Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any Chance of my 23 year Old son getting to join us in USA?

Wikiposts

Any Chance of my 23 year Old son getting to join us in USA?

Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:05 am
Just Joined

LexieLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Chance of my 23 year Old son getting to join us in USA?

Hi I am coming over to the USA in a couple of weeks on a L1 with my husband and our 14 year old son. My 23 year old is not allowed to come over with us on the L1 blanket petition.

My question is is their anyway he can come across? or is it just a case of coming for holidays?

I do worry as he is on his own with no family in the UK.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Chance of my 23 year Old son getting to join us in USA?

If you get a green card and then citizenship you can sponsor him. That is a long way off though, until then he would have to come for holidays or find an employer to sponsor him for a visa under his own steam (or marry an American...)
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:19 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LexieLou
Hi I am coming over to the USA in a couple of weeks on a L1 with my husband and our 14 year old son. My 23 year old is not allowed to come over with us on the L1 blanket petition.

My question is is their anyway he can come across? or is it just a case of coming for holidays?

I do worry as he is on his own with no family in the UK.

Thanks for your help in advance.
You don't give any information about him and whether he could qualify for a visa in his own right.

If he remains unmarried, you can sponsor him when you get residency. Or if you naturalize, you can sponsor him regardless of his marital status. In all cases, there is a line many years long.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You don't give any information about him and whether he could qualify for a visa in his own right.

If he remains unmarried, you can sponsor him when you get residency. Or if you naturalize, you can sponsor him regardless of his marital status. In all cases, there is a line many years long.
Sorry but he is a fully qualified Personel Trainer in the fitness industry. I presume you have loads of them already in the US. Could he start up his own business?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but he is a fully qualified Personel Trainer in the fitness industry. I presume you have loads of them already in the US. Could he start up his own business?
Possibly. Does he have enough money to do so?

Rene
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Possibly. Does he have enough money to do so?

Rene
Ha Ha, No thats the usual bank of Mum and Dad !!!!
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ha Ha, No thats the usual bank of Mum and Dad !!!!
Then no, no realistic chance. Unless he wants to study in the US.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Ok Guys, thanks for your help. I guess I kind of new the response but you never know unless you ask.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Guys, thanks for your help. I guess I kind of new the response but you never know unless you ask.
I'm sorry for your situation abd understand how you will be feeling as I was in the same boat when I moved here 6 years ago.
Our son couldn't come with us either so we got occassional visits from him and his family, and we went back there to visit when we ccould. See, we also had a grandson growing up away from us so we were all a bit miserable about the distance. spoiled it for me really, I missed them all terribly and felt isolated not having my family close by. I never really settled if I'm honest.
But now my world has been turned around. My son got an L1 visa las year and has just had his renewal, so next thing is applying for green card.
If somebody had told me a couple of years ago we'd all be living here I'd have thought they were out of their mind. But he we are
So my message to you is don't let it die a death....look into other options. We never knew it would be possible for our son to get an L1 visa, well we didn't know much about it. And it was only through talking to somebody casually about our situation, that the person knew he would have a good chance at an L1. Don't give up, keep looking at possible ways for him to get a visa.
Good luck