Adit photos in Glasgow

Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adit photos in Glasgow

Hi,

My wife and I are having a hell of a time trying to find a place in Glasgow to get her adit photo taken.

We tried to get over to venart, but that is £18 a photo plus taxis. When we did get over, we lost my wifes' passport, purse, and mobile in our taxi and were so distraught over that we just went home

We want to try and get this done this weekend if possible.

We were going to try Snappy Snaps in Glasgow and their digital camera is broke and their boss is on holiday.

We were thinking of going to a Tesco photo booth to get this done, but this is so risky.

Anyone get this done somewhere else?

I called every place in the yellow pages and everyone refuses to do them.

Thanks for any ideas, other than that it is back to Venart I guess.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:33 am
No Spam

Default Re: Adit photos in Glasgow

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:39:59 +0000, infotec28
<member12347@british_expats.com> wrote:

>Hi,
    >My wife and I are having a hell of a time trying to find a place in
    >Glasgow to get her adit photo taken.

Give the Consulate in Edinburgh a call. They have a list of places
that do ADIT (for info only natch). I never went to any in Glasgow
but went to one in Helensburgh and one in Edinburgh for my dealings
(got them off the list).

Old Jul 18th 2004, 10:06 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

hi

most photo studios would do it - just be sure to give them the exact requirements/sizes.

shame you cant get it done at snappysnaps - i had some done yesterday there, only £10 for 4 and took about 5 mins

Ant
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by antjen
hi

most photo studios would do it - just be sure to give them the exact requirements/sizes.

shame you cant get it done at snappysnaps - i had some done yesterday there, only £10 for 4 and took about 5 mins

Ant
Not necessarily. When my husband needed to get his made, he had a hell of a time finding a place as well. Apparently, because the photos weren't being accepted in London, and people went back to the studios complaining, a lot of the photo studios refuse to do them anymore.

Luckily for us, he came for a visit, and he ended up getting them done here in the US. This link is a list directly from London's website. I don't know if you've seen this before, but here it is.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...localphoto.htm

It shows 1 place in Glasgow, 1 in Edinburgh and 1 in Aberdeen. Since Glasgow may be closer for you two, I don't know if this is helpful or not, but it appears that your best bet is to get back to Venarts, or take a chance and just go to a photo booth to get them done.

Good luck!
Old Aug 24th 2004, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

went to venarts' nice people photos haven't been rejected yet

thanks for all of the support
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by infotec28
Hi,

My wife and I are having a hell of a time trying to find a place in Glasgow to get her adit photo taken.

We tried to get over to venart, but that is £18 a photo plus taxis. When we did get over, we lost my wifes' passport, purse, and mobile in our taxi and were so distraught over that we just went home

We want to try and get this done this weekend if possible.

We were going to try Snappy Snaps in Glasgow and their digital camera is broke and their boss is on holiday.

We were thinking of going to a Tesco photo booth to get this done, but this is so risky.

Anyone get this done somewhere else?

I called every place in the yellow pages and everyone refuses to do them.

Thanks for any ideas, other than that it is back to Venart I guess.
Hi:

Why are you trying to obtain ADIT photos. I'd recommend getting photos that fit the new standards, not the old ones.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cygnus is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport...otos/guide.pdf
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...hoto_photo.htm

Check these links for the new USCIS requirements. After 1st September, all photos must be full frontal facial and not the 3/4 photos.

Josie
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Adit photos in Glasgow

Originally Posted by Cygnus
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport...otos/guide.pdf
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...hoto_photo.htm

Check these links for the new USCIS requirements. After 1st September, all photos must be full frontal facial and not the 3/4 photos.

Josie
Received post card from DHS on 8/18/04 confirming receipt of I-130 application should this be ok?

Cheers