Wikiposts

advice wanted

Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice
Default advice wanted

hi
my son has pending status for i485, and i765, he has his BIO appt on October 1st.

if he was offred a job before he got aproval, could he do the job for no wages until he gets approval?

Thanks,
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:08 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice wanted

Originally Posted by mrsvic
hi
my son has pending status for i485, and i765, he has his BIO appt on October 1st.

if he was offred a job before he got aproval, could he do the job for no wages until he gets approval?

Thanks,
No.

But he *can* go and get his Biometrics done now - no need to wait till 1 October.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

thanks, so how does he go about getting BIO done now? would that speed things up? and what about his appt letter?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Thanks,
NO. This is very important. He must have his Employment Authorization Document (EAD card) in his hand before he works or is hired.

thanks, so how does he go about getting BIO done now? would that speed things up? and what about his appt letter?
He can use his biometrics appointment letter to try for a walk in appointment. He can look it up, but many ASCs offer walk in service on Weds & Sats.
Who knows if that will speed up issuance of the EAD, but it is something under his control.

If the couple are financially unprepared for this now, he can always go home and apply for a visa the normal way.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

thank you
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:16 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'll add to what the others have said, if he is offered a job he *can* accept the job (even without an EAD), but he can *not* sign any papers as he would, at that moment, become a de facto employee of the company... and that's something he can't be until he receives the EAD.

Ian
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

If the ASC is not too busy, they will do the biometrics either early or even late. All they want to see is that the person is in the system for biometrics.

Lets put it this way -- the worst that can happen to your son is that they refuse to do it. However, the only time I've seen that happen is when the person shows at 8:00 a.m. as they are opening the doors.

By the way, I know that some people are quite remote from the local ASC, so that is a problem. I happen to practice in a city that has multiple ASC's.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'll add to what the others have said, if he is offered a job he *can* accept the job (even without an EAD), but he can *not* sign any papers as he would, at that moment, become a de facto employee of the company... and that's something he can't be until he receives the EAD.

Ian
Thanks Ian
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

If the ASC is not too busy, they will do the biometrics either early or even late. All they want to see is that the person is in the system for biometrics.

Lets put it this way -- the worst that can happen to your son is that they refuse to do it. However, the only time I've seen that happen is when the person shows at 8:00 a.m. as they are opening the doors.

By the way, I know that some people are quite remote from the local ASC, so that is a problem. I happen to practice in a city that has multiple ASC's.
thanks, i rang the offices at Tampa and Orlando, both said that you have to have appt. But if you think he can go and try to get them to do his Bio's i think he should try
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, i rang the offices at Tampa and Orlando, both said that you have to have appt. But if you think he can go and try to get them to do his Bio's i think he should try
Many people have been successful going in early to the biometrics appointment.

Rene
Old Sep 14th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Many people have been successful going in early to the biometrics appointment.

Rene
think hes gonna go wednesday, ill let you know how it went
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian
Ok he went for interview today they gonna let him know in a week time,but they very keen
he told them he cant sign any papers until he has his EAD.

However,as its a soccer coaching job could he not just help out without signing any papers ?
or is that a no no too?

Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:22 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ok he went for interview today they gonna let him know in a week time,but they very keen

However,as its a soccer coaching job could he not just help out without signing any papers ?
or is that a no no too?

Thanks
Why do you want your own kid to face the consequences of bending US immigration law? Don't you want him here for the long term?

sheesh, I do not understand.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

or is that a no no too?

Thanks
Only if the position is really a volunteer position, as in no one who takes that job would ever be paid for it.

He cannot start the job he's intending to get paid for, but not get paid.

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Why do you want your own kid to face the consequences of bending US immigration law? Don't you want him here for the long term?

sheesh, I do not understand.

of course i do thats why im asking,i dont know any immigration laws and to be truthful if i hadn't found this site i wouldn't have known about this.

i just thought he could assist without getting paid,sorry for my ignorance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.