about to fill out the I-129F...

Old Oct 24th 2004, 12:29 am
Just Joined

mcface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default about to fill out the I-129F...

and I have one simple question. I downloaded the form from the USCIS website, and since it's a .pdf file, thought I would be able to type in the fields. Apparantly, that's not the case. I'm sure it is, but just to be safe, is it okay to print in those fields with ink instead, or is there something wrong with my Acrobat Reader?
Old Oct 24th 2004, 1:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: about to fill out the I-129F...

Originally Posted by mcface
I'm sure it is, but just to be safe, is it okay to print in those fields with ink instead, or is there something wrong with my Acrobat Reader?
It's always okay to fill in the forms in ink, but I remember reading a while back that there are fillable PDF forms available at some web site. I can't for the life of me remember where that is, but I'm sure someone here will know.

Ian
Old Oct 24th 2004, 1:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's always okay to fill in the forms in ink, but I remember reading a while back that there are fillable PDF forms available at some web site. I can't for the life of me remember where that is, but I'm sure someone here will know.

Ian
Here's a fillable pdf I-129F form:

http://www.visapro.com/Download/Alie...e-Petition.pdf

The only downfall is that if you have only the Acrobat Reader, it won't save your work. You have to triple-check that everything is correct, and then print. Once you close it, and open it again, all your typing is gone. The form is saved but your typing is not.

If you have the full Acrobat program, evidently the typing can be saved then.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Oct 24th 2004, 1:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you have the full Acrobat program, evidently the typing can be saved then.
Aye, that's the problem, though i think there might be a few free acrobat clones out there if you don't want or need to pay for the full prog.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

JessInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot guys, that really helped!

-Jess