Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

ADVICE: IMMIGRATION LAWYER DUTIES/PAYMENTS

ADVICE: IMMIGRATION LAWYER DUTIES/PAYMENTS

Old Jul 15th 2011, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE: IMMIGRATION LAWYER DUTIES/PAYMENTS

Since this thread has generally turned to bashing lawyers and is no longer really about immigration, perhaps a moderator can move this to TIO where it'll surely get the attention it deserves!

Ian
Old Jul 15th 2011, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

LITTLESTHOBOUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry...I'll have to look up TIO!!

As for lawyer bashing...I think you will find I threw in doctors and surgeons in the mix too, just to maintain balance!!

As for moderation...I think since I have remained civil (if not a little indignent) I'll go with the 1st Amendment on this one!

Have a nice day Y'All!!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LITTLESTHOBOUK

As for lawyer bashing...I think you will find I threw in doctors and surgeons in the mix too, just to maintain balance!!

As for moderation...I think since I have remained civil (if not a little indignent) I'll go with the 1st Amendment on this one!

Have a nice day Y'All!!
ciou
Old Jul 15th 2011, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

CIOU...?????????
Old Jul 15th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

iray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really nice

So who actually filled out all of your forms then? You, or the lawyer?

When you say the lawyer did nothing, I think you're clearly exagerrating. I mean they mailed everything in, you've said that much, but what else did they do?

If you pursue them with litigation, and it comes to court, what is your argumeng going to be? "I could have filled the forms out and filed them myself"? "But you didn't, and you chose to contract someone else to perform this service for you" would be the response I imagine.

And also, did you do any research at all on your own? Or did you just walk in to a lawyers office, tell them your situation and ask for them to represent you. Did you have any ideas which forms you would need, what documents to send, or did the lawyer ask you to bring her certain things and give you the forms to fill out? Did they review the forms and ask you to change anything?

I think if you literally walked in to a lawyers office with a complete application bundle, that you could just as well have walked in to the post office with and asked them to mail it to USCIS and got approved, then you have grounds to complain. If on the otherhand, you walked in knowing nothing, came out with a green card and are now thinking "Well that seemed easy enough, I could have done that myself", you should consider it a lesson learned for when it comes to your removal of conditions.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LITTLESTHOBOUK

Have a nice day Y'All!!
TIO- Ian meant Turn It Off. I had to look for this exotic abbreviation on the internet; used mostly on Internet chat.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:12 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostlove
TIO- Ian meant Turn It Off. I had to look for this exotic abbreviation on the internet; used mostly on Internet chat.
Or more likely Take It Outside, the sub-forum for controversial and argumentative topics.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

iray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really nice

Originally Posted by lostlove
No, in this case he's referring to the BE subforum Take It Outside!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jinx!

"ciou" on the other hand, I can only assume to be a misspelling of ciao
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

LOL!

Don't you just love it when someone tries to be smart, but FAILS right out the gate!! CIOU!! LOL!! (This is exactly what I thought!! Then I considered Ciao, but, then corrected myself and decided that it must be an accronym of some form or another that I would have to discover!!)

I wonder if Ian can see the IRONY of recommending TIO, when, with over 20000 posts, perhaps he should take his own advice!! Really 20000!! PMSL!! Ian...There's a big, wonderful, glorious, exciting, awe-inspiring world out there!!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Rant time over.

Thread closed.

Rene