212 (a)(7)(A)(i)(I).

Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 212 (a)(7)(A)(i)(I).

I don't have a problem with arranged marriages, as long as they are consensual and legal. However, as I mentioned in the other forum, the OP's daughter needs a tourist visa to enter the US. Unlike others here, I don't see where the need for a waiver comes from. Even with a visa (which probably won't be easy to get at this stage) it will be very difficult for her to get married before she and her fiance are at least 18.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Marocco
I don't have a problem with arranged marriages, as long as they are consensual and legal. However, as I mentioned in the other forum, the OP's daughter needs a tourist visa to enter the US. Unlike others here, I don't see where the need for a waiver comes from. Even with a visa (which probably won't be easy to get at this stage) it will be very difficult for her to get married before she and her fiance are at least 18.
Guys,
In layman's terms, 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I) means immigrant not in possession of an immigrant visa. Every applicant for admission to the U.S. is considered to be an immigrant unless and until he can establish entitlement to a nonimmigrant visa classification.

Has the OP been asked to return voluntarily - if yes she is not subject to any ban.
However I am not sure if she will be able to use VWP again - most likely not.

Kind Regrads
CCR
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:30 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

The problem I have with arranged marriages is the extent to which they truly are consensual by both parties. Fine for those that want them - whatever floats their boat but my experience of aiding young girls and women who didn't does admittedly shape a lot of my opinions on this. Anyway enough already about that, that's a discussion that should probably take place in TIO not this section

Arranged marriage or not, the comments I made would apply equally to anyone of that age planning on moving to the US to get married. That her father made the inquires in that respect is neither here nor there. Though obviously it does make me uncomfortable that this is being being discussed about her rather than with her. Sets the antenna twitching.

Incidentally, as far I read there was no mention of her fiancées age in any post I saw ( maybe I missed it) ??
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Reading the posts from other forums makes me think this is not the father posting here.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:21 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Reading the posts from other forums makes me think this is not the father posting here.
my money is on....... Professor Plum in the lounge with the rope
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:33 pm
Banned

rahmano-raheem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Songbird
my money is on....... Professor Plum in the lounge with the rope
Well I am amazed that you guys took this topic towards out of main point.

There is nothing like any forced marriage behind this all.

And we here to discuss legal issues, rather than social issues of arranged versus love marraiges.

as none of you can proof which one is better for us.

first, she went USA before, around 1 year ago. they both love each others.

Why She didnt post her self, as I dont wana involve her in this discussion unless i can find any good news for her, rather than reading love vs arranged marriages.

yes, i got to know about this forum from immigrationboards forum, and one of you right that she said she might join college there. as we had no idea that she will be stoped there, if we knew, we would considers all issues. its not against law, it was just didnt need that, as she was supposed to come back any way in few weeks.

if you guys have this thing in mind, that me as a father was making her mind, and she didnt want to get marry, then immigrant would not send her back to me, they would send her to social services here in UK.

come on guys, I am not sitting in India, and we are in 21st century, how can we force some one to get marry. for me UK and USA are at same level, why i want her to go there, when we have better life here in UK.

i really bothered for her, thats why came to this forum, to find any knowledge regarding this issue. and which i got so much, i got to know its not end of world or life time banned for her. its just small legal thing which can be manageable.

i will find good solicitor for us as well. at the moment me and my daughter just expanding our exposure and knowledge before contacting any solicitor here.

who ever come to these sort of forums, they already have problems and depressed thats why joind you guys, so give them positive hopes, rather than making them hope less.

thanks

RAM
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:43 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rahmano-raheem

And we here to discuss legal issues, rather than social issues of arranged versus love marraiges.

