Wikiposts

any good consultants

Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:17 am
Just Joined

cheri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any good consultants

i am an engineerin grad in computer science on H4 visa.could someone suggest me a good consultant thru vich i can get H1..
i am a fresher so how much salary should i expect?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any good consultants

Originally Posted by cheri
i am an engineerin grad in computer science on H4 visa.could someone suggest me a good consultant thru vich i can get H1..
i am a fresher so how much salary should i expect?
You don't get an H1 through a consultant. You get an H1 through an employer. A consultant might be able to find you an employer, is that what you mean? Look in the yellow pages or online for job placement services. You can avoid the extra cost of hiring a consultant, by doing your own legwork and job hunting. With the internet and places such as Monster.com, it's easy.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

i mean consultant who himself is an employer..
can you suggest some who can be trusted
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

well as you've been asking in other threads and answered...and the fact that your here on an H4, you should have some idea of the H1 process...

Your best bet would be to just apply for jobs with people and check out the various job sites like monster, career builder, guru, dice etc....but the fact that your a fresh graduate means you probably don't stand a chance in finding someone to employ you because of the hassle and cost required in sponsoring someone.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:02 pm
Joe Feise

cheri wrote on 01/15/07 17:19:

>> You don't get an H1 through a consultant. You get an H1 through an
>> employer. A consultant might be able to find you an employer, is that
>> what you mean? Look in the yellow pages or online for job placement
>> services. You can avoid the extra cost of hiring a consultant, by
>> doing your own legwork and job hunting. With the internet and places
>> such as Monster.com, it's easy.
>>
>> Best Wishes,
>> Rene
>
> i mean consultant who himself is an employer..

*Every* consultant is an employer. You would be employed by the consultant. The
consultant would pay your salary. That makes the consultant an employer.
Where the consultant places you is none of your concern. That's the job of the
consultant, to find a contract for you to work on.
Even if the consultant doesn't have a contract for you, he still has to pay you.
That's the law.

> can you suggest some who can be trusted

Negative selection: stay far far away from any consultant who a) wants money
from you, b) doesn't want to pay you while on bench, c) requires you to find
your own contracts, d) requires you to pay part or all of the H1 application
(most of the fees have to be paid by the employer, that's the law.)
That pretty much eliminates 90% of the contractors...

-Joe
--
I am not a lawyer.
For reliable advice, consult a competent immigration attorney.

Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

i mean consultant who himself is an employer..
can you suggest some who can be trusted
So you want to work for a consulting firm? Just make up a list, apply, and go to interviews if called. It's not difficult.

Rene
Old Jan 19th 2007, 12:28 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
well as you've been asking in other threads and answered...and the fact that your here on an H4, you should have some idea of the H1 process...

Your best bet would be to just apply for jobs with people and check out the various job sites like monster, career builder, guru, dice etc....but the fact that your a fresh graduate means you probably don't stand a chance in finding someone to employ you because of the hassle and cost required in sponsoring someone.
She's going to keep asking these illiterate questions until someone gives her the answer she wants to hear - i.e. the name of some "consultant" scam artist who will bypass the H1-B rules, take a huge feel, "employ" her and then bench her on no pay.

Cheri, as a newly graduated Computer Science major, you stand little or no chance of having sufficient experience to find an employer who will sponsor your H1-B application. I think you know this, which is why you want to find a "consultant". Consultant, in H1-B circles, is shorthand for someone who will sponsor a bogus H1-B application for an under-qualified applicant by claiming to be their employer. They take a huge fee, get you an H1-B (or not - most likely it will be rejected) and then claim to be trying to find you "clients" while benching you on no pay. It's a common practice, and I believe that what you are asking for is the name of someone who will do this for you without simply running off with your money.

You won't find suggestions here.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:01 am
Just Joined

y a thats the problem since i dont have any experience,,i know it would be difficult for me to find someone who will sponser my H1..that is y i m asking for suggestions
Old Jan 19th 2007, 1:36 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

y a thats the problem since i dont have any experience,,i know it would be difficult for me to find someone who will sponser my H1..that is y i m asking for suggestions
Get some experience.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

resham04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well not all consulting firms are scam artist but there are many such scam artists. So it is always better to find an employer who can offer you direct job and sponsor you H1.

I also tried for sometime but then I enrolled for masters and changed my status to F1. There are 20,000 quota just for US masters and higher degree so to stand a better chance. On F1 one can utilize CPT and OPT to get an employer/experience and then H1. In fact now there are many consultants who are behind condidates to join their firm. Try perisoftware.com

It depends on where you live but it may be a bit tough to find a job/consultant ( who sponsor your H1 without your money).

Try yahoogroups H1_Visa_Info and H1B_And_GreenCard_Queries where lot of folks are discussing about diff firms. Check out file section in the group. try goolti.com

good luck