Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any new strory on abusing the INS (Battered spouse) Loop Hole.

Wikiposts

Any new strory on abusing the INS (Battered spouse) Loop Hole.

Old Aug 7th 2002, 4:09 pm
Danzi100

Default Any new strory on abusing the INS (Battered spouse) Loop Hole.

Women come to this country on K1 visa then they start getting help from the
variant charities couching them on how to get a green card using the "Battered
spouse" loop hole.

Old Aug 7th 2002, 8:38 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: Any new strory on abusing the INS (Battered spouse) Loop Hole.

Really? How? Are they all bombarded with phone calls and email, like the people that
keep trying to get me to refinance my mortgage? Abuse claims happen in a only a small
percentage of K-1s, and I would suspect that only a small percentage of those are not
successful. Do you think INS isn't aware of the potential for abusing the abuse
claim? What is the point of the post? Are you seeking out these claimants?

Can you tell us what has happened since your post of last year (July 21,
2000) asking if Paul was one of these women claiming abuse? (Subject :Any one had the
same experience I am having now?)

What has happened with your spouse? Was AOS granted as an "abused spouse"? There is a
world of difference between the claim and actually proving
it. A restraining order is NOT proof of abuse.

It sounds like either:

1. She came into this country with an agenda I base this on your claim that the abuse
claim is false

or

2. There was actual abuse (mental or physical) I base this on your ranting

In July 2001, you reported she had received an appointment letter for her AOS
interview. So, what happened?

wrote:
    > Women come to this country on K1 visa then they start getting help from the
    > variant charities couching them on how to get a green card using the "Battered
    > spouse" loop hole.

Old Aug 8th 2002, 8:29 am
Danzi100

Really !! abuse claims happen all the time and all of these claim were approved if
they go through the charities. yes, the INS is aware of that but they can NOT do
anything about it. Read the "Battered spouse loophole" carefully. The point of these
post for the K1 applicant to be very careful not to go through what people like us
did. When I went through the K1 myself I never thought that is going to happen to me,
but it did.

What would you like to know? My ex-wife was very successful she got her application
approved and she got what she always wanted come to USA and become a US citizen to be
indepandent, work and support her family and do thing she were not able to do it back
home. you might be wonder why she did that? She did it after I discovering letters
from her family mom and sister stating clearly her intention just to come to the USA.
If you are a woman just come to Oregon (Washington county) and every legal aspect
will be easy for you. just to let you know she did her homework well she did copy an
exact sentence from a russian woman who did go through this "He threat to kill me and
send me back home in BOX".

"mrtravel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Really? How? Are they all bombarded with phone calls and email, like the people
    > that keep trying to get me to refinance my mortgage? Abuse claims happen in a only
    > a small percentage of K-1s, and I would suspect that only a small percentage of
    > those are not successful. Do you think INS isn't aware of the potential for abusing
    > the abuse claim? What is the point of the post? Are you seeking out these
    > claimants?
    > Can you tell us what has happened since your post of last year (July 21,
    > 2000) asking if Paul was one of these women claiming abuse? (Subject :Any one had
    > the same experience I am having now?)
    > What has happened with your spouse? Was AOS granted as an "abused spouse"? There is
    > a world of difference between the claim and actually proving
    > it. A restraining order is NOT proof of abuse.
    > It sounds like either:
    > 1. She came into this country with an agenda I base this on your claim that the
    > abuse claim is false
    > or
    > 2. There was actual abuse (mental or physical) I base this on your ranting
    > In July 2001, you reported she had received an appointment letter for her AOS
    > interview. So, what happened?
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > Women come to this country on K1 visa then they start getting help from
the
    > > variant charities couching them on how to get a green card using the "Battered
    > > spouse" loop hole.

Old Aug 8th 2002, 1:12 pm
Mrtravel@Sbc

Danzi100 wrote:
    > Really !! abuse claims happen all the time and all of these claim were approved if
    > they go through the charities.

Sure... if you say so.

> yes, the INS is aware of that but they can NOT do anything about it.
If they know something is illegal, why can they not do anything?
    > What would you like to know? My ex-wife was very successful she got her application
    > approved and she got what she always wanted come to USA and become a US citizen to
    > be indepandent, work and support her family and do thing she were not able to do it
    > back home.

So, she is now a USC?

you might be wonder why she did
    > that? She did it after I discovering letters from her family mom and sister stating
    > clearly her intention just to come to the USA.

How did you go about "discovering" these letters? Do you make it a habit of reading
the private letters of people? What else did you do?

Old Aug 8th 2002, 3:12 pm
Danzi100

> > yes, the INS is aware of that but they can NOT do anything about it.
    > If they know something is illegal, why can they not do anything?
    > > *** cause, NO one can chalange the "loophole" law, that what the INS
investigation said.

