The Amazing Ombudsman

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

RICKRGRS will become famous soon enoughRICKRGRS will become famous soon enough
Default The Amazing Ombudsman

Yet another example of the pathetic and ridiculous bureaucracy of our Federal 'guhment' , enshrined in The Dept. of Homeland Security:

On October 11 2004, I wrote a detailed and professional letter to the CIS Ombudsman in Washington D.C. in the hopes that he/she/it could help move the CIS along in processing my wife's FBI name check, post-AOS interview on August 2 2004 (I did not have a clue at that time how long this was going to take).

Today, I got back a reply letter from the 'budman' dated 7/11/05! Exactly 9 months! ... 9 months to send a stinking form letter!! It said absolutely nothing of substance!

Some choice excerpts: "Based on the information you provided, a formal inquiry has been initiated with [USCIS] USCIS should simultaneously issue a response to you and this office within 45 days."
[note the weasel word; 'should']

The letter further says: "If a response is not received within the given time frame, this office will follow-up with USCIS to determine the reason for the delay" [ha ha ha - note that the weasel author does not say WHEN the Ombudsman will follow up or further communicate to me - ha ha - Ombudsman could save some time and just go on the BE forum and find out the reason for the delay!]

Further: "I recognize the frustration you and others experience with existing immigration process." [He should also add, "but we don't give a rat's ass because we have a government job and can't be fired before we collect our pension, so f* off"]

and: "Within the past months, the CIS Ombudsman has made substantial strides to that end, and most recently was staffed to respond to public inquiries, like yours" [I am going to scream! If the Ombudsman office was not 'staffed to respond' before, why the hell did it advertise itself prominently all over the INS/BCIS webpage? Perception, posturing, turf protection, smoke and mirrors - government b.s.]

And here is the ultimate irony, and I do not mean to offend anyone - it is just ironicly comedic in a twisted way... but get this: The Ombudsman, the signer of the letter, is someone named "Prakash Khatri"

My next question is: Is the Office of the Ombudsman outsourced and located in India?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Amazing Ombudsman

He is a USC of Asian descent. Which means that his parents were immigrants at one time to the US. Now how is that for ironic.

You are not the only person who has made inquiries of the Ombudsman's Office. I imagine there are tens of thousands of inquiries per calendar year. Wonder how long it would take to get through all those inquiries.

Have you tried any of the following:

1. Contact with the FBI to ascertain when the biometrics were concluded and returned to the CIS?

2. Contacted a political representative's office to see if their immigration liaison could be of some assistance?

3. Made an infopass appointment and gone in person to find out status?

4. Written to the DAO who performed your wife's interview with a copy to the director of the office you are using?

Originally Posted by RICKRGRS
Yet another example of the pathetic and ridiculous bureaucracy of our Federal 'guhment' , enshrined in The Dept. of Homeland Security:

On October 11 2004, I wrote a detailed and professional letter to the CIS Ombudsman in Washington D.C. in the hopes that he/she/it could help move the CIS along in processing my wife's FBI name check, post-AOS interview on August 2 2004 (I did not have a clue at that time how long this was going to take).

Today, I got back a reply letter from the 'budman' dated 7/11/05! Exactly 9 months! ... 9 months to send a stinking form letter!! It said absolutely nothing of substance!

Some choice excerpts: "Based on the information you provided, a formal inquiry has been initiated with [USCIS] USCIS should simultaneously issue a response to you and this office within 45 days."

The letter further says: "If a response is not received within the given time frame, this office will follow-up with USCIS to determine the reason for the delay" [ha ha ha - note that the weasel author does not say WHEN the Ombudsman will follow up or further communicate to me - ha ha - Ombudsman could save some time and just go on the BE forum and find out the reason for the delay!]

Further: "I recognize the frustration you and others experience with existing immigration process." [He should also add, "but we don't give a rat's ass because we have a government job and can't be fired before we collect our pension, so f* off"]

and: "Within the past months, the CIS Ombudsman has made substantial strides to that end, and most recently was staffed to respond to public inquiries, like yours" [I am going to scream! If the Ombudsman office was not 'staffed to respond' before, why the hell did it advertise itself prominently all over the INS/BCIS webpage? Perception, posturing, turf protection, smoke and mirrors - government b.s.]

And here is the ultimate irony, and I do not mean to offend anyone - it is just ironicly comedic in a twisted way... but get this: The Ombudsman, the signer of the letter, is someone named "Prakash Khatri"

My next question is: Is the Office of the Ombudsman outsourced and located in India?

Last edited by Rete; Jul 15th 2005 at 11:19 am.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
He is a USC of Asian descent. Which means that if he wasn't then his parents were immigrants at one time to the US. Now how is that for ironic.
Or Grandparents etc etc

But that could be said for 99.99% of the population. Not to sure how many 9's would be appropriate, maybe a few more.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Or Grandparents etc etc

But that could be said for 99.99% of the population. Not to sure how many 9's would be appropriate, maybe a few more.
When I give public talks, I like to ask the question "How many of you here are either foreign born or have one foreign born parent? Raise you hands please."

I've never had less than 50% of an audience raise their hands, including yours truly [mother born in Europe.].
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:40 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure that when you write letters and CIS has to research and respond to them that this can only lead to slower processing for everyone. All of the resources that they have to redirect bogs down the system even worse.

If your spouse had come with an immigrant visa in hand, they could have avoided most of these processing delays.

