Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

18 Years old Best Way to Immigrate to USA?

Wikiposts

18 Years old Best Way to Immigrate to USA?

Old May 7th 2005, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Talksoccer will become famous soon enough
Default 18 Years old Best Way to Immigrate to USA?

Hey all,

I been looking into immigration to america. I have a British passport as i have lived here all my life and my parents are from pakistan, so i have a pakistani background too. I was looking into the possibilties but i dont have many ideas, i was hoping people here can help. I looked into possible football coaching as a way to get in, its something i enjoy and i have a few of the qualifications along with a job many American people cant do as well.

Any help il be greatful

Thank you
Old May 7th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 18 Years old Best Way to Immigrate to USA?

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
Hey all,

I been looking into immigration to america. I have a British passport as i have lived here all my life and my parents are from pakistan, so i have a pakistani background too. I was looking into the possibilties but i dont have many ideas, i was hoping people here can help. I looked into possible football coaching as a way to get in, its something i enjoy and i have a few of the qualifications along with a job many American people cant do as well.

Any help il be greatful

Thank you
I'd imagine that in order for an organisation to sponsor an immigrant visa for you for soccer coaching abilities, you'd need to have acquired some sort of outstanding skill or credentials, which would promote the organisation to undertake the whole process.

Have you thought about a J-1 non-immigrant visa. There are numerous touring soccer camps in the USA.
Camp Counselors
A foreign national who is at least eighteen-years of age and either a bona fide youth worker, student, teacher or an individual with a special skill may qualify as a summer camp counselor. This category is limited to a four-month stay.
Old May 7th 2005, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to Immigrate on what you have said you have no chance. US is one of the hardest places to get into legally.
Old May 7th 2005, 11:48 pm
ftalha

I went to America at that age and really if you want moral values and
security you know the answer, forget the glamour. Go for the Gold of
your life Education and security and Religion.

You can make all those things happen for yourself where ever you are!
But these days US is just loosing economy and there is no security.

Take care
A Friend

Old May 8th 2005, 3:59 pm
amanda992004

Do you plan to go to college? In US? Try scholarships in US; othrwise,
it's so expensive.

Old May 8th 2005, 5:14 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

my parents are from pakistan
I am surprised no one has mentioned the lottery......

slim to no chance I know, but it's better than a slap in the face.
Old May 8th 2005, 10:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I am surprised no one has mentioned the lottery......

slim to no chance I know, but it's better than a slap in the face.
If he was born in Britain he's likely not eligible.

The best strategy for a young person keen to move to the US is to get professionally qualified in something like accounting or engineering, and look for a job based in the US. Easiest through a US based company or one with significant operations (owned or associated) in the US. For example, PWC or KPMG.

Nursing and most trades are also good options. Medicine and law are less clear cut.

It would also be a good idea to start learning Spanish.

Jeremy
Old May 8th 2005, 11:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
If he was born in Britain he's likely not eligible.
If his parents are from an eligible third country he will be.

such as Pakistan
Old May 9th 2005, 1:52 am
Just Joined

such as Pakistan
I dont think Pakistan are elgiable for the green card from what i read
Old May 9th 2005, 3:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

such as Pakistan
Pakistan was not an eligible territory for the last DV lottery:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1318.html

"For DV-2006, natives of the following countries are not eligible to apply because they sent a total of more than 50,000 immigrants to the U.S. in the previous five years:

CANADA, CHINA (mainland-born), COLOMBIA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, EL SALVADOR, HAITI, INDIA, JAMAICA, MEXICO, PAKISTAN, PHILIPPINES, RUSSIA, SOUTH KOREA, UNITED KINGDOM (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and VIETNAM. Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible."

Even if Pakistan was eligible, it would not be possible for a British born person of Pakistan born parents to claim chargeability to Pakistan if the parents were living in the UK at the time of birth:

" ... if a person was born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but neither of his/her parents was born there or resided there at the time of his/her birth, such person may claim nativity in one of the parents' country of birth if it is a country whose natives qualify for the DV-2006 program."

Jeremy
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Has anyone got any more suggestions, im still quite young so i dont get the procedure.

I was wondering what if i went for just 6 months possibly, will that work and how is that possible?

Cheers
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:55 am
Account Closed

Has anyone got any more suggestions, im still quite young so i dont get the procedure.

I was wondering what if i went for just 6 months possibly, will that work and how is that possible?

Cheers
6 months - You would need a B2, not easy for a person from a Visa Waiver country to get. You can not work, do you have the funds to support yourself?

VWP is good usually for 90 days.

Might be a good idea to understand the procedures, see USCIS site and US London Embassy site.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:12 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You thought about anywhere else in the EU? Wouldn't need a visa.

Also what about Canada and Oz? Pretty sure they have some kind of short term visa to go travelling with...Oz does at least.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
You thought about anywhere else in the EU? Wouldn't need a visa.

Also what about Canada and Oz? Pretty sure they have some kind of short term visa to go travelling with...Oz does at least.

I got family in New York and California (around Sacarmento) so im hoping i can get across there. I have a mate also in New Jersey who can help me out if i need to.

Im not big of europe, dont like most parts of it and it just dont intrest me. I have looked into Dubai too but still waiting to see if i can get something there but im also hoping to see if anything good comes up in the USA to keep my options open.

I have the funds to support myself and can last there for 6 months easily. Also i know i cant work, what if i find a job of the books, can you easily be caught?

Also what methods can i do to get the Visa suggested above?

Thank you for your help
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Look on the US Embassy London web site. Having family in the US makes a B2 less possible.

If you have family who are USC's they may be able to sponsor you, depends on the relationship, if they can you will have a long wait.

If Immigration have any concerns that you will work illegally they will not let you in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.