Aila, Oh Aila . . .

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 10:50 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aila, Oh Aila . . .

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
You obviously don't know what you are talking about.
She has no clue!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Archie Wilson will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. I don't generally jump into the middle of a case that has already been filed (for a number of what I believe are good reasons) and most people who post here are "DIY'ers" who have already filed. I can count the number of clients (over the years) who have found me due to my volunteer work here on my two hands.

Matt,

I think you grossly undervalue the utility to your law practice of your exposure to the world by posting on a daily basis to this list.

You probably benefit from 'word of mouth' certainly much more than the digits on your two hands.

Understand, that's the quid pro quo. You do a lot of pro bono work here and consequently it comes back to you in many ways . . . and that's a good thing.

Your consultation practice which is pretty much a one shot deal would have to prosper from your being well known and willing to deal with a question area that a person is having.

If you would like, we can post a thread and ask all persons or their friends who have consulted with you over the years who have learned of you via this list to indicate so. I'll bet you a dollar to a donut, the number will exceed the total of 10 by a substantial margin.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I don't like corners
Ok, please get out of that corner immediately.

You have the neatest posting format with all the activity I have ever seen.
You could put that jib-jab piece of bush-kerry to shame.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:04 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Archie Wilson
Matt,

I think you grossly undervalue the utility to your law practice of your exposure to the world by posting on a daily basis to this list.

You probably benefit from 'word of mouth' certainly much more than the digits on your two hands.

Understand, that's the quid pro quo. You do a lot of pro bono work here and consequently it comes back to you in many ways . . . and that's a good thing.
How in the world would you know something like that, Archie?

Your consultation practice which is pretty much a one shot deal would have to prosper from your being well known and willing to deal with a question area that a person is having.

If you would like, we can post a thread and ask all persons or their friends who have consulted with you over the years who have learned of you via this list to indicate so. I'll bet you a dollar to a donut, the number will exceed the total of 10 by a substantial margin.
Yes, why don't you go just ahead and start that thread Archie?

However, it would serve to prove only one thing....... What an obsessive, obnoxious, invidious, little prat you really are being.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Leslie66
How in the world would you know something like that, Archie?

Yes, why don't you go just ahead and start that thread Archie?

However, it would serve to prove only one thing....... What an obsessive, obnoxious, invidious, little prat you really are being.
My Dear Leslie,

At this stage of this thread, I only keep it going, so it appears, primarly as a place for you to come and contribute your comments, so if I am what you say I am, please gaze into the mirror and tell me kindly what you see.

You are on a lot, and I know its comforting to you to have places of comfort you can come and contribute.
If you choose not to 'ignore or delete' this thread could go on endlessly.
I assume if you continue, it will.

My point with the Mattster has been made.
He knows the weight of what I have told him, and I see no reason to collect the donut.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My Dear Leslie ...
You really are a condescending son-of-a-bitch! 'Nuff said!

Ian
Old Jul 24th 2004, 7:40 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

My point with the Mattster has been made.
He knows the weight of what I have told him, and I see no reason to collect the donut.
I don't believe anything you say would worry Matt. He is a long-time poster on the forum and we all know what he is about...
I'm not being rude, just making a statement of facts.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Ranjini
I don't believe anything you say would worry Matt. He is a long-time poster on the forum and we all know what he is about...
I'm not being rude, just making a statement of facts.

I like Matt, too.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:14 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

I like Matt, too.
Yeah, he's an ok guy
Old Jul 25th 2004, 2:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Now this is useful information.

Just wish we could get the rest of the story on the extension of K-1 EAD terms affecting (c)(9) people. also known as trapees in the EAD renewal web.

Do you know what you are even talking about? K-1 EADs are only good for the validity period of the K-1 .... 90 days

The K-3 visa's EAD is only good for the validity period of the K-3 .... 2 years.

So what are you and Lucy wondering about? It would appear that you are both wondering about EADs for pending AOS petitioners. Since each district office differs in the timeframe of scheduling AOS interviews, I would think that alone would be the major issue on how to determine just how long an EAD should be valid for ... one year (as it currently is), two years, three years, five years.

And it matters not if you are adjusting status from a K-1 visa after marriage, a tourist visa, or the VWP after marriage, you all are entitled, at present, to a one year EAD at the time of valid filing of an I-485 and I-765.

I know each of you think of yourselves and your life issues and expenses, etc. when asking for bigger and better benefits and I will be the first to agree that things need to be overhaul in a major way but all of us who walked this path before you guys had to file for one, two and somethings three EADs before an approved I-485. So until the regulations change, you are stuck with what is being offered.

If you want to know the what and wherefores, then read the USCIS website ... they will let you know when they have made a decision on any changes.

As for your condescending posts to Folinskyinla and Udall, Esquires, enough already. They are attorneys and share whatever information they receive from the legal insitute known as the AILA. The AILA also makes that information available on their site. Neither gentlemen needs to give you, me or anyone else insider information and if they had it and chose not to devulge that information, you have no right to demean their effects in this or any other forum because they have chosen not to include you or us in their circle of confidants.

Rete
Old Jul 25th 2004, 3:20 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Hyper,

Simple solution . . .

Ignore or Delete.
Archie- after reading the majority of this colum (which was well answered in less than 10 posts) I have come to two utterly clear conclusions;

1) You need professional help. Go see your local mental health center.

2) The length of EAD won't matter in your case- your better half will be utterly, completely, totally fed up with your abrasive, rude, whiney, arrogant, holier than thou attitude within 6 months and will dump your ass for the mailman (at which time you'll be around posting how she "screwed you over" and how can you deport her).
Old Jul 25th 2004, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
Do you know what you are even talking about? K-1 EADs are only good for the validity period of the K-1 .... 90 days

The K-3 visa's EAD is only good for the validity period of the K-3 .... 2 years.

