Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Am I inadmissable to the US for a minor offence?

Wikiposts

Am I inadmissable to the US for a minor offence?

Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I inadmissable to the US for a minor offence?

Originally Posted by JackHughes88990
Thanks for all your comments, i'll try to leave it at that and have a think what to do. At present I can't take any time off work to go to London to discuss a visa, but at present I can't afford to lose over £1,500 too.
You do not need to go to London to discuss a visa. Discussion of appropriate visa would be with an Immigrant Attorney, and they can be found anywhere. In fact, you could contact one in the USA at www.ailalawyer.com, and they might be able to help you.

Rene
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Nutmegger, I understand that it's all down to myself. I was just looking to see if anyone has ever been in a similar situation and I was looking to see if the majority of people agree that it is not a CMIT.
TBF you do end most of your posts with a question that seems to be seeking approval. You always ask. So should i tick NO or should i be ok? or should i do this?

So Nutmegger has a good point.

That said, the majority of people have all ready said that you should tick NO. I myself have no input on if it is a no or yes, but will say what everyone else has said.

If your research states that your infraction was not a CIMT then you can tick NO to the question asking that specific quesiton which is

B) Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude

Simple as that, unless you are not disclosing all the facts.

Now i suggest you stop worrying and get on with the rest of your day. Way to much stress over a vacation
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

S Folinsky,

Sorry to bother you; but could just confirm which part of the quote you are to?

Thanks.
I am amused about how people conflate CIMT with substance abuse/dependency.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:44 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I am amused about how people conflate CIMT with substance abuse/dependency.
Are you trying to wind the guy?

BTW, this total mess needlessly costs us Americans millions in lost tourism every year.