Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Actually receiving my notice of approval

Actually receiving my notice of approval

Old May 17th 2018, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

sinead.murtagh is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Actually receiving my notice of approval

Hi Guys,

My work have processed a request for a L1B visa and currently my status is approved. They had paid for premium processing for the application, although it has still taken 5 months so far, but we have done everything we need to do for this application.

We did receive a notice of action to provide a duplicate copy of the entire application in order for them to send out the actual approval notice, so I can arrange for my interview at the embassy. We sent this with an I-824 form and processing fee and received a receipt, but were under the impression that this would be sent out immediately after they received the duplicate copy, however it has already been a month since they received it.

Today we called USCIS and gave them my receipt number and they said it can take up to 6 months to receive the actual approval notice letter!!! I have never heard it taking this long once someone is approved and wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated!!

Thanks,
Sinead
Old May 17th 2018, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Actually receiving my notice of approval

Originally Posted by sinead.murtagh
Hi Guys,

My work have processed a request for a L1B visa and currently my status is approved. They had paid for premium processing for the application, although it has still taken 5 months so far, but we have done everything we need to do for this application.

We did receive a notice of action to provide a duplicate copy of the entire application in order for them to send out the actual approval notice, so I can arrange for my interview at the embassy. We sent this with an I-824 form and processing fee and received a receipt, but were under the impression that this would be sent out immediately after they received the duplicate copy, however it has already been a month since they received it.

Today we called USCIS and gave them my receipt number and they said it can take up to 6 months to receive the actual approval notice letter!!! I have never heard it taking this long once someone is approved and wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated!!

Thanks,
Sinead
are you sure they paid for premium processing?
Old May 17th 2018, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

sinead.murtagh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Yes they definitely paid for premium processing and the application came back in the 15 days to say it's been approved, so I am now just waiting on the approval form - I just don't understand why that would take 6 months....after approving within 15 days!
Old May 18th 2018, 12:36 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sinead.murtagh
Hi,

Yes they definitely paid for premium processing and the application came back in the 15 days to say it's been approved, so I am now just waiting on the approval form - I just don't understand why that would take 6 months....after approving within 15 days!
Did the original get lost in the mail or something? I'm not quite sure why you need an approval form, the case should just be forwarded to the embassy and scheduled for an interview should it not?