Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Additional Information for H1B visa

Additional Information for H1B visa

Old Sep 8th 2002, 4:47 am
Jorgeben1

Default Additional Information for H1B visa

I have read in one these forums that INS can request additional information to
finalize the processing of an H1B visa. My papers have been submitted about 10 days
ago along with the premium processing fee and I am becoming anxious. I want to be
prepared in case INS requests additional information. Has anyone received that
request from the INS? Any information is appreciated. Thanks

Old Sep 8th 2002, 10:57 am
Stuart Brook

Default Re: Additional Information for H1B visa

jorgeben1 wrote:
    > I have read in one these forums that INS can request additional information to
    > finalize the processing of an H1B visa. My papers have been submitted about 10
    > days ago along with the premium processing fee and I am becoming anxious. I want
    > to be prepared in case INS requests additional information. Has anyone received
    > that request from the INS? Any information is appreciated. Thanks

You know, it's precisely this reason why, if you're at all unsure about doing an
application one's self, one should consider hiring a *good and well recommended*
immigration attorney (There are lots of bad imm. atty's out there, so be careful).
Their job is to ensure that your application is the best that it can be and provide
the answers to INS questions before they have to ask them.

You can't "be prepared" because you have no way of knowing what the INS might ask!
Note that this will go to the employer. Just make sure that it is all done in as
quick, timely and accurate a manner as possible if you do get an RFE (Request for
Evidence).

Old Sep 8th 2002, 1:49 pm
Jorgeben1

I did used an attorney but I am just becoming anxious. Thanks for your reply Stuart
Brook <[email protected] > wrote in message news:[email protected]
or.spam.att.canada.ca
    > jorgeben1 wrote:
    > >
    > > I have read in one these forums that INS can request additional
information
    > > to finalize the processing of an H1B visa. My papers have been
submitted
    > > about 10 days ago along with the premium processing fee and I am
becoming
    > > anxious. I want to be prepared in case INS requests additional
information.
    > > Has anyone received that request from the INS? Any information is appreciated.
    > > Thanks
    > You know, it's precisely this reason why, if you're at all unsure about doing an
    > application one's self, one should consider hiring a *good and well recommended*
    > immigration attorney (There are lots of bad imm. atty's out there, so be careful).
    > Their job is to ensure that your application is the best that it can be and provide
    > the answers to INS questions before they have to ask them.
    > You can't "be prepared" because you have no way of knowing what the INS might ask!
    > Note that this will go to the employer. Just make sure that it is all done in as
    > quick, timely and accurate a manner as possible if you do get an RFE (Request for
    > Evidence).

Old Sep 8th 2002, 1:55 pm
Jorgeben1

I did used an attorney but I am just becoming anxious. Thanks for your reply

> Stuart Brook <[email protected] > wrote in message [u-
    > rl="news:[email protected] anada.ca"]news:3D7BD63F.8982BF45-
    > @not.here.for.spam.att.canada.ca[/url]...
    > > jorgeben1 wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I have read in one these forums that INS can request additional
    > information
    > > > to finalize the processing of an H1B visa. My papers have been
    > submitted
    > > > about 10 days ago along with the premium processing fee and I am
    > becoming
    > > > anxious. I want to be prepared in case INS requests additional
    > information.
    > > > Has anyone received that request from the INS? Any information is appreciated.
    > > > Thanks
    > >
    > > You know, it's precisely this reason why, if you're at all unsure about doing an
    > > application one's self, one should consider hiring a *good and well recommended*
    > > immigration attorney (There are lots of bad imm. atty's out there, so be
    > > careful). Their job is to ensure that your application is the best that it can
    > > be and provide the answers to INS questions before they have to ask them.
    > >
    > > You can't "be prepared" because you have no way of knowing what the INS might
    > > ask! Note that this will go to the employer. Just make sure that it is all done
    > > in as quick, timely and accurate a manner as possible if you do get an RFE
    > > (Request for Evidence).

Old Sep 8th 2002, 11:37 pm
Stuart Brook

jorgeben1 wrote:
    > I did used an attorney but I am just becoming anxious. Thanks for your reply

Yeah, and you could be run over by a car tomorrow while walking to your car in the
car park. Please ensure you're prepared for that! :-)

You've done what you need to do, now just be patient and deal with any problems if
they arise. No good getting worried about it.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 12:51 pm
Jorgeben1

Thanks Stuart Brook <[email protected] > wrote in
message news:3D7C8845.-
[email protected]
    > jorgeben1 wrote:
    > >
    > > I did used an attorney but I am just becoming anxious. Thanks for your reply
    > Yeah, and you could be run over by a car tomorrow while walking to your car in the
    > car park. Please ensure you're prepared for that! :-)
    > You've done what you need to do, now just be patient and deal with any problems if
    > they arise. No good getting worried about it.