ( nih, national institute of health- you see my friend is a doctor in Washington, D.C. and has an account there). I believe that it is ok for uscis....What do you believe?

Ian, thanks in advance!
Vasileios
Old Jul 15th 2016, 12:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vasileios
I think that they count all the years of physical presence in the usa, even if for some of them he was not a us citizen.
As I wrote "the only part that's important is how long he lived in the US after he naturalized." Note the word: after!

I managed to get a friend of mine to write a cashier's cheque.
I have already given you my thoughts on this! Asking similar questions again doesn't change my response. As I wrote 2.5 weeks ago, "you're going to have to figure this one out on your own."

Ian
Old Jul 15th 2016, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks, I hope it will go ok,
One thing remains: I want to apply for my two children, so what option is better:
A. 2 applications and one folder with the evidence, or
B. 2 applications, and two senate folders?
Many thanks in advance!
Vasileios
We applied for two children, applications were sent together with one set of evidence. The applications were dealt with together.

But knowing the government it wouldn't surprise me if cases were separated.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=ian-mstm;12003247]As I wrote "the only part that's important is how long he lived in the US after he naturalized." Note the word: after!

I have already given you my thoughts on this! Asking similar questions again doesn't change my response. As I wrote 2.5 weeks ago, "you're going to have to figure this one out on your own."

Ian[/QUOTE
Hi Ian, and thanks again for your help. I would like to ask you why it is so important " how long he lived in the usa after he naturalized".
I think that they count the physical presence in the usa from the time the immigrant arrives( as shown in green card, passport, etc), until the time he leaves. For example:
Some one arrives as an immigrant with a visa in 2000. He works there, and after 10 years he naturalized as a usa citizen... For various reasons, in 2011, he decides to leave the usa( or even in 2011, he dies). So, do his grandchildren via their usa parent, have the right to claim citizenship through the grandfather? Thanks again!
Vasileios
I contacted uscis in their office in Athens, Greece and I was told that they count every day from the time one person is legally/lawfully admitted in the usa, and the time when the immigrant naturalizes is not an issue, as far as he is , and can prove his us citizenship.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

jmpowell is an unknown quantity at this point

In filing the N600-K, it states "The parent's or grandparent's five years in the US need not be limited to when the parent/grandparent was a US citizen. According to the USCIS Policy Manual: "A parent’s physical presence is calculated in the aggregate and includes time accrued in the United States during periods when the parent was not a U.S. citizen."
Old Jul 19th 2016, 8:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jmpowell
In filing the N600-K, it states "The parent's or grandparent's five years in the US need not be limited to when the parent/grandparent was a US citizen. According to the USCIS Policy Manual: "A parent’s physical presence is calculated in the aggregate and includes time accrued in the United States during periods when the parent was not a U.S. citizen."
Ah, that's good to know. Apparently, I was wrong - apologies to all for my error.

Ian
Old Jul 19th 2016, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Ah, that's good to know. Apparently, I was wrong - apologies to all for my error.

Ian
No need to apologize! You are always a valuable source of help and information!
Vasileios
Old Jul 28th 2016, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

CA.dreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone help me, please.
If the qualifying grandparent is deceased, can USC (but unqualified) parents file for USC for their children?
Also, I read somewhere that the qualifying grandparent may be living or deceased at the time of the adjudication of the application and the taking of the Oath.
Does anyone know if this is still true? Thanks!
Old Jul 28th 2016, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CA.dreaming
If the qualifying grandparent is deceased, can USC (but unqualified) parents file for USC for their children?
Also, I read somewhere that the qualifying grandparent may be living or deceased at the time of the adjudication of the application and the taking of the Oath.
Yes, you can apply, whether the qualifying go is dead or alive- yet you have to prove his physical presence in the usa for a minimum of 5 years. Good luck!
Vasileios
Old Jul 28th 2016, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

CA.dreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you can apply, whether the qualifying go is dead or alive- yet you have to prove his physical presence in the usa for a minimum of 5 years. Good luck!
Vasileios
Vasileios,
Thank you for your very helpful information!
I'm relieved to know that there isn't much of a hurry. Actually, I am the qualifying grandmother of 6 grandsons (luckily for me, I am not currently deceased, but who knows...). My 3 daughters would like to have more time to save up for the $600 fees, airfares to and from Spain, hotels, etc. etc. I imagine that there is no way to take the oath outside of the U.S., is there? Perhaps in a U.S. embassy?
Also, can a family with 2 or 3 children submit the N600K forms together so that they can, hopefully, avoid having to take more than one trip.
Thanks again!
Old Jul 28th 2016, 11:40 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CA.dreaming
Yes, I agree with Vasileios, death of the USC grandparent does not change the fact that his/her qualifying residence years in the US will allow USC to be transmitted to the grandchild....

Last edited by WEBlue; Jul 28th 2016 at 11:55 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.