Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

180 Days Nearly Up and Still No News!

180 Days Nearly Up and Still No News!

Old Oct 18th 2002, 6:04 am
C.S.I. Member

charsvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 180 Days Nearly Up and Still No News!

Originally posted by trburton:

My wife a Russian citizen was in US on J-1 Visa & we were married 7/13/1999. I filed the I130 & I485 forms & finally got ackowledgement on 9/15/1999
In Nov 2001 we were called for interview. We were told that her fingerprints could not be read by the computer. We sent to INS on 12/11/2001 police jurisdiction reports as requested. In Mar 2002 a status request said "still pending" in May a status request went unanswered. A request for Advance Parole went unanswered until Aug 21, 2002. My wife had to leave to see about her property & get her internal passport renewed. We made the decision for her to go ahead & I would meet her in Russia with the papers & we would come back together.
After visiting two INS offices it seems that my wifes' file has been misplaced or lost.
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MY WIFE & I CAN BE TOGETHER IN THE US AGAIN
Well it looks like we are in the same boat. We have been married for 3 years, have a child 2 years old. Went to final interview on August 1, was told that everything was approved, yet no final visa. I came home alone on Sept. 3. I have contacted the president, Colin Powell, 2 Senators and a Congressman No one seems to have the authority. Why does the Moscow Embassy have so mush power. I am sick. I miss my family. What can we do/
It is more than a brick wall. No one cares but us. I have decided that I must leave the U.S. for us to be together. I never thought my country would forsake me. Luckily we have her home in southern Russia & we both can live temporarily with my sister in Brussels.

I wish we could present a united front to someone in power.

Until then this forum acts as a support group.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 6:13 am
C.S.I. Member

charsvet is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife a Russian citizen was in US on J-1 Visa & we were married 7/13/1999. I filed the I130 & I485 forms & finally got ackowledgement on 9/15/1999
In Nov 2001 we were called for interview. We were told that her fingerprints could not be read by the computer. We sent to INS on 12/11/2001 police jurisdiction reports as requested. In Mar 2002 a status request said "still pending" in May a status request went unanswered. A request for Advance Parole went unanswered until Aug 21, 2002. My wife had to leave to see about her property & get her internal passport renewed. We made the decision for her to go ahead & I would meet her in Russia with the papers & we would come back together.
After visiting two INS offices it seems that my wifes' file has been misplaced or lost.
Well it looks like we are in the same boat. We have been married for 3 years, have a child 2 years old. Went to final interview on August 1, was told that everything was approved, yet no final visa. I came home alone on Sept. 3. I have contacted the president, Colin Powell, 2 Senators and a Congressman No one seems to have the authority. Why does the Moscow Embassy have so mush power. I am sick. I miss my family. What can we do/
It is more than a brick wall. No one cares but us. I have decided that I must leave the U.S. for us to be together. I never thought my country would forsake me. Luckily we have her home in southern Russia & we both can live temporarily with my sister in Brussels.

Old Oct 18th 2002, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

1. By departure without the advance parole in hand, the adjustment was abandoned. Its gone, done, finsihed.

2. However, your I-130 is technically still pending. In situations like yours I have found it difficult to retrieve that I-130 and get it adjudicated..

3. I would file a NEW I-130 with the Service Center noting the first one in the appropriate place. Once you get the filing reciept, file an I-129F for a K-3.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 9:55 pm
Chris Parker

> 3. I would file a NEW I-130 with the Service Center noting the first
    > one in the appropriate place. Once you get the filing reciept, file
    > an I-129F for a K-3.

Couldn't they file an I-129F with the filing receipt for the
I-130/I-485 at the local INS office (which was filed concurrently with
I-485), indicating the adjustment application was abandoned by U.S.
departure without an Advance Parole?

Along those lines, couldn't someone with an I-130/I-485 pending and an
Advance Parole theoretically apply for a K3 visa while abroad and
return with the K3 rather than using the AP (noting that entry with a
K3 visa is also recognized as an acceptable method of entry to
preserve the validity a pending adjustment application)?

Theoretical questions, anyway. I haven't heard any positive or
negative experiences or opinions here yet, however.

CP

Old Oct 18th 2002, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

[i]Originally posted by Chris Parker:
Couldn't they file an I-129F with the filing receipt for the
I-130/I-485 at the local INS office (which was filed concurrently with
I-485), indicating the adjustment application was abandoned by U.S.
departure without an Advance Parole?

Along those lines, couldn't someone with an I-130/I-485 pending and an
Advance Parole theoretically apply for a K3 visa while abroad and
return with the K3 rather than using the AP (noting that entry with a
K3 visa is also recognized as an acceptable method of entry to
preserve the validity a pending adjustment application)?

Theoretical questions, anyway. I haven't heard any positive or
negative experiences or opinions here yet, however.

CP
Hi:

I thought about using the reciept from the original 130/485 -- but I go by the theory that my job is to make it as easy as possible for an INS or DOS person to say "yes." I think the I-797 would look better than the cheesy little cash register receipt that local offices generate.

I just thought of another way to blast things out -- SUE THE BASTARDS on the I-130! A "mandamus" suit would almost certainly get an approval of that I-130 within 60 days! Why do I say 60 days? -- once served with a suit, the government has that long to file a formal asnwer with the court and US attorneys don't like crossing Federal District Court Judges who think they outrank God. You need a lawyer for that one, though.