Wikiposts

Another desperate day !

Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:55 am
Perfumdiva1

Default Re: Another desperate day !

Holly

I know how you feel.

My first 9 months in Houston were absolutely desperate. I didnt want to move there, we had been very happy in another part of the States, but had to move.

I cried every night, as soon as my husband came home, he got it.

I was drinking WAY too much wine. (eh, come to think of it, that part hasnt changed) LOL

Then one night, my husband came home and said "OK, I have had enough, I shall quit my job tomorrow, this is no way for us to live, where do you want to go"?

Lightning bolt must of hit me on the head or something like that, I realised my husband and two kids loved it in Houston, and I was making everyone else miserable.

He suggested I go and visit family for a couple of weeks, and see how I felt when I got back.

I went away to visit family on my own for 2 weeks, and couldnt wait to return to Houston, to my husband and boys. and my new life.

My attitutude changed and things have been great ever since, I have now been here for 6 years.

Oh yes, what also didnt help, was going to these "How senior is your husband and what does he do" coffee mornings :scared:

Nasty nasty nasty..

I am also Scottish but wouldnt want to move back there permanently.

Remember, this is most likely a phase, and it also helps alot if you can find a friend that you just click with.

I wish you lots of luck and keep yer chin up quine

PD1

Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holly
How do you homesick , wrong move people get thru' the really desperate days? This week has been particularly bad , now have problems at the school as well, and I thought "och well , it's another lovely sunny day , lets have a good day !" which very quickly went down hill into complete desperation. Want to get very drunk , but have 2 young kids in the house , and don't want to start drinking when I feel I really NEED to as opposed to just fancying a drink AND have started smoking again this week (first one in 16 years !!) So have turned to my virtual friends to keep me sane with their words of advice.
Thanks in advance guys,
Holly.
I also have read your other posts and have been in your situation before when I got married in Oz and moved to a small town and wasn't working for a while. I don't know whether this will help but there must be some clubs of Scots (just and idea) that you could join or if not start, as there must be other women who are in your situation and you can go off and do things with. It might make the transition a bit easier if you're around people who may have a similar interest with you and share humour and likes. Also if they have kids you may be able to do some part time work and share looking after the kids with others who are in the same situation. You may also find going back to the UK unsettles you more at this stage it did me. Keep your chin up
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:52 am
Merlot

Just to say chin up too, easier said than done though, understand how you are feeling and it is very painful.

Keep talking on the Forum, all happy to help.

Love
M xx