Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

2004 NYC applicants – Anyone Approved??

Wikiposts

2004 NYC applicants – Anyone Approved??

Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

smoochas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2004 NYC applicants – Anyone Approved??

I am wondering what the approval rate for the “new� system is, especially for NYC. I filed in April of this year (based on marrige to a USC,) had my interview in June and was told there to wait 3 more months as they were waiting on a “National Security Check.� This is supposedly something different from the typical FBI check though no one really know what it is it seems...

Has ANYONE in NYC gotten their approval from application submitted this year/2004??

I am wonder this system is really "better" or "faster" than the old. The “queue� appears to have been shifted from “waiting for the Interview date� to “waiting for the approval letter.�

I am approaching the end of the 3 month wait and still no word from USCIS. What to do now?
Old Sep 21st 2004, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all
Default Re: 2004 NYC applicants – Anyone Approved??

Originally Posted by smoochas
I am wondering what the approval rate for the “new� system is, especially for NYC. I filed in April of this year (based on marrige to a USC,) had my interview in June and was told there to wait 3 more months as they were waiting on a “National Security Check.� This is supposedly something different from the typical FBI check though no one really know what it is it seems...

Has ANYONE in NYC gotten their approval from application submitted this year/2004??

I am wonder this system is really "better" or "faster" than the old. The “queue� appears to have been shifted from “waiting for the Interview date� to “waiting for the approval letter.�

I am approaching the end of the 3 month wait and still no word from USCIS. What to do now?
I am in the exact same situation, my husband and I hjad the interview in New York in May 2004, we were told that my security background check was not available yet. It has been more than 4 months now! it is really frustrating as my EAD is expiring soon I don't know if I should renew it.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2004 NYC applicants – Anyone Approved??

Originally Posted by Ndori
I am in the exact same situation, my husband and I hjad the interview in New York in May 2004, we were told that my security background check was not available yet. It has been more than 4 months now! it is really frustrating as my EAD is expiring soon I don't know if I should renew it.

I was approved yesterday, applied in June... Background check was done (obviously) by the time of the interview