Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Another happy story: Newark N400 citizenship

Wikiposts

Another happy story: Newark N400 citizenship

Old Jun 29th 2004, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

citizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant future
Default Another happy story: Newark N400 citizenship

Today my wife and I became US citizens at the Newark district office.

The interview was a 10-12 minute affair for each of us. Very courteous and efficient. Civics questions were from the list of 100 on the USCIS website. The wait between interview and oath was about 4 hrs. They swore in 98 new citizens today- most of whom had come in for their interviews in the morning.

I must say, the Newark, NJ office is doing a great job despite a heavy load of naturalization applications. Interview and oath on the same day is really the best way to do it.

The timeline for both of us:

N400 mailed: Sep 5, 2003.
Fingerprint: Oct 31, 2003.
Interview Letter: Sometime in April.
Interview&Oath: June 29, 2004.

Next stop: Register to vote so we can do our duty in November to defend the Constitution "against all enemies, foreign and domestic" ;-)
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice
Default Re: Another happy story: Newark N400 citizenship

Originally posted by citizen-cane

The interview was a 10-12 minute affair for each of us. Very courteous and efficient. Civics questions were from the list of 100 on the USCIS website. The wait between interview and oath was about 4 hrs. They swore in 98 new citizens today- most of whom had come in for their interviews in the morning.

I must say, the Newark, NJ office is doing a great job despite a heavy load of naturalization applications. Interview and oath on the same day is really the best way to do it.

Next stop: Register to vote so we can do our duty in November to defend the Constitution "against all enemies, foreign and domestic" ;-)
Well........... congratulations to the both of you! You can finally kick back and relax and enjoy not ever having to think about immigration matters again!

What a nice feeling that must be!

Very happy for you.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 2:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. CC

Old Jun 29th 2004, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Great job. Welcome to American citizenship.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

citizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant futurecitizen-cane has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jaytee
Great job. Welcome to American citizenship.

Thank you Rete and jaytee. 17 years almost to the day since arriving in the USA! Figured we were more American than any other nationality, so we decided it was time. Once we applied, it seemed like a very long wait (even tho it was only 10 months-pretty good for Newark).

To anyone waiting in the wings to apply, I would say go for it. The process is pretty straightforward.

By the way, my USCIS 'case status online' information has still not changed since it first appeared in October. I never bothered to sign up for new personalized 'customer portfolio account'. Maybe that is the only place they update now.

Good luck to all. Become American citizens- the country needs more (computer) literate people.

Citizen citizen-cane.