1485 Pending Application

Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Peacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nice
Default 1485 Pending Application

Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered in previous threads I did have a look but couldnt find anything offhand.

I'm looking for some advice on on how to find out whats going on with my pended case. Myself and my husband had my I485 Adjustment of status interview on December 3rd, it was a most unpleasant experience. Our interviewer was very cold and not particularly friendly. We presented our evidence which she didnt even seem to look at most of it anyway. She did take my I94 at interview and told us we would get something in the mail in 3 weeks.......I was in tears afterwards after thinking i would get a final decision that day and now being totally confused about what was going on with my case. Obviously more time has passed and I know with the holidays as well that would have delayed things but nothing has come through, the case status on the USCIS website is still the same other than the date has changed to the day after our interview as to when it was last updated. I really would like to know whats going on whether it be background checks or what as im unable to leave the USA until this is all sorted. In hindsight i wish i had asked at interview but the lady intimidated me too much to do so. Is there any way of investingating this further?

Any advice much appreciated!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1485 Pending Application

Make an Infopass appointment and go ask in person at your local office. They should be able to tell you what the holdup is.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Peacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nice

Thanks! Id heard of infopass but I didnt realise they were able to update me on my case!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peacefulove
Thanks! Id heard of infopass but I didnt realise they were able to update me on my case!
You won't know if they can or not until you try. Hopefully they will be able to.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:04 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered in previous threads I did have a look but couldnt find anything offhand.

I'm looking for some advice on on how to find out whats going on with my pended case. Myself and my husband had my I485 Adjustment of status interview on December 3rd, it was a most unpleasant experience. Our interviewer was very cold and not particularly friendly. We presented our evidence which she didnt even seem to look at most of it anyway. She did take my I94 at interview and told us we would get something in the mail in 3 weeks.......I was in tears afterwards after thinking i would get a final decision that day and now being totally confused about what was going on with my case. Obviously more time has passed and I know with the holidays as well that would have delayed things but nothing has come through, the case status on the USCIS website is still the same other than the date has changed to the day after our interview as to when it was last updated. I really would like to know whats going on whether it be background checks or what as im unable to leave the USA until this is all sorted. In hindsight i wish i had asked at interview but the lady intimidated me too much to do so. Is there any way of investingating this further?

Hi Peacefulove,

You should definitely make and Infopass appointment asap.

We had our AOS interview on the 17th December in Missouri. It took about 15 minutes from start to finish and we were told that I had been approved before we left the interview room, she too told us that we would receive a "Welcome to America" letter in a couple of days, and my green card within 3-4 weeks.

That day I received an update email from USCIS saying that I had been approved and a letter was in the post, and another email to say that my card had been ordered.

I received my letter before Christmas, and my green card arrived on Wednesday 2nd January.

I hope that everything works out ok for you, please let us know how you get on at your appointment.

Best of luck! ~ Andie.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I really would like to know whats going on whether it be background checks or what as im unable to leave the USA until this is all sorted.
You're free to leave the US any time you want. It's not like you're a prisoner here.

Ian
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:08 am
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You're free to leave the US any time you want. It's not like you're a prisoner here.

Ian
I'm not sure that is the case. I had my I-94 taken out of my passport and was told that until I had received my greencard I could not leave the country, unless I had an I-551 Stamp in my passport.

They used to issue the stamp at the time of interview, but now you have to wait until you receive your "Welcome to America" letter, and go back to the office for your stamp.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andie&jase
I'm not sure that is the case.
Of course it's the case. The problem isn't leaving the US... anyone can leave the US. The problem, is getting back in... but the poster was only asking about leaving.

Ian
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:29 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Of course it's the case. The problem isn't leaving the US... anyone can leave the US. The problem, is getting back in... but the poster was only asking about leaving.

Ian
And you're just being a @$$#*!^ as usual...
Old Jan 5th 2008, 2:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
And you're just being a @$$#*!^ as usual...
The OP said she was "unable to leave the USA"... I pointed out that this was incorrect. It's not my fault that people don't fully understand what they write.

Ian
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the answers im going to make an infopass asap....and i didnt mean to imply i wanted out of the USA! I would just like to be able to go back and visit family and friends and until this whole thing is approved i cant make any plans to do so But i will keep you updated as to my situation
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it has been covered in many threads. The adjudicating officer is often not friendly, that is not their job to be your friend, and they often do not look at the additional evidence you bring. They just put it in your folder. Most often people are not told they are approved but told exactly what you were told. So don't think anything is wrong because your interview and conclusion were perfectly average.

Have you checked the USCIS online to see what your status is? If not, why not do that now. An infopass appointment is good but it is doubtful they will tell you anything.

I take it there is more going on with your change of status then usual. Did you enter the US and overstay your visa and/or the VWP? Did you marry while on something other than a K-1 fiancee visa? Is any of the above the reason why you are so fearful and have not used advance parole to travel out of and return to the US?

Your interview was only a month ago. I would do nothing myself at the moment. It is far to early for you to have received anything in the mail. And BTW not everyone gets the Welcome letter. We didn't.

Hello,

Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
And BTW not everyone gets the Welcome letter. We didn't.
And some get six copies
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:40 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the answers im going to make an infopass asap....and i didnt mean to imply i wanted out of the USA! I would just like to be able to go back and visit family and friends and until this whole thing is approved i cant make any plans to do so But i will keep you updated as to my situation
Was your officer a very small Asian (or Oriental as some would say) lady?

If so, we had her several years ago and she was the DAO from HELL. Did she write anything in your passport? Her initials are in my husband's. Could be the same one.

If so, I empathize with you. Egad, she was awful.

~SecretGarden
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Was your officer a very small Asian (or Oriental as some would say) lady?

If so, we had her several years ago and she was the DAO from HELL. Did she write anything in your passport? Her initials are in my husband's. Could be the same one.

If so, I empathize with you. Egad, she was awful.

~SecretGarden
No she was an african american lady. I had read other interview experiences on the internet before we attended ours and most of what i had seen were usually positive experiences. While we were waiting to be seen i was observing other interviewers come out and get people and they were all smiles and handshakes!

As for the way i entered, I came in the visa waiver to see my now husband for a month, he asked me to stay longer and got me another ticket home then decided a few days before i was supposed to go to propose and asked mt to stay and make a life together! He did talk to an attorney prior to doing so to check legal impications. I did not have any intent of staying here when i came over. I had a suitcase of clothes to my name and had to get everything I needed posted over from the UK. I applied for an EAD and began working in November. Obviously being married for such a short period of time we dont have any children, own a house or car together. We had plenty of evidence of our relationship together over the years, emails, cards, bank accounts, credit cards, joint memberships. The interviewer took all the emails, and photocopies of financials, memberships etc. I'm not worried about them questioning the authenticity of our marriage, nor about the way we did it, K1 route would have been the best way admittedly but whats done is done. We spoke to an attorney again after interview who advised us everything seems to be in order and to sit tight and if after 90 days no response then he will get involved to find out whats going on. Its just frustrating knowing whats going on behind the scenes in the meantime, whether it be my background checks thats holding this up or anything else I have no idea. I guess ill just have to wait and see. Ill post on here to keep you updated of my situation.