What status did they adjust from?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rick,

The "budman" has no control over other sections of the department - he cannot promise you what they will do, only tell you what they should do. However, he does have control over his own section, and he has promised you that he will follow up if the others do not do what they should. This is not weaseling, it is all that can be expected of him.

So the "budman" is of Indian descent. I am of British descent. You must be what we call a 'native American'?

Regards, JEff

Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

RICKRGRS will become famous soon enoughRICKRGRS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Rick,

The "budman" has no control over other sections of the department - he cannot promise you what they will do, only tell you what they should do. However, he does have control over his own section, and he has promised you that he will follow up if the others do not do what they should. This is not weaseling, it is all that can be expected of him.

So the "budman" is of Indian descent. I am of British descent. You must be what we call a 'native American'?

Regards, JEff
Kiss my Anglo Saxon white ass, Jeff. All of my family roots immigrated from the British Isles five and six generations ago, and eventually settled in the wilds west of Kentucky, on lands stolen from aboriginal Americans; by disease, trickery, and war. The trouble with always being so politically correct is that you can't find humor in anything - lighten up, Sir Jeff. The fact that the Ombudsman has an Indian name strikes me as funny, that's all. Don't get your knickers in a knot.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Kiss my Anglo Saxon white ass, Jeff. All of my family roots immigrated from the British Isles five and six generations ago, and eventually settled in the wilds west of Kentucky, on lands stolen from aboriginal Americans; by disease, trickery, and war. The trouble with always being so politically correct is that you can't find humor in anything - lighten up, Sir Jeff. The fact that the Ombudsman has an Indian name strikes me as funny, that's all. Don't get your knickers in a knot.
I suggest you read the budman's recent report to congress. He actually does give a rat's ass about people being disserviced by USCIS.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:14 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg14624
I'm sure that when you write letters and CIS has to research and respond to them that this can only lead to slower processing for everyone. All of the resources that they have to redirect bogs down the system even worse.
Pray why?

If something's bust, it needs fixing. If nobody complains, those who may have the ability to fix it will not even know there's a problem or may believe they can happily ignore it.

I suggest the OP complains to his senators, representatives, the local press and anyone else s/he can think of who can shame USCIS and the ombudsman into some semblance of accountability. And s/he should continue doing it until USCIS and the ombudsman get the idea that many are not particularly impressed with their arrogant slovenliness.

Putting one's head in the sand and pretending there's no problem is not going to solve it. And, above all, these federal employees are wasting my tax dollars and costing the economy dearly.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:01 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

I also wasn't impressed with my one dealing with the Office of the Ombudsman. Last year when we submitted our removal of conditions we hadn't received anything to indicate that our daughter who's name we included was acknowledged by them as having been included. So I sent an e-mail to the Office of the Ombudsman requesting that they look into it. Two months later I get a reply saying that they can't do anything through e-mail that I have to send them a letter. One by that time I had already gone into our local immigration office and they finally got things straightened out. Two why did it take two months to respond to an e-mail that only told me to write a letter.

The government agency I work for has a policy to respond to e-mail inquiries within 48 hours and managment is asking you why you still have it if you haven't replied within 5 days. If it's something I can't handle through e-mail I write back to ask for the person's phone.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mdyoung
I also wasn't impressed with my one dealing with the Office of the Ombudsman. Last year when we submitted our removal of conditions we hadn't received anything to indicate that our daughter who's name we included was acknowledged by them as having been included. So I sent an e-mail to the Office of the Ombudsman requesting that they look into it. Two months later I get a reply saying that they can't do anything through e-mail that I have to send them a letter. One by that time I had already gone into our local immigration office and they finally got things straightened out. Two why did it take two months to respond to an e-mail that only told me to write a letter.

The government agency I work for has a policy to respond to e-mail inquiries within 48 hours and managment is asking you why you still have it if you haven't replied within 5 days. If it's something I can't handle through e-mail I write back to ask for the person's phone.

Might this have something to do with it?

"Please note that at this time, the CIS Ombudsman only accepts case problems through regular or courier mail. For privacy reasons, we are unable to process email submissions at this time. If you do decide to submit a case problem to the Ombudsman, please do so according to the following guidelines:
Step 1. Please write us a letter...."

www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:44 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bionomique
Might this have something to do with it?

"Please note that at this time, the CIS Ombudsman only accepts case problems through regular or courier mail. For privacy reasons, we are unable to process email submissions at this time. If you do decide to submit a case problem to the Ombudsman, please do so according to the following guidelines:
Step 1. Please write us a letter...."

www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman
That wasn't there May of 2004. I think at that time the Office of the Ombudsman was somewhat new and all they had was a page explaining what they do with a e-mail and postal address. That was probably added after people like me waited months for a responce only to be told to write a letter.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mdyoung
That wasn't there May of 2004. I think at that time the Office of the Ombudsman was somewhat new and all they had was a page explaining what they do with a e-mail and postal address. That was probably added after people like me waited months for a responce only to be told to write a letter.
Do they have any job opportunities?

Not somewhere you are ever likely to run out of business.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boiler
Do they have any job opportunities?

Not somewhere you are ever likely to run out of business.
DHS is showing plenty! In fact they advertise volunteer positions too
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bionomique
DHS is showing plenty! In fact they advertise volunteer positions too
That's pretty funny....I wonder if an alien could come here andn volunteer with DHS until the work authorization comes in. LOL

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.