Anyone done N600K recently?

Old Aug 13th 2018, 2:26 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by Zaineb
i can also send in my passport and certificate of citizenship plus i can get my transcripts for elemntary school and middle school

Is that to little evidence, and as for the form im going to be filling it out but the granparent will be passing on citizenship, does the granparent need to come for the interview?

I would not send in transcripts of your school years -- your US residence years are not sufficient, and it's your USC parent's US residence years that are the important ones. You'll fill out Part 4 "Information about the
Child's Qualifying US Citizen Grandparent" with your parent's information. Then you'll fill out Part 5, again for the child's grandparent (not yourself), and include the copies of all evidence for your parent (not you) that you have which are listed in the Adobe document "Instructions for Form N-600K (PDF, 254KB)".

Since you are applying for the N-600K on behalf of your child, using the qualifying US residence years of your USC parent, all three of you may be required to attend the interview. This is what the Adobe Instructions document says:

NOTE: USCIS CANNOT immediately adjudicate the Form N-600K once the application is filed. Processing of Form
N-600K must be completed within the United States. The processing includes: interview of the applicant and qualifying
relative (parent or grandparent) or guardian (if applicable), taking the Oath of Allegiance (required for 14 years of age or
older), and receipt of the Certificate of Citizenship.

Last edited by WEBlue; Aug 13th 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Zaineb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WEBlue
I would not send in transcripts of your school years -- your US residence years are not sufficient, and it's your USC parent's US residence years that are the important ones. You'll fill out Part 4 "Information about the
Child's Qualifying US Citizen Grandparent" with your parent's information. Then you'll fill out Part 5, again for the child's grandparent (not yourself), and include the copies of all evidence for your parent (not you) that you have which are listed in the Adobe document "Instructions for Form N-600K (PDF, 254KB)".

Since you are applying for the N-600K on behalf of your child, using the qualifying US residence years of your USC parent, all three of you may be required to attend the interview. This is what the Adobe Instructions document says:

i agree but since i have so little proof for my parents i just wanted to send in everything i have, for me and my parents do u think the

granparents certificate of citizenship
their old passport and new passport
and ssn statement
drivers liscense
going to be enought. Cuz thats all i have for them, as for the interview so many people are saying the granparent does not have to attend even if the grandparent is passing on citizenship.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

RebeccaS is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead, but I thought I should update in case anyone else was looking for information. I submitted my application (as described above), in July 2018, and requested an appointment in February 2019, assuming that was wildly optimistic. However, I heard back in September 2018 asking me to confirm that the dates were still convenient, and then received a formal appointment letter in October 2018. We attended the interview in the United States earlier this month. It was quick - they asked me to confirm material facts (name, date of birth, addresses, etc.) for myself and my child, went over the evidence I had submitted (but didn't actually check the originals I brought with me), and took copies of her I-94 form and British passport (in order to prove she entered the USA legally). There weren't any questions about ongoing connections to the USA, or anything like that. I signed the oath of citizenship on my daughter's behalf. We then waited about ten minutes and they brought her certificate out to us in the waiting room, where I signed it on her behalf. They also gave her a little flag! All in all it was very easy and the staff were lovely.

I think I got such a quick response because I submitted the application to a smaller satellite office near a large city with a big, busy office. I mainly did that because it was nearer to my extended family, and therefore easier for me to get to while staying with them, but since my understanding is that you can submit your form to any office (since the N-600K is for non-residents), anyone looking for a quick turnaround might want to consider avoiding the major offices. I had good luck and a fast response with a smaller one.

Good luck to anyone else making an application!

ETA - in case the previous poster comes back to check, my mother (the grandparent) drove us to the interview, but waited in the waiting room. The USCIS official who conducted the interview didn't ask to see her, or whether she was there, so no, the US citizen grandparent doesn't have to be there. Regarding your family's documents, social security contributions aren't enough on their own because you still have to pay tax on overseas income sometimes, but combined with their passports - if they clearly show when they were in the country - I think that would be more solid. When I was researching my daughter's application, I did find at least one USCIS office saying that they only accepted passports if no other documentation was available because of the time it takes to verify them.

