British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   ACRO help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/acro-help-940553/)

amberspy Sep 8th 2021 1:00 pm

ACRO help
 
Hi my husband has a b2 visa for 10 years but now expired
he’s has a appointment to renew at U.S. Embassy in London
12 years ago when he first applied his ACRO was NO LIVE TRACE
( was caution and fine during teenage years 37 years ago )
we applied ACRO last week it has NO TRACE 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
will U.S. Embassy expect it ?
if it’s changed to NO TRACE
us anything I can do to help
thanks 😊

BenK91 Sep 10th 2021 7:27 pm

Re: ACRO help
 
Found on the ACRO website:

Types of certificate



The applicant receives one of four types of certificate:


  • No Trace: There are no convictions, cautions, reprimands/warnings or conditional discharges
  • No Live Trace: There is a criminal record but this information does not appear on the certificate because it has been stepped down
  • Trace: There is a criminal record and all the information has been disclosed
  • Further information stepped down: There is a criminal record, however only relevant criminal record information appears on the certificate as some information has been stepped down

amberspy Sep 10th 2021 7:33 pm

Re: ACRO help
 

Originally Posted by BenK91 (Post 13050029)
Found on the ACRO website:

Types of certificate



The applicant receives one of four types of certificate:
  • No Trace: There are no convictions, cautions, reprimands/warnings or conditional discharges
  • No Live Trace: There is a criminal record but this information does not appear on the certificate because it has been stepped down
  • Trace: There is a criminal record and all the information has been disclosed
  • Further information stepped down: There is a criminal record, however only relevant criminal record information appears on the certificate as some information has been stepped down

hi Ben thanks for this
yeah was aware of that
but thing is 12 years ago was NO LIVE TRACE
now 12 years on its NO TRACE
It was minor thing but definitely not the point
I applied for SAR just incase nothing else I think if
but my worry they mite ask why it’s changed 🤷🏼‍♀️

Rete Sep 10th 2021 7:40 pm

Re: ACRO help
 
The original ACRO will certainly be on his computerized record. He should be prepared to bring any documentation that he used with his original B2 appointment with him and be prepared to tell him that the ACRO has changed from the last one.

amberspy Sep 10th 2021 7:44 pm

Re: ACRO help
 

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 13050032)
The original ACRO will certainly be on his computerized record. He should be prepared to bring any documentation that he used with his original B2 appointment with him and be prepared to tell him that the ACRO has changed from the last one.


yeah he definitely be prepared for them asking
unfortunately we don’t have any original paperwork which is a pity
Wonder if ACRO will help

Pollyana Sep 11th 2021 1:11 am

Re: ACRO help
 

Originally Posted by amberspy (Post 13050031)
hi Ben thanks for this
yeah was aware of that
but thing is 12 years ago was NO LIVE TRACE
now 12 years on its NO TRACE
It was minor thing but definitely not the point
I applied for SAR just incase nothing else I think if
but my worry they mite ask why it’s changed 🤷🏼‍♀️

If it was something minor than it has probably been weeded. Often happens with an old minor offence when there is nothing else on file.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:03 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.