Why She didnt post her self, as I dont wana involve her in this discussion unless i can find any good news for her, rather than reading love vs arranged marriages.

yes, i got to know about this forum from immigrationboards forum, and one of you right that she said she might join college there. as we had no idea that she will be stoped there, if we knew, we would considers all issues. its not against law, it was just didnt need that, as she was supposed to come back any way in few weeks.

if you guys have this thing in mind, that me as a father was making her mind, and she didnt want to get marry, then immigrant would not send her back to me, they would send her to social services here in UK.

come on guys, I am not sitting in India, and we are in 21st century, how can we force some one to get marry. for me UK and USA are at same level, why i want her to go there, when we have better life here in UK.

i really bothered for her, thats why came to this forum, to find any knowledge regarding this issue. and which i got so much, i got to know its not end of world or life time banned for her. its just small legal thing which can be manageable.

i will find good solicitor for us as well. at the moment me and my daughter just expanding our exposure and knowledge before contacting any solicitor here.

who ever come to these sort of forums, they already have problems and depressed thats why joind you guys, so give them positive hopes, rather than making them hope less.

thanks

RAM
I am sorry, but this is getting very confusing. Did you post the original message? If yes, why have you opened another account? If not, who is the OP?
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sue
I am sorry, but this is getting very confusing. Did you post the original message? If yes, why have you opened another account? If not, who is the OP?
Actually I forgot my password. and there was no way i could get back, as forum was keep saying they sent my new password at my email. but didnt get. so at the end i made new one.

I am the OP.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

You say that she is 16 now, so a year ago she would have been 15. I don't know how old the fiance is, but keep in mind that the age of consent varies across US states, and in some of them the boyfriend would be at risk of prosecution, depending on his age.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:47 pm
Banned

You say that she is 16 now, so a year ago she would have been 15. I don't know how old the fiance is, but keep in mind that the age of consent varies across US states, and in some of them the boyfriend would be at risk of prosecution, depending on his age.
he is 23
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

he is 23
In which US state does he live?
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:55 pm
Banned

In which US state does he live?
NewYork
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:59 pm
Professional Drama Queen

And we here to discuss legal issues, rather than social issues of arranged versus love marraiges. as none of you can proof which one is better for us.
Why She didnt post her self, as I dont wana involve her in this discussion unless i can find any good news for her, rather than reading love vs arranged marriages. yes, i got to know about this forum from immigrationboards forum, and one of you right that she said she might join college there. as we had no idea that she will be stoped there, if we knew, we would considers all issues. its not against law, it was just didnt need that, as she was supposed to come back any way in few weeks.

if you guys have this thing in mind, that me as a father was making her mind, and she didnt want to get marry, then immigrant would not send her back to me, they would send her to social services here in UK. come on guys, I am not sitting in India, and we are in 21st century, how can we force some one to get marry. for me UK and USA are at same level, why i want her to go there, when we have better life here in UK. i really bothered for her, thats why came to this forum, to find any knowledge regarding this issue. and which i got so much, i got to know its not end of world or life time banned for her. its just small legal thing which can be manageable.

i will find good solicitor for us as well. at the moment me and my daughter just expanding our exposure and knowledge before contacting any solicitor here. who ever come to these sort of forums, they already have problems and depressed thats why joind you guys, so give them positive hopes, rather than making them hope less. thanks
RAM
Firstly, that 'Professor Plum in the lounge with the rope' comment was a joke reference to Cludeo, made because of the confusion as to who was actually making the post on this and the other board.

As to taking it off topic... like I said arranged marriage or not irregardless of whether it be the person themselves or a family member asking the questions, my initial response would be that 16 is an awfully young age to be entering into marriage, especially as the impression given in your posts were that they hadn't even actually met. You must understand that members of this board see a lot of posts from people planning to move to USA to marry someone they 'met' online but not in real life. It may well be that the person is truly the 'one and only' and it all works out fine and dandy when they do actually met up - but unfortunately that's not always the case. So that 'take a little time to actually get to know them before you marry' was/would be general advice to ANYONE making such a major decision.

Regarding whether this is an arranged or love marriage, then yes like I said my antenna did twitch. Not at the whole arranged marriage thing per see ( thats a much larger debate far better suited another section of this board ) but because of the apparent context of your posts. A father posting on behalf of his 16 year daughter trying to find a way for her to be admitted into the US to marry a man, whom it seemed she hadn't actually met. Then returning home to the UK to continue her schooling, visiting him during the school breaks. Hardly your average normal every day situation. That being said, I was uncomfortable with the fact that this whole conversation was being had ABOUT rather than WITH her. Hence my comments that for me personally she should be the poster. If she's old enough to marry then she's certainly old enough to make her own post.

