Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

9 months in Admin Processing for a B1/B2!

9 months in Admin Processing for a B1/B2!

Old Jul 18th 2013, 3:58 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9 months in Admin Processing for a B1/B2!

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Dublin is kind of a long haul from Melbourne though, isn't it? (Not sure, every one knows that we Americans aren't too swift when it comes to world geography.)

Regards, JEff

I sometimes forget that although this is a forum for British people others from different starting points post.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Malcolmans is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your feedback and insights. I guess there is only one way to find out if they can travel to the US.

Is anyone aware of any other cases (perhaps someone on this forum) where a person traveled to the US on ESTA even while the visa was under AP?

Thanks again
Old May 7th 2014, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

hi everyone.

Just a quick update on my case: there is absolutely no update!!!

I have been under Admin Processing approaching two years now. I am not aware of a single precedent for my case. I admit that getting a flat out rejection would be better than waiting for almost 2 years without a hint as to what the hell is going on.

I can't even contact the consulate directly or speak to an actual human being about this. Why on earth would it take this long is beyond me.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Malcolmans; May 7th 2014 at 5:40 pm.
Old May 7th 2014, 5:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malcolmans
Thanks everyone for your feedback and insights. I guess there is only one way to find out if they can travel to the US.

Is anyone aware of any other cases (perhaps someone on this forum) where a person traveled to the US on ESTA even while the visa was under AP?

Thanks again
Originally Posted by Malcolmans
hi everyone.

Just a quick update on my case: there is absolutely no update!!!

I have been under Admin Processing approaching two years now. I am not aware of a single precedent for my case. I admit that getting a flat out rejection would be better than waiting for almost 2 years without a hint as to what the hell is going on.

I can't even contact the consulate directly or speak to an actual human being about this. Why on earth would it take this long is beyond me.

Any thoughts?
You mean your dad? According to your previous post, he gained an approved ESTA back in July 2013. Was he not able to travel using that?

Rene
Old May 8th 2014, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

He did get an approved ESTA but never used it to travel to the US. Thought it was safer to wait for the visa than to go there and be returned home.
Old May 8th 2014, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

You said they were well travelled, had been to 40 countries, did they go to a country that America doesn't like? Cuba, North Korea... that sort of thing? Was there anywhere those that were denied went to that those that weren't denied didn't?

It wouldn't surprise me if you could all get ESTAs now. (And I would dispute that there has been any sort of denial, it's only denied when they say it's denied, not when they just don't say it's approved, otherwise you could say a visa has been denied the day after you sent off the forms for it!)
Old May 8th 2014, 11:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jscl
... otherwise you could say a visa has been denied the day after you sent off the forms for it!
I dispute your previously disputed comment...

So, as absurd as it might sound, and since there are only two possible outcomes from a visa application (approval or denial), then until such time as the visa is actually approved, then yes - it is considered denied... even prior to adjudication. I submit that all visa applications are denied until such time as they are approved.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me!

Ian