Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

OF 230 required to open the provisional file?

OF 230 required to open the provisional file?

Old Jul 10th 2001, 2:12 pm
Brad

I have received conflicting e-mails regarding the OF230. When I fax the letter to
open the provisional file, the OF169,(which she has already signed), and the Notice
Of Approval letter, is this sufficient, or do I need to submit the OF230 also? What
has everyone done with this, thanks.

Old Jul 10th 2001, 7:12 pm
SSP
Just Joined

SSP is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that letter your faxing a standard letter or just like a cover letter?
Old Jul 11th 2001, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello:
FWIW: I never sent any kind of letter to open a provisional file for my UK fiance with London Embassy.
I was visiting him in the UK, in March, and I phoned the Embassy and asked them to send Packet 3 to him. I gave the lady my fiance's name and address over the phone, and he received it a few days later. However, I have seen that people have faxed copy of Approval Notice along with cover letter asking for provisional file to be opened. I hope this helps. Have you checked the faq?