Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any thoughts on when the US embassy in London will re-open?

Any thoughts on when the US embassy in London will re-open?

Old May 11th 2020, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Zmelstub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any thoughts on when the US embassy in London will re-open?

Hello everyone! Just wanted some advice so we are best prepared to get our visas post lockdown. In the UK, those that cannot from work have been asked to return to work. I understand quite a few states in US seem to be re-opening, so do you have any thoughts on roughly when the embassy in London might re-open for non-immigrant visas?
My husband and I are due to file for L1-B visas — we were about to submit when the embassy cancelled non-immigrant visa appointments so it has been a long wait. Thanks for your advice!
Old May 11th 2020, 10:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any thoughts on when the US embassy in London will re-open?

Originally Posted by Zmelstub
Hello everyone! Just wanted some advice so we are best prepared to get our visas post lockdown. In the UK, those that cannot from work have been asked to return to work. I understand quite a few states in US seem to be re-opening, so do you have any thoughts on roughly when the embassy in London might re-open for non-immigrant visas?
My husband and I are due to file for L1-B visas — we were about to submit when the embassy cancelled non-immigrant visa appointments so it has been a long wait. Thanks for your advice!
This was announced a few weeks ago - https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...-reopen-june-4

Don't think there's any more info that that at the moment, but keep an eye on the website.

Good luck.
Old May 11th 2020, 11:39 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any thoughts on when the US embassy in London will re-open?

Won't matter until the US relaxes travel restrictions. You wouldn't be able to fly to the US anyway right now, even with the visa.