Last edited by RebeccaS; Feb 21st 2019 at 2:50 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Rebecca for returning with this wonderful news. Congratulations to your daughter on her new US Citizenship. Have you applied for her US Passport yet? She will need it the next time she enters the US as she needs to enter as a US Citizen.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for coming back with your experience it is always helpful to those going through the same process. Interesting that you felt going through a satellite office was a better experience. Ours was a s!*t show from beginning to end. We had to get our Congress person's office involved twice on matters that should have been routine.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 3:56 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RebeccaS
Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead, but I thought I should update in case anyone else was looking for information. I submitted my application (as described above), in July 2018, and requested an appointment in February 2019, assuming that was wildly optimistic. However, I heard back in September 2018 asking me to confirm that the dates were still convenient, and then received a formal appointment letter in October 2018. We attended the interview in the United States earlier this month. It was quick - they asked me to confirm material facts (name, date of birth, addresses, etc.) for myself and my child, went over the evidence I had submitted (but didn't actually check the originals I brought with me), and took copies of her I-94 form and British passport (in order to prove she entered the USA legally). There weren't any questions about ongoing connections to the USA, or anything like that. I signed the oath of citizenship on my daughter's behalf. We then waited about ten minutes and they brought her certificate out to us in the waiting room, where I signed it on her behalf. They also gave her a little flag! All in all it was very easy and the staff were lovely.

I think I got such a quick response because I submitted the application to a smaller satellite office near a large city with a big, busy office. I mainly did that because it was nearer to my extended family, and therefore easier for me to get to while staying with them, but since my understanding is that you can submit your form to any office (since the N-600K is for non-residents), anyone looking for a quick turnaround might want to consider avoiding the major offices. I had good luck and a fast response with a smaller one.

Good luck to anyone else making an application!

ETA - in case the previous poster comes back to check, my mother (the grandparent) drove us to the interview, but waited in the waiting room. The USCIS official who conducted the interview didn't ask to see her, or whether she was there, so no, the US citizen grandparent doesn't have to be there. Regarding your family's documents, social security contributions aren't enough on their own because you still have to pay tax on overseas income sometimes, but combined with their passports - if they clearly show when they were in the country - I think that would be more solid. When I was researching my daughter's application, I did find at least one USCIS office saying that they only accepted passports if no other documentation was available because of the time it takes to verify them.
RebeccaS, thank you so much for posting your success story! It's wonderful to hear that your daughter is now a full-fledged US citizen. And that the whole process took only 6-7 (?) months after sending in the application.

Could I ask you which field office you used? Or if you're not comfortable posting it, which area of the country it's in? I've heard extremely mixed reports of the two possible USCIS offices (both in mid-sized cities) nearest me --as the grandparent whose US residence time would be used in the application….
Old Apr 5th 2019, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Ionelissy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I have 2 questions mainly for those that already attended the interview:

- the 5 year physical presence requirement must be "as a US citizen"?... or it counts regardless of the immigration status?

- does anyone know how long is the waiting time for the USCIS offices in NEW YORK?...any recommendation in or near NY?

Last edited by Ionelissy; Apr 5th 2019 at 6:57 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 3:38 pm
Under blue skies

Originally Posted by Ionelissy
Hi everyone,

- the 5 year physical presence requirement must be "as a US citizen"?... or it counts regardless of the immigration status?

- does anyone know how long is the waiting time for the USCIS offices in NEW YORK?...any recommendation in or near NY?
Hi again, lonelissy - I can't help with your second question, but as far as your first question goes, I've always understood that the qualifying physical presence years must be years when the parent (or grandparent) actually IS a US citizen.... All the language of the N600K application and the N600K instructions seems to back this up.
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...orm/n-600k.pdf
https://www.ilw.com/forms/N-600Kinstructions.pdf

Here's a document from the US Department of State on the different parentages possible for the N600K applicant child:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150907...rn-abroad.html

Last edited by WEBlue; Apr 7th 2019 at 4:05 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ionelissy
Hi everyone,