> > What would you like to know? My ex-wife was very successful she got her
    > > application approved and she got what she always wanted come to USA and become a
    > > US citizen to be indepandent, work and support her family and
do
    > > thing she were not able to do it back home.
    > So, she is now a USC? *** Not yet she got her green card.
    > you might be wonder why she did
    > > that? She did it after I discovering letters from her family mom and
sister
    > > stating clearly her intention just to come to the USA.
    > How did you go about "discovering" these letters?
when she was stealing money and sending it to her family I got the bank statment and
there was 2nd page missing so while looking for the missing page it happen to be
hiden with these letters

> Do you make it a habit of reading the private letters of people?
*** NO this is not my habit. but when you have somthing missing and you are looking
for it and you havesomthing to catch your eyes you will read it. One letter was sent
to her friend address. I do not know if you are a Man or a Woman do not tell me you
are not going to read it if you find somthing catch your eyes

Old Aug 8th 2002, 6:24 pm
Mrtravel@Sbc

Danzi100 wrote:

I don't know what you mean by INS not being able to challenge the "loophole'
abuse law. If it is shown there is not a vaild claim, then the person will not be
able to AOS.

>> > How did you go about "discovering" these letters?
    > when she was stealing money and sending it to her family I got the bank statment
    > and there was 2nd page missing so while looking for the missing page it happen to
    > be hiden with these letters

Your wife was stealing YOUR money? Yep, I get the picture..

> > Do you make it a habit of reading the private letters of people?
    > *** NO this is not my habit. but when you have somthing missing and you are looking
    > for it and you havesomthing to catch your eyes you will read it. One letter was
    > sent to her friend address. I do not know if you are a Man or a Woman do not tell
    > me you are not going to read it if you find somthing catch your eyes

Yep, I can understand how personal letters can be mistaken for bank statement pages.

My instincts may be totally out of whack, but I am beginning to see how someone might
want to make an abuse claim.

Let it rest. When she becomes a citizen, then you will not have to worry about the
I-864. I do not see what your goal is in this newsgroup. Is it your intention that
people here drop their plans to have their loved one immigrate? These people are
looking at ways of getting their loved ones here ASAP. They aren't here to listen
tell his tale of woe. It's not that I think you are wrong, just that there are at
least 3 sides to every story.

Old Aug 10th 2002, 6:09 am
Danzi100

The intention of this post as I mentioned earlier is to make the K1 er be a ware of
what it could happen to them if they were not careful from the beginning. I wish I
had read this news group before for similar story to mine. I am not disencouraging
any one from the K1. I do encourage every one to read and know about this
"loophole" because it so easy to abuse it and so many innocents people were
victimized and you << mrtravel >> do your research about it and see what I mean by
that. read this http://www.fairus.or-
g/html/08318007.htm

"mrtravel@sbc" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Danzi100 wrote:
    > I don't know what you mean by INS not being able to challenge the "loophole'
    > abuse law. If it is shown there is not a vaild claim, then the person will not be
    > able to AOS.
    > >> > How did you go about "discovering" these letters?
    > > when she was stealing money and sending it to her family I got the bank statment
    > > and there was 2nd page missing so while looking for the missing page it happen to
    > > be hiden with these letters
    > Your wife was stealing YOUR money? Yep, I get the picture..
    > >
    > > > Do you make it a habit of reading the private letters of people?
    > > *** NO this is not my habit. but when you have somthing missing and you
are
    > > looking for it and you havesomthing to catch your eyes you will read it.
One
    > > letter was sent to her friend address. I do not know if you are a Man or
a
    > > Woman do not tell me you are not going to read it if you find somthing
catch
    > > your eyes
    > Yep, I can understand how personal letters can be mistaken for bank
    > statement pages.
    > My instincts may be totally out of whack, but I am beginning to see how someone
    > might want to make an abuse claim.
    > Let it rest. When she becomes a citizen, then you will not have to worry about the
    > I-864. I do not see what your goal is in this newsgroup. Is it your intention that
    > people here drop their plans to have their loved one immigrate? These people are
    > looking at ways of getting their loved ones here ASAP. They aren't here to listen
    > tell his tale of woe. It's not that I think you are wrong, just that there are at
    > least 3 sides to every story.

Old Aug 10th 2002, 7:43 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Very interesting web site. FAIR. After reading the prepared testimony to the sub-committee, I took a look at their home page and Purpose Statement. Still curious, I then looked at their list of respected members. I was most surprised that Pat Bucannan wasn't listed there. Saw him do an interview about his book citing the reasons INS should stop issuing visas.

I do think I see your point, though. There are certainly people in other places who will marry anyone for a green card. I think anyone who has been around the immigration sites for a while have read first-hand accounts. At least they have read one side of the story.

I also agree that anyone contemplating marriage should use their head in addition to other parts of their anatomy. While it may be riskier with someone you have not spent much time with (by nature of the distance), I personally know of USC-USC marriages that are entered into for less than love. One side has some bucks stashed away and end up losing half. And that works both ways; it has nothing to do with gender. I also think most folks going through the spouse/fiancee immigration process are aware of the heightened risks and consequences.

So?

-Don