British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   1751 waiver (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/1751-waiver-654248/)

totally_broken Feb 12th 2010 4:04 am

Re: 1751 waiver

Originally Posted by fizzapal (Post 8333891)
thxs Lostlove for your input.

Hi Fizzapal

You case have some similarities with my case except you have enogh time to finalize your divorce. You have good evidence I will second Lostlove that you should concentrate on getting divorce first. If you haven't file it file it now. I wish all the best and hope everything will go smooth for you.

fizzapal Feb 12th 2010 11:30 am

my divorce attoney just called me few mnts ago and told me my wife refused to sign the divorce paper coz she filed for annulment .she said we never had sex and l abandoned her.which is not true coz l can prove her wrong.is ti agood l dea to fight annulment or wait and prove her wrong when l go for the interview

Rete Feb 12th 2010 11:52 am

I would fight the annullment. I'm not an attorney but if you nullify the marriage then perhaps the USCIS might think the marriage was of convenience.

If you have proof of having sex with your wife, give it to your attorney and have him bring it to the attention of your wife's attorney.

ian-mstm Feb 12th 2010 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 8337457)
If you have proof of having sex with your wife...

Not to get too graphic or anything, but I'm wondering how you would be able to prove that without it becoming a "he said, she said" thing.

Ian

Rete Feb 12th 2010 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 8337466)
Not to get too graphic or anything, but I'm wondering how you would be able to prove that without it becoming a "he said, she said" thing.

Ian

perhaps there is an e-mail to the effect that he was a stallion the night before.:blink:

Noorah101 Feb 12th 2010 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 8337466)

Ian

Home video? :)

lostlove Feb 12th 2010 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 8337512)
Home video? :)

Fizza:

Take note of the advice of senior members very very seriously. Annulment on the wrong grounds could have potential problems when removing conditions.

fizzapal Feb 12th 2010 12:36 pm

l think u guys are wright.its gonna be hard to prove.that being said how should l take it from here?please help.shes driving me nuts now

fizzapal Feb 12th 2010 12:42 pm

l will fight this annulment to death.thanks guys.

Noorah101 Feb 12th 2010 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by fizzapal (Post 8337583)
l think u guys are wright.its gonna be hard to prove.that being said how should l take it from here?please help.shes driving me nuts now

Well, this specific problem (how to fight the annulment) is not an immigration question. So you'll need to talk to a family or divorce lawyer for that one.

Rene

fizzapal Feb 12th 2010 3:12 pm

ok Noorah101.

fizzapal May 13th 2010 11:22 am

Hi everybody! its been a while.l want to update you how my case has been going on .last week we went to court and l was granted divorce instead of annulment when my wife failled to proof the fraud.We were able to settle everything in court and my divorce will be final in early september. l think l'll be able to file for i751 waiver before octomber when my card expire.l wanna thank you all for your support, l feel not alone in this journey

Jerseygirl May 13th 2010 11:29 am

Originally Posted by fizzapal (Post 8563969)
Hi everybody! its been a while.l want to update you how my case has been going on .last week we went to court and l was granted divorce instead of annulment when my wife failled to proof the fraud.We were able to settle everything in court and my divorce will be final in early september. l think l'll be able to file for i751 waiver before octomber when my card expire.l wanna thank you all for your support, l feel not alone in this journey

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

brnie80 May 14th 2010 1:14 am

My case is very similar to yours. I have most of the proof you have for bonafide marriage and my wife has been accusing me of marriage fraud. She has accused me of cheating, marrying her for money and other things for no reason at all in the past. Can you please tell the specifics of what helped you fight the annulment ? Thanks.

fizzapal Sep 9th 2010 10:26 am

hi guys.l just wants to update you how far my case has gone.my divorce was final last week friday and my attorney was able to send i 751 waiver petition to remove condition yesterday.l had 3 weeks remaing before my card expire.how soon should l expect extention letter to extend my status, coz l received a note from my employer asking me to prove my residence or bring work permit once my card expire.also lm l able to travel oversea with this letter assumed they send me one.do l need to get stamp or its ok?how soon should l be scheduled to do biometric?.sorry guys for asking so many questions at the same time.you guys have supported me since l got into this mess.