Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahem.. You'll never guess what...!!

Good luck, hope it goes well. When's it happening? I think I missed that bit...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:32 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Good luck, hope it goes well. When's it happening? I think I missed that bit...
go on, tell us all!!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:52 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I think I saw you guys on TV over the weekend.
They must have changed the GMTV theme tune though. Something about "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?...".

I'm pretty sure I recognized Mr SambaPink in a wifebeater.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Well its almost 1pm here, and they are due at 3.. I'm very nervous now... just don't really know what to expect.. do you think they will film my house - or just have us sit down somewhere to chat..? I'm just trying to decide if its worth doing any house work

Has anyone watched one of those 'living the dream' type segments recently?? Ahhhhh what was I thinking agreeing to this.. !!!!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I think I saw you guys on TV over the weekend.
They must have changed the GMTV theme tune though. Something about "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?...".

I'm pretty sure I recognized Mr SambaPink in a wifebeater.
They said they wouldn't air that...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:04 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sambapink
Well its almost 1pm here, and they are due at 3.. I'm very nervous now... just don't really know what to expect.. do you think they will film my house - or just have us sit down somewhere to chat..? I'm just trying to decide if its worth doing any house work

Has anyone watched one of those 'living the dream' type segments recently?? Ahhhhh what was I thinking agreeing to this.. !!!!!!!
House work? Just clean one spot. They will have a sit down with you and that will be that. Really you are thinking of cleaning? Bloody hell show someone a camera and they will do almost anything.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:08 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

My bet is they'll film your house. An outside, establishing shot too.
Probably some nice landscaping outside/palm trees etc.
Just to play up the "paradise" thing.

No point just sitting you in some anonymous room somewhere. People want to see the lovely bits - or how they imagine it to be. Anything to reinforce that will make it in the segment.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

They said they wouldn't air that...
In all seriousness, don't say ANYTHING that you don't want broadcast. If they tell you "don't worry, this is off the record" don't believe it. EVERYTHING will be on the record.

Have fun!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hatfield1
House work? Just clean one spot. They will have a sit down with you and that will be that. Really you are thinking of cleaning? Bloody hell show someone a camera and they will do almost anything.
Of course i'm thinking of housework!!! s'ok.. i've just shoved stuff in cupboards and put out fresh flowers.. That should do it..

There only going to be here a couple of hours, and it'll probably be a 2 minute segment.. really, how bad can it be...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:24 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
yep.
It would be great if they interviewed you guys...but wait are you expats? Perhaps you could improvise with a chorus of America The Beautiful and look like a couple of tools on UK tv.

And to the star of the show and more to the point, good luck with your interview, I'm sure it will go quickly and very well..

Last edited by Kali-forniarrr; Sep 8th 2008 at 8:43 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:48 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
And to the star of the show and more to the point, good luck with your interview, I'm sure it will go quickly and very well..

That is the nicest thing you've said on here.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:00 pm
Peace onion

Originally Posted by cindyabs
That is the nicest thing you've said on here.
I know. I just fell off my chair.

There are too many snide, snarky posts, cheap shots and non-sequiturs posted on this forum.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:06 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I know. I just fell off my chair.

There are too many snide, snarky posts, cheap shots and non-sequiturs posted on this forum.
naff off monkey boy, besides aren't you chained to an organ?

Last edited by Kali-forniarrr; Sep 8th 2008 at 9:20 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:20 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course i'm thinking of housework!!! s'ok.. i've just shoved stuff in cupboards and put out fresh flowers.. That should do it..

There only going to be here a couple of hours, and it'll probably be a 2 minute segment.. really, how bad can it be...
Well shoving crap in the cupboards is cleaning. It’s all about appearance. Good luck with it.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:31 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

ok well its 5:30 here....have they been and gone yet?...

we need an update...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.