Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Administrative Processing Stories (221g) in US Embassy London

Administrative Processing Stories (221g) in US Embassy London

Old May 23rd 2018, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Lisahart28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Administrative Processing Stories (221g) in US Embassy London

Dear all,

If you have ever been in administrative processing please share your stories. Say a little bit about your background and hopefully the successful outcome of the 221g.

I am now in day 77 of Administrative Processing and if I am completely honest I feel like their is no hope left in the matter. I have no criminal convictions, am a dependent on a E2 Visa who I am married to and is currently living in New York. I have heard that you can go into Administrative Processing and never come out and I really hope that is not the case; but I wish that I could find some way to see some light at the end of the tunnel. E2's are 92% successful and I am hoping that they will consider me for a Visa before I give up on everything completely.

Sorry to be quite negative about the situation, but it is hard to see the positive in the situation.

All the best,
Lisa
Old May 23rd 2018, 2:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Administrative Processing Stories (221g) in US Embassy London

All the people I've known or read about in here have successfully come through AP. It's just a matter of waiting it out.

Rene
Old May 23rd 2018, 4:41 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisahart28
Dear all,

If you have ever been in administrative processing please share your stories. Say a little bit about your background and hopefully the successful outcome of the 221g.

I am now in day 77 of Administrative Processing and if I am completely honest I feel like their is no hope left in the matter. I have no criminal convictions, am a dependent on a E2 Visa who I am married to and is currently living in New York. I have heard that you can go into Administrative Processing and never come out and I really hope that is not the case; but I wish that I could find some way to see some light at the end of the tunnel. E2's are 92% successful and I am hoping that they will consider me for a Visa before I give up on everything completely.

Sorry to be quite negative about the situation, but it is hard to see the positive in the situation.

All the best,
Lisa
Any clue as to WHY you may be in administrative processing?
Old May 23rd 2018, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Lisahart28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Any clue as to WHY you may be in administrative processing?
I have no idea as to why I am in administrative processing if I am honest. I am going over as a spouse on an E2 Visa. I have no criminal convictions, have never visited a suspicious country - have been to Disneyworld, New York and Nashville the past seven years, my surname is Hart and forenames are Lisa Louise. I have always worked, am a Secondary School Science and P.E. teacher and therefore don't believe I am on the TAL. My husband was the main holder of the Visa and his Visa was issued back on 12th March after our interview on the 8th March where we were both informed that our visas had been approved; I received my 221g the day after and was asked for 15 years travel history, employment and address, names of siblings and past passport numbers.

Any help on your take of the situation would be greatly appreciated. It has unfortunately had quite a huge effect on me and seems a hopeless situation at the moment.

Lisa