Advice needed URGENT

Old Sep 21st 2015, 2:13 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1
timdog1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed URGENT

Hi im in a right pickle at the moment weather it be my fault or misunderstanding instructions from the us embassy witch I struggle with due to my dyslexia! Any way at the begging of April I went for a visa interview due to me getting rejected by my esta application. In September 2008 I was involved in a fight I really regret getting involved with where I ended up getting convicted of abh which this has proven to be something I regret for the rest of my life. I was under the impression of the women who took my interview that October would be ok to book due to it being 5 months when my visa waver interview was. So I booked it!! I have called this morning to see if there is an update and to be told there is a delay up to 6months instead of 5 This is confusing as I am flying out in just over 3 weeks and my application is still pending. WHAT CAN I DO my kids are looking forward to Disney and doesn't look like I can get a refund.
timdog1981 is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2015, 2:48 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 45
BerkshireBugsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice needed URGENT

I am certainly no expert on this but would like to welcome you to the forum even if it is under difficult circumstances for you and your family.

Have you booked a package holiday and is your partner (if there is one going with you) aware of the situation?

Sadly I think you are right about not being able to get a refund. My suspicion is that the holiday and/or insurance terms and conditions will not cover you for not having valid travel docs.

I imagine this is understandably a very stressful time for you and hindsight is a wonderful thing...be prepared for the answers you may get. I genuinely hope you get the matter resolved.

Sadly I don't think there is anything you can do - you are now in the lap of the visa Gods.

Good luck
BerkshireBugsy is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2015, 3:31 pm
  #3  
 
Pulaski's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Dixie, ex UK
Posts: 50,819
Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed URGENT

There is nothing you can do to expedite your visa, nothing. It will come when it comes, and to be honest there is absolutely no guarantee that you will even be granted a visa, rejection is certainly a possibility, so you were extremely rash in booking travel to the US before you had your visa "in hand", literally.

I suspect that your family will be taking the trip without you. Sorry.
Pulaski is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2015, 3:33 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 165
Springy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice needed URGENT

Sorry to hear about your visa delays. Someone posted in another group I'm a member of that they are still waiting for a visa following an interview in January. Their travel agent has allowed them to move the date (with some costs attached). Is this something yours would let you do? A friend of mine went without his SIL this summer as his visa wasn't processed in time.

Not what you will want to hear, but you might need to start looking at other options.
Springy6 is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2015, 3:54 pm
  #5  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice needed URGENT

Could somebody else take your spot?
scrubbedexpat099 is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2015, 5:01 pm
  #6  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed URGENT

Originally Posted by timdog1981 View Post
I was under the impression of the women who took my interview that October would be ok to book due to it being 5 months when my visa waver interview was. So I booked it!!
Well that was a bit of a silly thing to do.

This is confusing as I am flying out in just over 3 weeks and my application is still pending.
You won't be flying out in just over 3 weeks. Not to the USA anyway.

WHAT CAN I DO my kids are looking forward to Disney and doesn't look like I can get a refund.
Consider it a hard lesson learned. Maybe take the kids to Disneyland Paris instead.
materialcontroller is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2015, 5:40 pm
  #7  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 38,865
ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed URGENT

Originally Posted by timdog1981 View Post
I was under the impression of the women who took my interview that October would be ok to book due to it being 5 months when my visa waver interview was.
I've very sorry, but she lied to you... probably deliberately so you would have some hope!


I have called this morning to see if there is an update and to be told there is a delay up to 6months instead of 5.
Actually, it's taking between 7-8 months currently.


I am flying out in just over 3 weeks...
No, you're not... and I'm very sorry that you and your family are now in this position - but you absolutely should not have booked any holiday before you had the visa in your passport.


WHAT CAN I DO...
I'm very sorry, but there is nothing you can do - except try to change your holiday.

Ian
ian-mstm is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2015, 8:54 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Oakland County, Michigan
Posts: 846
NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed URGENT

As others have said - it doesn't sound like you'll be going anywhere. I would investigate the costs to change the name on the booking so that your partner can take someone else with them.
NatashaB is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2015, 10:03 pm
  #9  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice needed URGENT

It was taking about 5 months.
scrubbedexpat099 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.