Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

accepted for further processing in dv-2012 but worried may be ineligible

Wikiposts

accepted for further processing in dv-2012 but worried may be ineligible

Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:20 am
Just Joined

ElhamSh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: accepted for further processing in dv-2012 but worried may be ineligible

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Honestly, I really don't know how the US Embassy will view your education documents at the interview. All you can do is get them in order the best you can, and hope it's acceptable. It's not about what Iran requires, it's what the US requires.

Maybe I shouldn't have given you a specific dollar amount. Perhaps $25,000 will be acceptable. Again, it's all up to the ConOff at your visa interview. I still think it's a problem bringing that much money out of Iran, though, so even if you have that amount yourself, the ConOff probably knows you won't be able to bring that much money out of Iran.

Other Iranians I've known who won the DV lottery were required to submit an I-134 Affidavit of Support from someone in the USA.

Don't give up, anyway...follow through and go with everything you have, and hope for the best. Don't miss the opportunity.

khoda negahdar
Rene
Thanks Rene.

<< snip >>

I have another problem. My ID surname is Shokrifard Khanshir but in the TOR and College Diploma ,Khanshir was omitted. What shall I do?

I really appreciate your kind assistance and advise.

Yek donya mamnoon.
Eli

Last edited by Noorah101; Jul 18th 2011 at 7:43 am. Reason: snipped foreign language paragraph
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: accepted for further processing in dv-2012 but worried may be ineligible

Originally Posted by ElhamSh
Thanks Rene.

<<< snip >>>

I have another problem. My ID surname is Shokrifard Khanshir but in the TOR and College Diploma ,Khanshir was omitted. What shall I do?

I really appreciate your kind assistance and advise.

Yek donya mamnoon.
Eli
Hi Eli, sorry for snipping your post, but only short non-English phrases are allowed on the site. If you want to chat in Farsi, we can do that via PM, although I can't give any immigration information that way...but we can communicate in general via PM in Farsi.

I understood what you wrote, and will send you a PM to follow up.

Regarding your surname, it should be OK the way it is. My Iranian husband had a 2-word last name like you do, but some of his official documents were using the first word only, just like your college diploma. It wasn't an issue during any part of his immigration process.

Rene
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:00 am
Just Joined

ElhamSh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Eli, sorry for snipping your post, but only short non-English phrases are allowed on the site. If you want to chat in Farsi, we can do that via PM, although I can't give any immigration information that way...but we can communicate in general via PM in Farsi.

I understood what you wrote, and will send you a PM to follow up.

Regarding your surname, it should be OK the way it is. My Iranian husband had a 2-word last name like you do, but some of his official documents were using the first word only, just like your college diploma. It wasn't an issue during any part of his immigration process.

Rene
Hello Rene,

Can you pls advise if now I can send the required documents below for interview qualification? Are they valid?
* Diploma and TOR , as issued by the University but not authenticated yet by the Dept of Educ and DFA and Iran Embassy in Philippines.

* Diploma and TOR do not have my 2nd surname.

When shall a Sponsorship letter is required? Before interview? How long may it takes for me to receive the appointment date in case my docs are qualified?

Sorry I thought you are an Iranian .So your husband is. I am half filipino- half Iranian.

Salam beresun,

Eli
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElhamSh
Hello Rene,

Can you pls advise if now I can send the required documents below for interview qualification? Are they valid?
* Diploma and TOR , as issued by the University but not authenticated yet by the Dept of Educ and DFA and Iran Embassy in Philippines.

* Diploma and TOR do not have my 2nd surname.
I'm sorry, I don't know very much about the details of the DV process. I don't know if you'll be requested to send those documents in, or bring them to the interview, or what.

If you get requested to send something in, go ahead and send whatever you have. If it's not right, they will let you know, and give you time to submit the correct document.

When shall a Sponsorship letter is required? Before interview?
I believe the I-134, if one is indeed needed, is required at the interview.

How long may it takes for me to receive the appointment date in case my docs are qualified?
I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to this one. Are you interviewing in Turkey or Dubai? Just curious.

Sorry I thought you are an Iranian .So your husband is. I am half filipino- half Iranian.
That's OK, I'm American, but I speak Farsi fluently. My husband is the Iranian immigrant, he came over to the USA on a K-1 fiance visa.

I have sent you a PM.

Rene