British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   administrative process 221(g) with white form (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/administrative-process-221-g-white-form-669628/)

kishoreh1buk May 25th 2010 9:36 am

administrative process 221(g) with white form

Hi This is Kishore and hi have take H1b interview on 31 jan 2009 at london consulate. at that time my application was kept under administrative process 221(g) with white form and requested me to submit additional documents . I have submitted those requested documents on 19th jan 2010.how long normally it will take for the decision. problem is my visa is going to expire to stay in UK. if i go back to India UK how shoud my visa process is going at London consulate.if i contact them generally they are not going to reveal the time for dealing with my application.. i have all my experience and other documents with them. can i with draw my application form London consulate and can i give the interview again in India? is it Possible?

ian-mstm May 25th 2010 12:26 pm

Re: administrative process 221(g) with white form

Originally Posted by kishoreh1buk (Post 8588106)
is it Possible?

What advice has your attorney given you?

Ian

Noorah101 May 25th 2010 2:24 pm

Hi This is Kishore and hi have take H1b interview on 31 jan 2009 at london consulate. at that time my application was kept under administrative process 221(g) with white form and requested me to submit additional documents . I have submitted those requested documents on 19th jan 2010.how long normally it will take for the decision. problem is my visa is going to expire to stay in UK. if i go back to India UK how shoud my visa process is going at London consulate.if i contact them generally they are not going to reveal the time for dealing with my application.. i have all my experience and other documents with them. can i with draw my application form London consulate and can i give the interview again in India? is it Possible?

There is no way of knowing how long you'll be on AP. It can take anywhere from 2 months to 2 years.

If you are no longer resident in UK, you might be able to move your case to India....although in the middle of AP I'm not sure if they will comply.

You can probably drop the case in the UK, but you might have to start all over again with a new petition in India so you can get another interview.

Check with an immigration attorney to see what your options are.

Rene

uk_to_houston May 25th 2010 11:05 pm

Normally people who got stuck in Canada in AP fly back to india/home (with his passport) and as their visa is ready, the person gets a visitor visa for Canada and then get his passport stamped.

ian-mstm May 25th 2010 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by uk_to_houston (Post 8589828)
Normally people who got stuck in Canada in AP fly back to india/home (with his passport) and as their visa is ready, the person gets a visitor visa for Canada and then get his passport stamped.

Why are you talking about Canada? What does this have to do with the OP?

Ian

Noorah101 May 25th 2010 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by uk_to_houston (Post 8589828)

Even someone applying for a visitor visa can get stuck in AP. I don't see this as a viable solution for the OP.

Rene

lifehouse51 May 26th 2010 12:29 pm

What status are you under in the UK? The obvious thing will be try to see if you can extend the status. However, applying in a third country rather than your home country probably delayed things to begin with.