Adoption

Old May 17th 2011, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

kloolga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adoption

Hi thank you guys for the help you provide last year.
ok today im speaking on behalf of my cousin(girl) she won the DV and came here with her husband(they dont really speak english). They have two biological kids and 2 adopted kids yes it is a total of 4 kids. the kids stayed in their former country. parents came here because if they passed september 2011 they couldnt come any later. so the condition is also the same for the 2 biological kids. Now she is trying to file the adoption for the 2 non biological kids which are her little brothers. she already has the paper work done from her country but we don't know what to file in the US. they called the US embassy in their country and they email them to file the form i-130. But i came to you guys because you gave me some very good advice when I got married last year as a person from outside of the US. And I also know that filing separate files costs a lot so please guide me on the process thanks.
Yes the parent already have their green card.
Old May 17th 2011, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adoption

Originally Posted by kloolga
... they dont really speak english
Please use words other than "she" and "they" because you, yourself, don't seem to have a complete grasp of the language. Use first names... it'll make it easier to understand your questions.

They have two biological kids and 2 adopted kids yes it is a total of 4 kids.
Who is "they"? Is it your cousin who has 4 children, or your cousin's parents who have 4 children?

Now she is trying to file the adoption for the 2 non biological kids which are her little brothers.
It sounds like "she" is one of the 4 children. Why is she be filing for her adopted brothers? Why aren't the parents filing for their two adopted children? It'll take many, many years for them to get a visa via your cousin... it'll take a lot less time if the parents file.

Ian
Old May 17th 2011, 11:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think adopting your two little brothers is going to count as an Immediate Family member.

Your friends need to see a lawyer. Is there an immigrant assistance group in their city?
Old May 18th 2011, 12:51 am
Just Joined

My cousin and her husband are the one that have the greend card the parent doesnt have one just their country citizenship beside their mom the 2 little kids is dead 10 years ago so...
So she doesnt need to file for her two kids on the i-130 just for the two abdopted ones even If their own kids are not in the US.
Ian I know that my english is not perfect but im doing my best in here and I saw many americans that doesnt write as good as I do but they speak just fine... but their grammar sucks...
Old May 18th 2011, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So she doesnt need to file for her two kids on the i-130 just for the two abdopted ones even If their own kids are not in the US.
Please answer each question:

Your cousin has a green card... Yes/No?

Your cousin has 4 children (2 natural and 2 adopted)... Yes/No?

If your cousin does not have 4 children, then what does she have?

All the children are currently outside the US... Yes/No?

I saw many americans that doesnt write as good as I do but they speak just fine... but their grammar sucks...
You need to be clear about what you're saying and what you're asking. If you don't explain things clearly, you won't get the best help. If you are not specific about what is happening, then we can't be specific about how to help.

Ian
Old May 18th 2011, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading between the lines:

Why were the biological children not included and come with them? They can certainly file for themas LPR's, a bit of a wait.

Nothing to stop anybody adopting overseas, whether it provides an immigration benefit is another matter. Probably not in this case.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Please answer each question:

Yes the cousin and the cousin's husband have greencards through the DV Lottery

Both yes and no. They have two biological children born of their marriage. The other two boys are not adopted. They are the cousin's brothers and the cousin is attempting to adopt them to bring them to the US. However, there is a living father to the two boys and as such probably will not be eligible for green cards even if adopted as they are not orphans.

Yes they left the children with someone to care for while they activated their visas. Do not understand why they did not bring their two biological children with them at the time they came to the US.
Old May 18th 2011, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Rete answered all the questions but let me do it again

Yes the parent do

Yes
2 biological and 2 adopted

Yes.

they didnt come because the parent didnt have enough money to come with them anymore they hoped to come here start working and bring them here. example: to have their interview each paid 800 dollars. that doesnt included medical exam and others.
so the airplane ticket for the 4 children will be a lot for them at that time.
Old May 18th 2011, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
They have two biological children born of their marriage. The other two boys are not adopted.
This contradicts what the OP actually wrote [emphasis mine]: "They have two biological kids and 2 adopted kids yes it is a total of 4 kids."

They are the cousin's brothers and the cousin is attempting to adopt them to bring them to the US.
It's unclear whether the cousin has 2 biological children and two adopted children, or if the cousin is one of the 4 total (which is why they are "little brothers").

Ian
Old May 18th 2011, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Ok they are 2 kids. 2 wich were adopted from her parents. and she has 2 kids(got pregnant). so a total of 4 kids. it is easy to understand i think. plus there is 2 parents total 6 persons. both parent are in the us. they are trying to bring the kids here what should they file. thank you
Old May 18th 2011, 6:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ok they are 2 kids. 2 wich were adopted from her parents. and she has 2 kids(got pregnant). so a total of 4 kids. it is easy to understand i think. plus there is 2 parents total 6 persons. both parent are in the us. they are trying to bring the kids here what should they file. thank you
They need professional assistance. Is there an immigrant assistance organization in the city where they live? You should refer them there.
Old May 18th 2011, 6:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes
2 biological and 2 adopted

OP - please correct this. They are not adopted. They are siblings and the sister of the boys is attempting to adopt. The adoption is not a done deal yet.
Old May 18th 2011, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Ok my question is does she have to put all the 4 kids name in the i-130 or just the one she adopted
Old May 18th 2011, 7:29 pm

Ok my question is does she have to put all the 4 kids name in the i-130 or just the one she adopted
If the question is 'list all children' she should list all of them.

You really should not be helping her complete an I-130. They could really cause problems for the whole family if they don't get some comprehensive advice.

I appreciate that you want to help family, but you need to make sure you are HELPING and not making things worse. It does not sounds like they have an additional $800 or so to throw away. Why throw their money if you don't need to?
Old May 18th 2011, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

Ok they are 2 kids. 2 wich were adopted from her parents. and she has 2 kids(got pregnant). so a total of 4 kids.
There are 2 biological children, 2 siblings, and 2 adults. It may all add up to 6 people, but there are many problems involved. She can't adopt her own siblings - they are not orphans as long as one parent is alive.

... it is easy to understand i think
It's easy for you... because you understand the situation. However, what you write down is not clear. It took 12 posts to find out enough information for us to piece the family situation together - and we are not stupid people. I know you're trying to help, but you are not really helping... because you can't properly explain the situation to others. They need professional help. They need a lawyer.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.