10 year green card interview

Old Dec 10th 2020, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

RMP007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 10 year green card interview

Hi all,

My Green Card expired in October 2019 and I now have the I-797 18 month extension, valid until April 2021. I had my biometrics appointment in February 2020 but have not heard anything since.

Every time I check my status on USCIS it says I am waiting pending an interview. Im sure like everything else, the COVID situation has slowed things up. As we approach April 2021 and if I have not heard anything else from USCIS about an interview, what should I do to get an extension until I get an interview date? I realize I still have a few months yet but it is bugging my mind.

Thanks,

Iain
Old Dec 10th 2020, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 year green card interview

It’s taking ages. A good friend of mine applied to remove conditions in April 2019. Still waiting. They will give you another extension if it comes to that.
Old Dec 10th 2020, 9:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You can make an appointment to go in person to get an I-551 stamp in your passport.

Rene
Old Dec 11th 2020, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies and information I'm hoping that I get my interview date in time.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 2:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What is the interview for? Can you tell us? How did you originally obtain permanent residency status?

There is no interview for a replacement green card, i.e. a 10 year card to another 10 year card. There might be an interview if you were awaiting the removal of conditions on a two year green card. W/O having to go back over your prior posts, could you clarify?

Since you only have 4 posts to your credit, I went back. You initially entered the US on a valid CR-1 visa which gave you a conditional permanent residency status, i.e. a 2 year green card. You have applied for the removal of conditions from your PR status by filing the I-751. Assume you are awaiting the I-751 interview in which you will 'prove' that your marriage is still ongoing. Your spouse will attend with you.

As Rene advised, you can get an I-551 stamp in your passport to tie you over or you can call the 1-800 and ask to speak to a supervisor and see if they will send you a new extension letter.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 11th 2020 at 2:48 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Rete,

Thank you for your reply too. Apologies if I was not so clear in my original post. The interview I am waiting for is as you mention, to prove my marriage is still valid and to remove the conditions off my 2 year Green Card and go forward with a 10 year Green Card.
The 1-800 number that you mention, is it 1-800-375-5283.

Many thanks.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 3:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If that is the number on the USCIS website, then it is correct.
Old Dec 12th 2020, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RMP007
Rete,

Thank you for your reply too. Apologies if I was not so clear in my original post. The interview I am waiting for is as you mention, to prove my marriage is still valid and to remove the conditions off my 2 year Green Card and go forward with a 10 year Green Card.
The 1-800 number that you mention, is it 1-800-375-5283.

Many thanks.
I’m in exactly the same situation date wise and still waiting to here. Will look to get an stamp in my passport in January and will probably apply for citizenship early next year