Wikiposts

advice please

Old Jul 24th 2003, 3:50 am
Just Joined

yleek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice please

i have just returned from the uk where i got married,my husband was deported from the usa last year and was givin a 10 year ban from re entering the us,he overstayed on a visitors waivia he overstayed for 150 days he was picked up at a border patrol while he was here he didnt commit any crimes nor did he work,he paid for his own flight back to the uk.me and my son(my husbands step son)then went to the uk where we got married,although the uk is a nice place me and my son both miss our family and would like to live back permantly in usa but also we dont want to be parted from my husband or my sons step father.i am thinking of hiring a attorney to see if my husband can come and join us in the usa but before i do that i would like any opinions that anyone has like is it worth getting a attorney or will that be waste of money?, has my husband got any chance of getting back into the usa?or shall we just wait for his 10 year ban to end?

please if anyone has any comments or advice it would be most appreciated
Old Jul 25th 2003, 8:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice please

Originally posted by yleek
i have just returned from the uk where i got married,my husband was deported from the usa last year and was givin a 10 year ban from re entering the us,he overstayed on a visitors waivia he overstayed for 150 days he was picked up at a border patrol while he was here he didnt commit any crimes nor did he work,he paid for his own flight back to the uk.me and my son(my husbands step son)then went to the uk where we got married,although the uk is a nice place me and my son both miss our family and would like to live back permantly in usa but also we dont want to be parted from my husband or my sons step father.i am thinking of hiring a attorney to see if my husband can come and join us in the usa but before i do that i would like any opinions that anyone has like is it worth getting a attorney or will that be waste of money?, has my husband got any chance of getting back into the usa?or shall we just wait for his 10 year ban to end?

please if anyone has any comments or advice it would be most appreciated
If you are living in the UK with some status other than 'tourist', you may want to investigate filing for your husband at the Consulate in London. Additionally, there are waivers to overcome the 10 year ban; a search of this group at google groups will help you find others with direct experience.

If all this sounds confusing to you, you may well benefit from retaining a lawyer who is well versed in your type of case.