As to your final point about giving people hope... understandably people (like I did myself) venture to boards such as this for help. However, you must understand that these are PUBLIC boards, with participants from all walks of life with varying opinions and life experiences. Rightly or wrongly ( I happen to think it's the former) those opinions will be expressed. That goes with the territory of a 'shared pool of knowledge'. You take from it what you will and ignore what you want to.

Finally, while I hear what you are saying about your daughter and wanting be able to give her good news and her not be upset I still feel that if she (and you) consider her to be mature enough to make a life commitment of marriage to someone, then she should be mature enough to deal with this.

just my 2 cent 'opinion' - take from from it what you will

Last edited by Songbird; Nov 24th 2009 at 3:01 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

NewYork
The age of consent in NY is 17. According to this article on Wikipedia, sex with someone younger than 17 is a "Class E" felony in that state ("Rape in the third degree") if the perpetrator is at least 21.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Songbird
Firstly, that 'Professor Plum in the lounge with the rope' comment was a joke reference to Cludeo, made because of the confusion as to who was actually making the post on this and the other board.

As to taking it off topic... like I said arranged marriage or not irregardless of whether it be the person themselves or a family member asking the questions, my initial response would be that 16 is an awfully young age to be entering into marriage, especially as the impression given in your posts were that they hadn't even actually met. You must understand that members of this board see a lot of posts from people planning to move to USA to marry someone they 'met' online but not in real life. It may well be that the person is truly the 'one and only' and it all works out fine and dandy when they do actually met up - but unfortunately that's not always the case. So that 'take a little time to actually get to know them before you marry' was/would be general advice to ANYONE making such a major decision.

Regarding whether this is an arranged or love marriage, then yes like I said my antenna did twitch. Not at the whole arranged marriage thing per see ( thats a much larger debate far better suited another section of this board ) but because of the apparent context of your posts. A father posting on behalf of his 16 year daughter trying to find a way for her to be admitted into the US to marry a man, whom it seemed she hadn't actually met. Then returning home to the UK to continue her schooling, visiting him during the school breaks. Hardly your average normal every day situation. That being said, I was uncomfortable with the fact that this whole conversation was being had ABOUT rather than WITH her. Hence my comments that for me personally she should be the poster. If she's old enough to marry then she's certainly old enough to make her own post.

As to your final point about giving people hope... understandably people (like I did myself) venture to boards such as this for help. However, you must understand that these are PUBLIC boards, with participants from all walks of life with varying opinions and life experiences. Rightly or wrongly ( I happen to think it's the former) those opinions will be expressed. That goes with the territory of a 'shared pool of knowledge'. You take from it what you will and ignore what you want to.

Finally, while I hear what you are saying about your daughter and wanting be able to give her good news and her not be upset I still feel that if she (and you) consider her to be mature enough to make a life commitment of marriage to someone, then she should be mature enough to deal with this.

just my 2 cent 'opinion' - take from from it what you will
Thanks for your kind words and time. I really appriciate.

For the time being, please put aside who raise this topic and the marriage thing.

if we say, what should be the solution for any one, who were going to get marry in US, and got 212 (a)(7)(A)(i)(I). stemp, what should we do for her to visit her fiance after getting this 212 (a)(7)(A)(i)(I) stemp on her passporte.

put aside when they should marry and how. I asked one simple problem, that how can we arrange some thing for her, where she can visit her fiance.

i request u all, that if you had experince of geting this stamp 212 (a)(7)(A)(i)(I). on ur passport,then whats steps you guys took to visit USA again. thats it.

if we stick to the topic, that will help so many other people who have same issue.

i only know and believe one thing, that I know my daughter more than any one. the decision she took, is with full happiness from all the family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.