601 Approved !!! YEAH BABY!!!!!

Old Jan 3rd 2003, 3:22 pm
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 601 Approved !!! YEAH BABY!!!!!

Hi Group!
This is Carla and Pete somewhat overjoyed to say the least.
We are please to say that we have just heard that Pete's 601 Waiver has been approved. It had actually been approved just before Christmas but due to the Holidays etc. The embassy hadnt had chance to mail the notification out to him.
We had gotten a little twitchy as we were well into week 6 from filing the waiver, so as a matter of course, we had contacted her congremans INS Liason officer and asked her advice. She had asked us to send her a copy of the I797 and my letter of events leading up to the refusal at my interview.
When she saw this information, she said something that gave us great hope.

Carla Says..

Im rather upset as it did not go as planned. I was supposed to be woken up in the wee hours of the morning by an elated Pete telling me that he had recieved a letter and was coming home. Instead I woke up this morning did my usual routine and was chatting with my love when about 9:10 am my phone wrang and it was the INS representative of our congressmans office.
She said good morning Carla, I am very pleased to say I have good news.

I just recieved a response from the consulates office and it says
that Peter was approved. The consulate would be contacting Peter for an appointment so that the visa can be issued.

I began crying, Pete could see me on NetMeeting but not hear but due to a small driver and Windows ME problem with my PC which causes the sound to lock out and needs a reboot every so often. I was doing a charades with him...
It was the tears of joy and the wild gesticulation of pointing at me (pete) and then her (Carla) indicating that I would be be with her that gave it away. :-)

Timeline as follows..

Mailed I29F Sep 23 2002
1st NOA on 28th Sept.
Notice of approval 1st Nov 2002
Interview & Medical 19th Nov 2002
601 Filed 25th Nov.
Heard of approval of before Xmas 2002 , 3rd Jan 2003

Due to the circumstances of our denial initially, I need to emphasise that most 601 applications need an attorney to handle it. We didnt use one this time and followed the general layout of Doc Steen's suggestions.
Again.. Due to our specific circumstances. I do strongly recommend you consult an attorney.. I do have a couple of names and addresses of US Immigration Atorneys in London if anyone requires.. Please contact me off list if you want any details etc.

Love , hugs and a Happy new year to everyone.
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

BogieLarue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 601 Approved !!! YEAH BABY!!!!!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! It looks like it will be a fantastic year for the two of you! Congratulations again!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 4:53 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats from another Brummie Couple

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pete F
Pete and Carla CONGRATULATIONS from Steve (Brum) and Cindy (GA).
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

hazelize is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congratulations!

That is wonderful news! On January 15, my us fiance and I are about to embark on the same journey. I need to apply for the 601 waiver aswell, and must say that this whole thing is nerve wrecking.

It would be helpful/ re assuring for me if you were able to tell me a little detail about why you needed your waiver. I guess I am less than confident about being approved. Do you think we could discus this privately through email?

We have hired an AILA lawyer, so it looks like we are on track onthat aspect. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it on my own, and this is just to important for us to make any "mistakes" and risk denial.

Thank you, I hope to hear from you soon
Glenda
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Petes Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah baby yeah!!!

Im sooooo excited!! Can ya tell? Okays well now its just get the visa and have a safe flight and I will be even more elated...

Thank you to all who have wished us well on this journey, its not over yet, Its just that hopefully we can walk it together rather than apart.

Glenda, it is very important as Pete may have told you, you MUST show why your fiance cannot move to Canada. It must be financial as well as emotional hardship. That is the key importance, not just your rehabilitation. Whie I congratulate on turning your life around well done! We all make mistakes and the only difference is those who learn from them and those who dont. Atta girl for your success.

We will keep everyone posted as we continue these last steps to obtaining Petes visa!

Sooo happy and so inlove I can't believe it! I just cant!
Carla (soon to be Mrs. Pete F)
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

im so happy for you both, ive been wonderring how your 601 was going over the holidays, cos it was a while since you filed it, but im so happy for you both, i hope they've given you a pretty quick appointment to go get his visa, i myself am still waiting on the FBI sending my file to london, its been 4 weeks so far, they said 4-6 weeks and they wouldnt give me any hints as to whether i will need a waiver, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it, i took your advice and told my husband of the possibilty and he took it rather well, but until london get my file im stuck in limbo, i was gonna try and prepare the 601 to take with me to the embassy as i live a fair bit away from london, dont really want to have to make several trips, if i need a waiver i can imagine it will be pretty straight forward, no criminal convictions just an overstay which led to a denial at the POE, so i guess i'll just have to wait, but congratulations to you both and i hope the rest of the process goes quickly and smoothly for you, happy new year to you both

dee
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

hazelize is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks Carla!

It is good to know that we will have to prepare to prove hardship. I can't imagine that will be a problem, as the reason he left Canada and moved back to the USA was because he couldnt find a job here, that pays him like his job in the USA would pay him. He couldnt afford to even visit his children for nearly a year, which is why he moved back in the first place, as well as the hardship on his children for not seeing him in long periods of time. What are they looking at for proving hardship to the US citizen??

Originally posted by Petes Angel
Yeah baby yeah!!!

Im sooooo excited!! Can ya tell? Okays well now its just get the visa and have a safe flight and I will be even more elated...

Thank you to all who have wished us well on this journey, its not over yet, Its just that hopefully we can walk it together rather than apart.

Glenda, it is very important as Pete may have told you, you MUST show why your fiance cannot move to Canada. It must be financial as well as emotional hardship. That is the key importance, not just your rehabilitation. Whie I congratulate on turning your life around well done! We all make mistakes and the only difference is those who learn from them and those who dont. Atta girl for your success.

We will keep everyone posted as we continue these last steps to obtaining Petes visa!

Sooo happy and so inlove I can't believe it! I just cant!
Carla (soon to be Mrs. Pete F)
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Petes Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Dee could you please post to Pete F offline, go to send pm above on one of his posts. He asked me to relay this.

:-) cheers Carla