Advance Parole Question

Old Jan 20th 2020, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

scaly back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advance Parole Question

Hello,

Just after new year I was paroled back into the US (via Dulles) and have the stamp in my passport that is valid for one year. A week after getting back I had my AOS interview and last week received my green card. Something that has just occurred to me is whether it will be necessary for me to leave the US prior to the run out date on my AP stamp and then re-enter using the green card?

I'm probably being overly cautious here, just don't want to mess it up at this stage.

As a side note, given the seemingly glacial progress of my application, they certainly don't hang around once you've had your interview.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 4:27 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advance Parole Question

No, once you have your green card your paroled status ceases and you are now a Legal Permanent Resident.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

scaly back is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Lizzyq, that's what I figured, but thought I would ask just in case there was some arcane rule that was a bit of a gotcha.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 12:13 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scaly back
Thanks Lizzyq, that's what I figured, but thought I would ask just in case there was some arcane rule that was a bit of a gotcha.
If there is I have neither found it nor been caught up by it and I was paroled in once with my AP card before getting my green card. Since then I have been out and in with the green card quite a few times with no issues at all.