The parent's physical presence for the purposes of the child acquiring citizenship at birth is physical presence in the US in any status, including as a US citizen, permanent resident, nonimmigrant, or even illegal immigrant. See 8 FAM 301.7-3(B)(a)(2):
Naturalized citizens may count any time they spent in the United States or its outlying possessions both before and after being naturalized, regardless of their status. Even citizens who, prior to lawful entry and naturalization, had spent time in the United States illegally can include that time;
The same is true for physical presence for the INA 322 naturalization process you are applying for. See USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 12, Part H, Chapter 5, section C-1 and C-3:
A parent’s physical presence is calculated in the aggregate and includes time accrued in the United States during periods when the parent was not a U.S. citizen.
Like the citizen parent, a grandparent’s physical presence is calculated in the aggregate and includes time accrued in the United States during periods when the grandparent was not a U.S. citizen.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 5:09 pm
Under blue skies

Red face Re: Anyone done N600K recently?

Originally Posted by newacct
The parent's physical presence for the purposes of the child acquiring citizenship at birth is physical presence in the US in any status, including as a US citizen, permanent resident, nonimmigrant, or even illegal immigrant. See 8 FAM 301.7-3(B)(a)(2):

The same is true for physical presence for the INA 322 naturalization process you are applying for. See USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 12, Part H, Chapter 5, section C-1 and C-3:
Thank you for this information, Newacct! I stand corrected...definitively.

Good to know that any time the USC parent or grandparent spends in the US--under ANY immigration status--will count towards the required 5 years total with two of those years after the age of 14 for the N600K.

Old Jun 1st 2019, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Michele11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just curious does anyone know if the Phoenix AZ lockbox for courier deliveries is open 7 days a week, after a quick goggle search those are the suggested days/hours (Mon-Sun 9-5 p.m)

Thank you
Old Jul 29th 2019, 8:17 am
Just Joined

shyhumble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vasileios
Hi Danae, i just sent to you a personal message with my contact details( check you inbox in this forum)
Hello Vasileios,

I would like to thank you and the members of this super useful thread. It is fairly rare to find actual documented experience of people going through the N-600k process.

You have kindly mentioned that you had a contact for a good immigration lawyer that specializes in the N-600k specifically?......would it be possible if you can message me her/his contact info please?....

Also do you think that the evidence you have provided was too much at the end....or simply the more the better?

NB. Im preparing all the evidence my self currently as well...

Thanks!!

Hi to all !!

Does anyone have experience applying for the n-600k online via the USCIS portal (new alternative vs the approach of sending the documents to phoenix) ?

Thanks!

Sorry for too many questions......has anyone experienced having the interviewed waived by the USCIS in case the applicant is an infant (less than 2 yrs old) ?

Thanks a million!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 29th 2021 at 4:30 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shyhumble
Sorry for too many questions......has anyone experienced having the interviewed waived by the USCIS in case the applicant is an infant (less than 2 yrs old) ?

Thanks a million!
hi, so there's no interview waiver. No exceptions. Parent if alive needs to be present with child at the interview at field office of choice no matter the age of the applicant.

All I've ever heard was a case of a parent with 2 applicants, and the parent only went to the interview with one child and left the other in country of residence because she explain to field officer that it was a child with very special needs, and she recieve another appointment for 2 years but again no waive just an extension to come back with the infant applicant.

Good luck.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shyhumble
Hello Vasileios,

I would like to thank you and the members of this super useful thread. It is fairly rare to find actual documented experience of people going through the N-600k process.

You have kindly mentioned that you had a contact for a good immigration lawyer that specializes in the N-600k specifically?......would it be possible if you can message me her/his contact info please?....

Also do you think that the evidence you have provided was too much at the end....or simply the more the better?

NB. Im preparing all the evidence my self currently as well...

Thanks!!
hi there again, hmmm I believe the lawyer most likely it's Michele Coven Wolgel. Google her, she has her website and there you can find how you can contact her. she studied law in the U.S but now lives in Israel and she really is an expert in N600k.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 8:13 pm
Under blue skies

Originally Posted by Michele11
hi there again, hmmm I believe the lawyer most likely it's Michele Coven Wolgel. Google her, she has her website and there you can find how you can contact her. she studied law in the U.S but now lives in Israel and she really is an expert in N600k.
I'm curious, Michele11 - is it possible that this Michele Coven Wolgel is yourself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.