Wikiposts

Amsterdam Interview - Finally!!

Old Jul 11th 2001, 11:34 am
Lllpltx

At long last, Edwin has his K-1 interview scheduled for July 26, 2001 with the
medical exam on 7/19/01. After embassy misplaced packet 3 documents, resending them,
delays in obtaining the police certificates and the embassy's request for
verification he had the original I-134 paperwork (which they allowed him to fax
in...but scheduled the interview on his word before they received them...strange)..
he finally is scheduled to talk to them. The word is "all the paperwork is in
order." What began as "up to 10 weeks" has become 4 months...but it's finally
coming to an end...the light is at the end of the tunnel...and it is NOT a
train...it's him coming home.

I'm so happy...I'm almost giddy. The phone call at 2am this morning telling me the
interview date was welcome and I had the best night's sleep in weeks.

We're looking forward to a mid-august arrival and the welcome end to this first step
in the process. At least the remainder of it will be together...and not burning up
the phone lines 4000 + miles apart.

Thank you to all of you who have helped particularly Alvena and Eileen&Klaas. We
appreciate the advice, encouragement and wisdom that so many of you have to share.
It's very helpful to know that others are in and have survived the journey in the
same leaky boat.

Good Luck to all of you who are still waiting....it does end...and that is only the
beginning of something beautiful.

Our timeline: Initial Filing - TSC - 11/15/00 First NOA 11/20/00 Second NOA 3/12/01
Arrival of Petition in Amsterdam - 3/21/01 Medical Exam 7/19/01 Interview 7/26/01

Old Jul 11th 2001, 3:10 pm
Eileen

Congratulations! Finally! OMG they really made you jump through hoops. It is unusual
for Amsterdam to screw up but they really did big time with your paperwork. Your
reunion will be all the sweeter. Smiling for the both of you. Keep in touch. tot
ziens, Eileen

>
the
    >
resending
    >
request for
    >
to fax
    >
    >
"all