Wikiposts

221g

Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

HmSmith2812 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 221g

My husband went to his immigrant visa interview on the 30th of July and at the interview he was told everything was fine but just needed a w2 from joint sponsor and it should take 5-10 working days to receive his visa. They kept his passport and gave him the 221g form with only the additional evidence box ticked. He was told to email in the w2 which he did at 8am on the 31st august. I have now checked the case status website and I put in his case number and it says he is under administrative processing... Does requiring additional evidence automatically put you under AP or do you think things have changed since they have looked at his case? Also it says his case was last updated on the 7th August any ideas what this means? I am so confused. Anyone else had a similar situation and if so how long did it take for you?
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:41 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 221g

Originally Posted by HmSmith2812
I have now checked the case status website and I put in his case number and it says he is under administrative processing... Does requiring additional evidence automatically put you under AP or do you think things have changed since they have looked at his case?
It's not uncommon for both 221(g) and a post-interview AP to result from an incomplete tax return.

Also it says his case was last updated on the 7th August any ideas what this means?
Yes - it means the case was updated on August 7... most likely as a result of receiving the W-2s that were sent on July 31. That's not the same thing as the officer receiving that information; only that the info was received by the guy who updates the website.

Anyone else had a similar situation and if so how long did it take for you?
Once the information makes its way to the case officer and once the officer reviews the information, the visa will most likely be issued. It could take a few weeks for that to happen... since the officer probably put the case file aside to work on other stuff.

Ian
Old Aug 12th 2013, 3:15 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Administrative processing is a very broad term covering all sorts of things post-interview. I expect that your husband's AP is for completion of the affidavit of support.

Regards, JEff
Old Aug 12th 2013, 3:22 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

You are in AP for any reason or none in between the interview and the actual issuance of the visa. My husband was even in AP for a half day or so after the interview (I completely freaked out) when it turned out there wasn't a thing wrong with his case and they were really just processing his file to issue the visa.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

HmSmith2812 is an unknown quantity at this point

CO said all was well just needed that form so hopefully like you say they are just processing the visa as we speak. I only just found out today I could check the status of his case. So prior to aug 7th update I have no idea what it said so it could be moving along! Fingers crosse as my dither and I are moving home on 30th of August and I know hubby would love to be coming with us!