So what are you and Lucy wondering about? It would appear that you are both wondering about EADs for pending AOS petitioners. Since each district office differs in the timeframe of scheduling AOS interviews, I would think that alone would be the major issue on how to determine just how long an EAD should be valid for ... one year (as it currently is), two years, three years, five years.

And it matters not if you are adjusting status from a K-1 visa after marriage, a tourist visa, or the VWP after marriage, you all are entitled, at present, to a one year EAD at the time of valid filing of an I-485 and I-765.

I know each of you think of yourselves and your life issues and expenses, etc. when asking for bigger and better benefits and I will be the first to agree that things need to be overhaul in a major way but all of us who walked this path before you guys had to file for one, two and somethings three EADs before an approved I-485. So until the regulations change, you are stuck with what is being offered.

If you want to know the what and wherefores, then read the USCIS website ... they will let you know when they have made a decision on any changes.

As for your condescending posts to Folinskyinla and Udall, Esquires, enough already. They are attorneys and share whatever information they receive from the legal insitute known as the AILA. The AILA also makes that information available on their site. Neither gentlemen needs to give you, me or anyone else insider information and if they had it and chose not to devulge that information, you have no right to demean their effects in this or any other forum because they have chosen not to include you or us in their circle of confidants.

Rete
Thanks for your input.
I would rather depend on your forum for the prompt dissemination of information as opposed to USCIS website, although USCIS bears looking at, too.
And by the way, just the other day Folinskyinia learned from the forum about the existence of e filing I-131 . . . so AILA members can also learn from this group as well as impart info. I imagine its hard to practice law and keep up with all the cutting edge stuff all the time.
I don't know how long AOS took when you went through, but in some venues its extended out to two to three and a half years . . . so yes some relief is due the AOS I-765 filers-- in terms of the EAD term as well as shortening the AOS wait period. Maybe technology implementation such as Infopass and extension of the Dallas Pilot Program will lead to the promised six month wait time.
By the way, you give a lot of good legal sounding advice on the site. Are you also an attorney?
Old Jul 25th 2004, 12:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, I am not an attorney. I never have claimed to be one nor are my postings done in a manner to suggest that I am an attorney. My disclaimer clearly states that. BTW in NYS my disclaimer is legal. My knowledge comes from first hand experience in working with the INS/BCIS/USCIS in obtaining a K-1 for my Canadian Fiancee, then AOS in NYC for my Canadian husband, and lastly his US Citizenship in NYC. These first hand experiences, as well as my study of kernels of knoweldge dispensed by Messrs Folinskyinla and Udall and my six plus years on this forum have laid the foundation of my very very limited knowledge.

Both Messrs Udall and Folinskyinla have said over the years that they have on occasion learned something new from postings of others on this newsgroup. The posters to this forum are worldwide and their collective experiences have allowed us insight into the workings of most US Consulates, service centers and district offices.

For us, personally, the AOS process in NYC took 23 months. Therefore, we had to pay for two EADs and two APs during this waiting period. While the need to complete additional forms and pay for duplicate benefits is indeed financially, physically and emotionally draining, I had only to remember that we were applying for a benefit not a right to provide balance.

Rete

Thanks for your input.
I would rather depend on your forum for the prompt dissemination of information as opposed to USCIS website, although USCIS bears looking at, too.
And by the way, just the other day Folinskyinia learned from the forum about the existence of e filing I-131 . . . so AILA members can also learn from this group as well as impart info. I imagine its hard to practice law and keep up with all the cutting edge stuff all the time.
I don't know how long AOS took when you went through, but in some venues its extended out to two to three and a half years . . . so yes some relief is due the AOS I-765 filers-- in terms of the EAD term as well as shortening the AOS wait period. Maybe technology implementation such as Infopass and extension of the Dallas Pilot Program will lead to the promised six month wait time.
By the way, you give a lot of good legal sounding advice on the site. Are you also an attorney?
Old Jul 25th 2004, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Maybe technology implementation such as Infopass and extension of the Dallas Pilot Program will lead to the promised six month wait time.

FWIW, the Dallas Pilot Program is a variation of a former Pilot Program which was tested in Dallas, Detroit and Saulte St. Marie, MI a number of years ago. With that PP, the K-1 beneficiary, after marriage, walked into one of the District Offices above with their I-485 and I-864 and walked out the same day as a conditional permanent resident with an I-551 stamp in their passport. There was no six month wait for security clearance and no need for an EAD and/or AP.

In another instance the Houston, Texas DO allowed that K-1 beneficiaries walking in for filing their I-485 were taken immediately into the office, given their EAD the same day and their AOS appointments within a few months from applying. They cut in front of the long waiting lines of AOS filers who did not enter the US with a K-1 before marriage to a US Citizen.

Kentucky is one of the DO currently approving K-1 AOS without interviewing in some cases.

In offering you these facts, I'm hoping you will see that by hounding the two immigration attorneys on this forum who provide us with revelant information and their store house of knowledge you are not aiding your cause of obtaining knowledge but causing a riff between yourself and them. This riff is unneccesary and unwarranted. Neither of these attorneys "told" us of these facts. They were learned by the lucky beneficiaries by experience and/or the information garnered on the USCIS site.

Rete
Old Jul 25th 2004, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

elenagreene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ironporer
Archie- after reading the majority of this colum (which was well answered in less than 10 posts) I have come to two utterly clear conclusions;

1) You need professional help. Go see your local mental health center.

2) The length of EAD won't matter in your case- your better half will be utterly, completely, totally fed up with your abrasive, rude, whiney, arrogant, holier than thou attitude within 6 months and will dump your ass for the mailman (at which time you'll be around posting how she "screwed you over" and how can you deport her).
and you ironporer must be a troll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.