Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

27 years since deported and now wish to go back as tourist

27 years since deported and now wish to go back as tourist

Old May 24th 2001, 2:18 pm
Posts: n/a

I entered US in 1972 on B! visa and aapplied for GC. It was denied and i was ordered
deported/excluded. I LEFT US ON MY OWN IN 1974. In my absence my immigration lawyer
filled petition in court which was also refused.

I moved to another Country and changed my citizenship 15 years ago, and in 1993
applied for US tourist visa and I was given a five year multiple B1-B2 visa. Due to
sickness i could not travel to US and visa expired in 1998.

Since then my new adopted Country has been placed in the list of nations which need
not have visa to enter US as tourist for up to three months.

Now my children wish to visit US and i do not wish for them to know that they can but
i can not enter US without visa as i was deported from there 27 years ago.

Could some good person please advice me, Do I still have to apply for tourist visa?
How many years you suppose they keep names of deported people in to active list at
airport computers to be able to be able to deny entry to people like me? Any comments
will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old May 26th 2001, 10:54 am
Posts: n/a

Because you were deported you require a visa in your passport to enter the U.S. The
good news is you had one in the past so you will be able to get one now.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.