OF-169 Case No??

Old Feb 6th 2001, 9:28 pm
vinnic2000

Hi everyone. When filling out the OF-169 Checklist to send back to the Consulate, they ask
for a "case number" or "file number". Is this the beneficiary's "A" number, or the INS
service center receipt number from teh first NOA? Or should we leave this blank.

Also, if you aren't sure whether the fiance can attend at the interview time but will try
(depending on getting time off of work and plane tickets), could you mark attending
"alone" but put in parentheses: or with fiance, Name, if able to attend at that time.

Thanks for answering these questions. I know they're small but just curious. Also, for
sending stuff back to the embassy, do you use the return address on the envelope packet 3
came in, if no other address is specified? thanks

Old Feb 7th 2001, 5:57 am
Paul

I too had one of these, I was sent the packet from the UK embassy, and on the letter,
there was a case number. It started with an LND, given that htis was from London, I guess
it's a kinda reference from that particular consulate.

It's completely different from my A number

Paul

> Hi everyone. When filling out the OF-169 Checklist to send back to the Consulate, they
> ask for a "case number" or "file number". Is this the beneficiary's "A" number, or the
> INS service center receipt number from teh first NOA? Or should we leave this blank.
>
> Also, if you aren't sure whether the fiance can attend at the interview time but will
> try (depending on getting time off of work and plane tickets), could you mark attending
> "alone" but put in parentheses: or with fiance, Name, if able to attend at that time.
>
> Thanks for answering these questions. I know they're small but just curious. Also, for
> sending stuff back to the embassy, do you use the return address on the envelope packet
> 3 came in, if no other address is specified? thanks
>