ACRO Police Cert panic!

Old Mar 29th 2014, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACRO Police Cert panic!

Originally Posted by RetroRic
So what if I was to cancel my interview and reschedule it for after my trip?
Even if you cancel the interview, your visa application will be denied. Why? Because anything that isn't an approval, is a denial.

I won't have been denied so I can answer the ESTA questions honestly.
Sorry, but you can't shut the barn door... the horse has already left!

And for arguments sake, what if I decided to abandon my travel plans?
It'll make no difference whatsoever to your application.

Surely acceptance or denial can't be that black and white?
Actually, it is. Anything that isn't an approval, is a denial... anything!

Ian
Old Mar 29th 2014, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

RetroRic is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I paid the fee in February. Are you going to tell me that as soon as the fee is paid, I'm denied until accepted?
Old Mar 29th 2014, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Hypothetically, let's say I've decided to take a trip to the US later in the year for longer than 90 days meaning I'd require a visa. So if I reschedule my appointment for later in the year, what's to stop me travelling under ESTA in the next couple of months for a holiday that's less than 90 days?

Are US immigration gonna have my pending application process on their computers or something?
Old Mar 29th 2014, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the hypothetical questions - as my attorney friends would say "it is what it is".

You have applied for a visa so just go through with the process.

There are, broadly speaking, three possible outcomes:
  1. You get the visa - everything is OK - done - end of story.
  2. You don't get the visa - but only because the CO thinks that you don't need a visa because you are actually eligible to use the VWP. You must disclose the visa denial on any future ESTA applications, and it is quite likely that an ESTA application in the near future will be denied, but that a later one (perhaps in 6 months time) will be successful. Also, you have nothing to lose (apart from the application fee) in trying for ESTA immediately after a visa denial - you might be lucky and as far as I know , even if it is denied, it won't affect your future chance of approval.
  3. You don't get the visa for some more serious reason - then you have to deal with whatever came up at the interview.
Old Mar 30th 2014, 2:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Hypothetically, let's say...
Let's not deal with hypotheticals! Hypothetically, JFK was killed by death rays from Mars! Instead of trying to make up hypotheticals, I suggest you simply deal with reality.

Bottom line - you made an assumption based on poor information... and you may get burned. Go to the interview and see what happens!

Ian
Old Mar 30th 2014, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Yeah, yeah, and if your aunt had bollocks she'd be your uncle, I know. Thers 's more than one way to skin a cat though, I'm just trying to assess all the angles, regardless if anyone thinks the fat lady is singing.

Like if you can't pay a credit card bill, most people would say you owe the money, pay it back simple. When the reality is, some people can just easily throw it down the well, forget about it and when the debt collectors start asking, ignore them and in 6 years the debt will be unrecoverable because of the statute of limitations.

I'm quite prepared for the reality of going to the interview. Im used to being let down and having shit luck, but I'd be interested in understanding the system a little better, nothing is airtight.

So points of contention are these and I'd be really greatful if anyone can give insight to the following.

1) Will US immigration have records of my Visa application at this point? I've paid the fee but had no interview yet.

2) Having not yet gone through the due process of applying for a visa in full (as I've not been to my interview yet) is the the current status of my visa DENIED?

Waes hael!
Old Mar 30th 2014, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

2) Having not yet gone through the due process of applying for a visa in full (as I've not been to my interview yet) is the the current status of my visa DENIED?
Yes
Old Mar 30th 2014, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

1) Will US immigration have records of my Visa application at this point?
US immigration most definitely does have that record... because you applied for a visa at a US Consulate. If, however, you're asking whether the CBP officer at the port of entry in the US knows anything about it... then probably not, no.

2) Having not yet gone through the due process of applying for a visa in full...
But you have applied in full. Whether or not an interview takes place has no bearing on the application. As I mentioned earlier, the horse has already bolted. If you don't show up, the visa will be summarily denied. If you do show up, it could go either way... so the only way this will end well for you, is if you show up! FWIW, you'll likely get the visa... after the officer stops chuckling!

Ian
Old Mar 30th 2014, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks very much for the info Ian and Marocco. I'm just a little apprehensive about the interview because of some of the things people have said in this thread and some of the other things I've read in other threads.

I'm leaning towards the thought that had I not been arrested before then my application for a visa might ring alarm bells as I'm only intending to travel for 60 days at most. Although, because I have been arrested before, to me the whole moral turpitude issue to be a bit of a grey area as there is room for individual interpretation. I'm hoping that they'll see I'm trying to play it safe.

What I'm mostly worried about is not getting the ACRO police cert in time, I think if that happens then I'll reschedule my interview and take my chances with the VWP as I can't see a positive outcome if I don't have the ACRO. I did post it Friday lunchtime and paid special next day delivery, got the premium service and paid to have it sent back next day, so fingers crossed it'll arrive this week and all will be a lot less stressful.

Oh and Ian, why would the officer be chuckling?
Old Apr 1st 2014, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Oh and Ian, why would the officer be chuckling?
I think Ian means the officer will be chuckling, as this is a mear petty thing compared to the convictions that some people have when going for a visa.

Mark.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Idiot is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my ACRO Police Certificate in Two Working days, I only paid for the standard service.

I did call them up though and I said I was worried about receiving it in time for my interview, but they said I should get it in time and then to my surprise it turned up a couple days later.