Anyone with D.C. POE experience?

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone with D.C. POE experience?

Can anyone tell me of their D.C. POE experience? I plan on flying in through Dulles Or BWI with an immigrant visa (DCF).
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 1:21 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone with D.C. POE experience?

Here's a post from VJ from a couple that came in via BWI having done DCF.

Hope that helps!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband came thru in November 2003 at Dulles, after DCF in Cyprus. Although the wait was long, the officer was very nice to him. No questions were asked, just went thru the papers and said to enjoy America. It was over all pretty easy. HoOwever, there were two others who appeared to be muslim, a man and a woman, that were being questioned extensively and at one point the officer said they would not be admitted. Whether they were admitted later or not we don't know.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 12:56 pm
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jg1012002
HoOwever, there were two others who appeared to be muslim, a man and a woman, that were being questioned extensively and at one point the officer said they would not be admitted. Whether they were admitted later or not we don't know.
Can they just do that, even if you have an immigrant visa? I'm muslim, I do wear a headscarf.
Now what? Should I be scared.... very scared?

I think... if that would be the case... I would say: "stick your America to someplace the sun never shines", and I would return to Belgium and not make any other attempt again. And I guess if my husband really loves me, he would leave America and come live with me.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 1:23 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noortje
Can they just do that, even if you have an immigrant visa? I'm muslim, I do wear a headscarf.
Now what? Should I be scared.... very scared?

I think... if that would be the case... I would say: "stick your America to someplace the sun never shines", and I would return to Belgium and not make any other attempt again. And I guess if my husband really loves me, he would leave America and come live with me.
My understanding is that the issuing of a visa does not guarantee you entry into the country and the decision regarding admission is solely that of the officers at the POE.

That said, I would think that it would be unusual for a person holding a valid visa to be refused. I wouldn't worry, but I also wouldn't tell them at any point to "stick it". Good luck, chances are it'll be just fine.

~SecretGarden