Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

About to start O1A application - again.

About to start O1A application - again.

Old Feb 19th 2021, 3:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: About to start O1A application - again.

It is no different to say a B, which is usually valid for 10 years, no need to use it all or you could on the first or last day of its validity.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 9:21 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

In reading this thread, this retired immigration attorney is feeling whipsawed about what and how OP is seeking. Fortunately, she is seeking legal advice.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, thanks all. Looking back through the notes given by my previous attorney, he had indicated that i had a window of 6 months to kick the VISA in from date of issuance, but in fairness, he wasn't 100% sure.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 8:45 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mic1
Okay, thanks all. Looking back through the notes given by my previous attorney, he had indicated that i had a window of 6 months to kick the VISA in from date of issuance, but in fairness, he wasn't 100% sure.
If he wasn't sure about that I would check the notes very carefully.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 9:08 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mic1
maybe look at the USCIS rules:
https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-m-chapter-9

I seem to recall you posting years ago about moving here to set-up a tool company. Is this the same project? We don’t see many O1’s here and I only ever met one person who came on one, she worked in marketing for a big personal care company and I was surprised that was the visa she came on, but it made more sense when she explained it, she could show the marketing campaigns she had developed. TV adds, print adds etc, I had always associated it more with athletes, bands and Nobel prize winners...

I guess it’s a bit like the Guiness book of records... choose something obscure enough and you can be the worlds best at it...

Last edited by tht; Feb 21st 2021 at 9:35 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
maybe look at the USCIS rules:
https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-m-chapter-9

I seem to recall you posting years ago about moving here to set-up a tool company. Is this the same project? We don’t see many O1’s here and I only ever met one person who came on one, she worked in marketing for a big personal care company and I was surprised that was the visa she came on, but it made more sense when she explained it, she could show the marketing campaigns she had developed. TV adds, print adds etc, I had always associated it more with athletes, bands and Nobel prize winners...

I guess it’s a bit like the Guiness book of records... choose something obscure enough and you can be the worlds best at it...
Thanks TNT. i will study that link

Yes, it is the same project. For various reasons, i can't go into too much detail about the scope of the project but prior to engaging the attorney who has since retired, 3 prior attorney consultations came up with the guidance - that an O1A was the way to go.

Like you, i had always associated it with 'David Beckham' type people but it's simply not the case.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lizzyq
If he wasn't sure about that I would check the notes very carefully.
Thanks, we're not actually using him but most of the info he gave seems to be pretty much on point........